Olberman on tv tonight!

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Olberman on tv tonight!

Postby devildog28 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:58 am

Was spouting off about how the GOP has "perverted" the sad tragedy of 9-11 into a trademark for their platform. And how Bush used it to keep him in office. Also mentioned how McCain was using it for vote. I think he was the one using it to boost ratings.

After I got done cursing at the tv and feeling sick I started picturing what it would be like to suffocate him with my bare hands around his neck. :mad:
devildog28
hunter

Postby seastreet » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:26 am

Not to worry... He and Chris Matthews are about to be marginalized come debate time.

As far as Olberman is concerned... It's one thing to have a commentary show where the host(s) are well known as subjective commentators, but quite another when douchebags like Olberman try to pan off that they are objective journalism, just reporting the news.

Any way you look at it, Olberman's ratings are in the toilet. The free market takes care of sumbag, idiotic dolts like him. :yes:
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
seastreet
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:01 am

I finally got Olberman last night. It is all satire. He is playing a characteur of a liberal. He drove me nuts because I couldn't believe andybody could be that stupid, illogical, and blindly partisan with no core convictions other than winning political power for political power's sake. It's a bit. He is the Phil Hendrie of the cable news channel. I watched most of his show yesterday and once I realized it had to be a gag it was hilarious. He is so completely over the top. It has to be an act.

He spent 10 minutes railing about the lipstick and the pig. Then he brought some weasely geek from newsweek on as some sort of insightful expert.

The coup de grace was his ripping on McCain's secret plan to get Bin Laden. He said something that I have said about Obama, but made it through the absurd notion that McCain could announce in public his plans to get Bin Laden. Shhhh don't tell Bin Laden, but this is my plan. Remember McCain pushed the Bush administration for the surge. Obama said it was a dumb idea and now it worked better than anybody could have imagined. McCain was just a lucky bastard and his Bin Laden plans won't work unless they do and then it wouldn't be his fault anyways.

However, U.S. Senator Obama supposedly has all these wonderful ideas for health care, the economy, etc. and the Democrats control congress and he has never written any of them into a Bill. None of which have any strategic reason to be kept secret and what is he going to do with all of these great ideas if he is not elected? He shoud have been writing Bills and not speeches if he really cared about the country.

I laughed through the entire Olberman show. It's mocking liberals. He can't be for real. The Archie Bunker of the cable news talk. The superiority, the condescension, the sophisticate language, the emotional adjectives, the illogical conclusions, ... He's got it all down. Absolutely hillarious.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Brydog » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:04 am

I'd put Keith Olberman in the same "Ass" class as Bill
O'Really. They just sit across the isle from each other.
I have to agree with Olberman on his statements about the GOP. He forgot to include Rudy "911" Guliani though.
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby devildog28 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:17 pm

Brydog wrote:I'd put Keith Olberman in the same "Ass" class as Bill
O'Really. They just sit across the isle from each other.
I have to agree with Olberman on his statements about the GOP. He forgot to include Rudy "911" Guliani though.

Oh no he made a few cracks against him. The things that offends me and SHOULD offend you is that fact that he took an tragic day and used it to attack the GOP. You'd have to see the clip to see how sickening it was.
devildog28
hunter

Re: Olberman on tv tonight!

Postby dudejcb » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:08 pm

devildog28 wrote:Was spouting off about how the GOP has "perverted" the sad tragedy of 9-11 into a trademark for their platform. And how Bush used it to keep him in office. Also mentioned how McCain was using it for vote. I think he was the one using it to boost ratings.

After I got done cursing at the tv and feeling sick I started picturing what it would be like to suffocate him with my bare hands around his neck. :mad:

Olberman is right. The GOP convention did try to leverage 9/11 by showing that video footage. And that's exactly what Bush and Cheney did in the 04 election; they tried to scare you into voting for them and not that "softy" Kerry. And that is what McCain is attempting to do now. If he knows how to capture Obama, why hasn't he done something? He is after all a US Senator with a lot of clout.

Are you guys blind or just simple?
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Redline29 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:18 pm

[/quote]If he knows how to capture Obama, why hasn't he done something? He is after all a US Senator with a lot of clout. [/quote]

He could have...McCain was standing right next to him yesterday.
20 Jan 2009...the beginning of an error.
Redline29
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:48 pm

dudejcb wrote:
devildog28 wrote:Was spouting off about how the GOP has "perverted" the sad tragedy of 9-11 into a trademark for their platform. And how Bush used it to keep him in office. Also mentioned how McCain was using it for vote. I think he was the one using it to boost ratings.

Olberman is right. The GOP convention did try to leverage 9/11 by showing that video footage. And that's exactly what Bush and Cheney did in the 04 election; they tried to scare you into voting for them and not that "softy" Kerry. And that is what McCain is attempting to do now. If he knows how to capture Obama, why hasn't he done something? He is after all a US Senator with a lot of clout.

Are you guys blind or just simple?

Neither. I am fully aware that they referred to it in the past. But I think it was stating the fact that our security would be in jeapordy if left up to "dove" liberals.
devildog28
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:54 am

dudejcb wrote:If he knows how to capture Obama, why hasn't he done something?
He did when he picked Palin. Captured him and blew right past.

Assuming you are talking about the terrorist and not the leftist. How would you ever know if he is or isn't? He is not the commander in chief yet. All he can do is push the administration, like he did with the surge. They can ignore him if they want.

Unlike all of Obama's great ideas that he should have put into Bills and tried to pass into law because that was his job. Why has he accepted salary as a U.S. Senator of over a half a million dollars in tax payer money? So he can run for President? What a bunch of bullshit! Isn't that just stealing?
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:18 pm

Obama is the biggest do nothing Senator of Illinois that I have ever seen. At least even Carol Mosley Braun did more than Obama has other than when it comes to flapping those BS spewing lips together.
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum