What if....

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

What if....

Postby don taylor » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:04 am

What if Obama cans Biden and put Hillary on the ticket? After what Biden said... I don't know. I'm sure he's noticing it slipping away by now.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby seastreet » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:38 am

Bad either way. If he sticks with Biden, the human gaffe machine will just continue to suffer from chronic foot in mouth disease.

If he cans Biden and goes with Hillary, his decision making ability will be in question big time. The GOP will eat him alive in showing how his lack of experience and poor judgement will be dangerous in this country.

Either way, it's not good for the Obama team.
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
seastreet
hunter

Postby MM » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:42 am

:dito:
Like us on facebook! Reelfishingchat.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/ReelFishi ... 6234462878
MM
Super Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:46 am

I think that was jut Biden being Biden. He has always said stupid things like that.

Obama hates Hillary. I don't see anyway that happens. He not only chose not to pick her. He was very disrespectful to in the process.

He took the campaign manager that Hillary fired and made her the Chief of Staff to the Vice Presidential Nominee long before he had decided on the VP choice.
http://rakesprogress.wordpress.com/2008/06/17/proof-that-hillary-will-not-be-obamas-vp/
“It’s a slap in the face,” Buell said. “Why would they put somebody that was so clearly ineffective in such a position? It’s a message. We get it.” She said it was a “calculated decision” by the Obama team to “send a message that she [Clinton] is not being considered for the ticket.”

Desperation may lead him to consider this, but by that point his campaign will be so sunk that Hillary is very unlikely to accept because the campaign is already going down in flames. Leaving who as the likely Democratic nominee in 2012 :yes:

Besides, he damn well better not. The only reason I voted for him in the primaries was to get rid of the Clintons.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby don taylor » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:43 pm

What if Biden backs out though? then its on him, not Obama. I think he wants the votes back and will do anything now. Besides, he has the media on his team to spin it for him.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:16 pm

If it happens, it will be Biden coming up with some excuse as to why he has to step aside. That goes pretty much without saying. Obama will not fire him. If something bad really were to happen to Biden, Obama might take the opportunity to dump him.

I still find it hard, at this point, for him to pick Hillary and have her accept. What other women are options? I would put them ahead of Hillary. Another option is an hispanic. Bill Richardson anyone? That wouldn't be so blatantly pandering as picking the 2nd woman this election cycle and could be spun as a new first.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Brydog » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:10 pm

seastreet wrote:Bad either way. If he sticks with Biden, the human gaffe machine will just continue to suffer from chronic foot in mouth disease.

If he cans Biden and goes with Hillary, his decision making ability will be in question big time. The GOP will eat him alive in showing how his lack of experience and poor judgement will be dangerous in this country.

Either way, it's not good for the Obama team.

Whatta ya' know,
We finally agree on something Image
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby DuckinFool » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:24 pm

if Obama were stupid enough to take Hillary as VP and they would win I am giving him less than 6 months before he has an "unfortunate accident". Any takers on that? :yes:
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby seastreet » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:42 pm

DuckinFool wrote:if Obama were stupid enough to take Hillary as VP and they would win I am giving him less than 6 months before he has an "unfortunate accident". Any takers on that? :yes:

If Obama were to pick Hillary, it would most definitely energize the remaining holdouts of the Republican base that would come out to donkey punch her down. I know a ton of people who voted for Obama in the primaries only to get rid of Hillary. Now they will vote for McCain/Palin.

With either scenario, it's not good for Obama. The only way he can win is he (and all of the dyed in the wool liberals) stops attacking Palin, refocuses on his message, and ignore Palin as if she wasn't there. We all know that ain't gonna happen, so I think Obama's numbers will continue to tank. By Halloween, he will be as popular as a "Frank the Tank streaking" costume.
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
seastreet
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:55 pm

The Clintons do not like playing second fiddle to anyone and have never let anyone or anything stand in their way while climbing up the political ladder.

Hillary Clinton is the last person who wants to see Obama win. If she intends to try again in '12 the last thing she wants to see is an Obama win in November.
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:58 pm

DuckinFool wrote:if Obama were stupid enough to take Hillary as VP and they would win I am giving him less than 6 months before he has an "unfortunate accident". Any takers on that? :yes:
She's smarter than that. The accident or crazy swastki tatooed assassin with a Rush Limbaugh book in his pocket wouldn't happen until after the 2nd year. That way Hillary could serve as President for 10 years and not 8.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Brydog » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:33 pm

I said the very same thing to my wife a few months back.
Remember Vince Foster ? :eek:
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby DuckinFool » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:46 pm

Now you and I have something we agree on too. :eek:
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby mydogearl » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:16 pm

is brydawg slipping over to the R side now? :rofl:
mydogearl
hunter

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:29 pm

Brydog has said that he is not on either party and he just votes for wich candidate he thinks will be best. I dont agree on his choice right now but at least he is not a full blown liberal like dude.
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter

Postby Brydog » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:34 pm

mydogearl wrote:is brydawg slipping over to the R side now? :rofl:

I'm not an "R" or a "D". I simply want a President with sound qualifications and some integrity. Neither one of our candidates have enough of either for my liking. :sad:

You beat me to the response WW. :biggrin:
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:37 pm

Hey we agree on something too!
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:44 pm

Brydog wrote:I'm not an "R" or a "D". I simply want a President with sound qualifications and some integrity. Neither one of our candidates have enough of either for my liking. :sad:
Who ever has? What person would be your #1 choice of people that actually want to be President? I hate them all is the easy position. Who doesn't?
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Brydog » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:48 pm

I just know what I want, and neither one of these guys can provide it. So yeah,,, I'm a little disappointed in my choices in this election. :sad:
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby Brydog » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:51 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
Brydog wrote:I'm not an "R" or a "D". I simply want a President with sound qualifications and some integrity. Neither one of our candidates have enough of either for my liking. :sad:
Who ever has? What person would be your #1 choice of people that actually want to be President? I hate them all is the easy position. Who doesn't?

Must you always be contrary?!?!? :tongue:
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby don taylor » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:35 pm

Hannity is talking about it.... We don't think it will work because we don't like hillary. If you like Hillary, well then that's another story.

I'd bet on these things.

Race Riots

P.o.t.u.s. assasination attempts

Hillary getting on this ticket.

In that order.

I'm sure about the race riots. I got a piece of a news segment which black leaders are predicting it now. I think they are stirring the pot and playing on white's fear of blacks. I think they are hoping some whites vote for him so the natives don't get restless.

No thanks. I'll take my chances, homey.

Keep in mind I'm a hate mongering white supremist. Just ask a lib.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby jrockncash » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:12 pm

:lol:

Word homey.
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
jrockncash
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:45 am

Brydog wrote:
Whatta ya' know,
We finally agree on something Image

:eek: Had to come and see this for myself. :rofl:

I cant believe how VP centered this election is, I havent even seen Obama or McCain in the headlines last few weeks. Does everone plan on a death or something :huh:
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby Rat Creek » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:04 pm

It isn’t over for Hillary yet is it? If Obama dumps Biden for Hillary, he better have an official food taster and wear a bullet proof vest, even in the shower.

She will feel emboldened and will stop at nothing if the opening is presented.

I almost feel for Obama. He made a terrible mistake in taking an old guard politician when his hollow message was change. This didn’t fit well, and cast real doubt on this wisdom.

Then if he picks Hillary to try to right the ship, he has Hillary AND Bill sucking all the oxygen out of the room. Even if he wins the election, they will work to marginalize him as quickly as possible because they are not going to play second fiddle.

It is a brutally difficult situation that is revealing the real Obama.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:03 am

Brydog wrote:Image

I just know what I want, and neither one of these guys can provide it. So yeah,,, I'm a little disappointed in my choices in this election. :sad:
Do you mind sharing? Stick you neck out of your shell just a bit and tell us who you would want. You're not a Nader guy are you? Bob Barr? Edwards? Biden? You were a Rudy guy like me, weren't you?

FYI. Just about everybody is disappointed by their choices in every election, but you can't ask for two candidates that are farther apart on 90% of the issues. If it wasn't for that other 10%, I'd like McCain. However, with the Palin pick, he suggests that 10% won't dominate his Presidency and definitely won't send the party in the wrong direction after him.

It's easy to be against everything. That will just make you a bitter old man.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum