Palin as Liar

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Palin as Liar

Postby dudejcb » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:55 am

She just ordered all state employees to not cooperate or speak with the Alaska legislature inquiry into troopergate... yet here's what she said a few short weeks ago. (Are we seeing another R flip-flop?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oro2Yh9HoEM

And really, what does a VP do?
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby brownlou » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:14 am

See--politicians are all liars, out for themselves and power.....
brownlou
hunter

Postby don taylor » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:35 am

Why don't you libs take a page out of your own book and get back to the issues?

If I was a Obama supporter, I'd try diversion tactics to though. When you have nothing to say except 'He's not a republican so I'm all in for him!' you need to have diversions from the issues. When is he saving all these big plans for? after the race? When he's back in the senate? Has he ever really been there anyways?
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:41 am

brownlou wrote:See--politicians are all liars, out for themselves and power.....
I'll accept that, if you accept the logical conclusion that we need to reduce their power and influence and not expand it. This is why I am a Conservative that believes the Federal Government should have a very limited role at most on domestic issues. How do you get from all politicians are liars to handing over your health care, your retirement, your children's eductation, ... to a bunch of liars. That's just f'ing stupid.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:53 am

don taylor wrote:Why don't you libs take a page out of your own book and get back to the issues?

If I was a Obama supporter, I'd try diversion tactics to though. When you have nothing to say except 'He's not a republican so I'm all in for him!' you need to have diversions from the issues. When is he saving all these big plans for? after the race? When he's back in the senate? Has he ever really been there anyways?

Don I agree with the issues being important, but along with that integrity, ethics, and intelligence. If you don't have the latter three, the issues don't stand a chance.

Also: I think most politicians lie and distort, but not all. And some lies or minor distortions can be far worse that real whoppers and and flat out contridictions of fact as truth.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby brownlou » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:46 pm

I have been reading along on most of these recently posted topics. Its getting ugly in here. No one is listening to the other, only thinking of what to post that is anti whatever the other fellow wrote. It brings to mind Winston Churchill who said "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute talk with the average voter."
brownlou
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:51 pm

I guess I am not seeing what you are seeing. Chief executives can hire and fire any cabinet member they choose. Just like when President Clinton fired the travel office to bring in his own people. Now Clinton shouldn't have sicked the IRS on them without reason, but hey, that is how the Clintons roll.

If there is any lack of judgment, it is that she chose to go on CNBC. Why would anyone go on that network to be beat up by libs and to only be viewed by libs?
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:59 pm

Ratcreek,

you are right. But what has happened is that Palin, at first, welcomed the inquiry as the video shows. Now however, she has flipped and decided not to "welcome" the inquiry and has instead ordered all state employees to not cooperate with investigators. Why the change? If there is nothing to hide, then there is nothing to fear.

If/when Clinton did this it was wrong. Doing it now is still wrong. To lie is wrong, and to order state emplyees to not cooperate is tantamount to obstruction of justice by the governor who is supposed to uphold justice.

Any of this making sense?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:08 pm

I have no idea if any of this is true and if it is, I would say she is being wise. Maybe she learned from Hillary to stall and stall, and then to forget. If you like Clinton leadership, then you would have to love this maneuver and you will throw your support behind her as if she were reincarnation of the Slick One.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:12 pm

Rat Creek wrote:I have no idea if any of this is true and if it is, I would say she is being wise. Maybe she learned from Hillary to stall and stall, and then to forget. If you like Clinton leadership, then you would have to love this maneuver and you will throw your support behind her as if she were reincarnation of the Slick One.
not worthy of a response. it may sound polyanna but government is there to serve the people, not to engage in gamesmanship and personal vendetta and retribution. That's the type of behavior that makes gonernment bad regardless of party.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:52 pm

dudejcb wrote:not worthy of a response.
Yet, you responded :huh:
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:14 pm

not in kind...
dudejcb
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:33 pm

Do you know who the "investigators" are? They are Democratic party hired lawyers. They are essentially there to dig up dirt. Not to be impartial. Why on earth should anyone cooperate with someone who is out to get them?
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:25 pm

jaysweet3 wrote:Do you know who the "investigators" are? They are Democratic party hired lawyers. They are essentially there to dig up dirt. Not to be impartial. Why on earth should anyone cooperate with someone who is out to get them?

that is not my understanding. I was under the impression (heard it on Morning Joe) that it was the Alaskan state legislature that was looking into the matter.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:32 pm

jaysweet3 wrote:Do you know who the "investigators" are? They are Democratic party hired lawyers. They are essentially there to dig up dirt. Not to be impartial. Why on earth should anyone cooperate with someone who is out to get them?

Sounds perfectly logical. I sincerely doubt this just happened to come up right now. It has the smell of the Obama Chicago political machine.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby brownlou » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:13 pm

Guys---Palin was underinvestigation for this matter before she got the nomination. Obama's people had nothing to do with it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

I was leaning toward Mccain until he picked Palin who was basically a smoke and mirrors job to get back up in the polls. Her as a VP running mate is just too riduclus. It was only a maneuver to fool voters and get press. She is about as qualified as you or me. The problem I have is Mccain is the oldest man to run for this office with a history of cancer. There is a chance she may be president.

Now, I am left with no one to vote for. Maybe Bob Barr. Who knows?
brownlou
hunter

Postby seastreet » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:49 pm

brownlou wrote:Guys---Palin was underinvestigation for this matter before she got the nomination. Obama's people had nothing to do with it.

She was under investigation simply for being a Republican. Political witch hunt, plain and simple.

Her ex-brother-in-law tasered his 11 stepson while off duty, with a state issue taser. He also was caught drinking on duty in his patrol car. He also shot a moose, on duty and out of season, and made threats against Palin's father. He was protected by the union. She thought his boss wasn't doing his job. As the governor, she reserves the right to fire them with just cause.

I'm pissed that her POS ex-brother-in-law is still walking around as a trooper after tasering an 11 year old child. He should have been fired immediately. He would have in NC for damn sure. It wouldn't have made it to the governor's desk in NC, because he would have lost his job within days. So the left hyperventilates because the governor of Alaska expects a higher standard of ethics and professionalism from members of the highest law enforcement agency in the state. The left repeats the charge, but conveinently leaves out the details of the case. When the facts are known, peoples' opinions change quite drastically from the initial, headline charge of corruption. Wonder why libs leave out the relevent information?
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
seastreet
hunter

Postby riverrat47 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:14 pm

When George Washington, John Adams and Thomas Jefferson were elected President, the life expectancy for a male was 37. Those men were 57, 62 and 58, respectively. I think we can all agree that it is a good thing that their age didn't keep them out of the Presidency.
Being from downstate Illinois (outside Chicago and Cook county), and an avid follower of Illinois politics, I can assure you that obama's ethics and integrety are extremely clouded. We have a saying in downstate Illinois: "Elect a Chicago democrat and you get the best politician money can buy."
riverrat47
hunter

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:26 pm

What I want to know is why you are critcizing Palin for lying and what not when you are supporting the biggest liar in this campaign? :huh:
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter

Postby brownlou » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:40 pm

Well-- here is another lie then
You can't get any more conservative then the Wall Street Journal.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1221438 ... whats_news
brownlou
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:28 pm

Yo Libs.....gather around and huddle up.....now we been through this before. She lied huh? No big deal lying even under oath.......right libs? I mean your party and Slick Willy Clinton done set the precedent. Right libs? :yes:

it all depends on what "is" is. :thumbsup:

If she's lying then that establishes beyond doubt she is qualified for the job. Right libs???? :biggrin:
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:03 am

I dont think I could have a candidate like Obama and question anyone about anything.
Pot, Kettle, you know the rest.
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby seastreet » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:15 am

brownlou wrote:Well-- here is another lie then
You can't get any more conservative then the Wall Street Journal.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1221438 ... whats_news

Again... When you look at the details of the story, opinions of the average person change dramatically.

The investigation is being supposedly lead by a "non-partisan". But if you do a little research to find out who is really behind the investigation, it isn't as non-partisan as one would think. Leading the charge is Sen. Hollis French. For anyone doubting that this whole ”investigation” is a partisan scam cooked up by a bunch of good-old-boy political hacks, here’s a smoking gun from the Obama-Biden campaign web site:

The man overseeing the “investigation,” Sen. Hollis French, is the bald guy near the back (fifth from left, by the Obama ‘08 posters). Any doubts about this hack’s objectivity yet?

This whole investigation has been hijacked by Obama's campaign, and it's objectiveness is severely compromised. When you learn to look beyond the headlines, we can start to have a meaningful discussion.

Here's another article to quench your selective outrage thirst...
http://countusout.wordpress.com/2008/09/14/obama-partisan-tampers-with-palin-subpoena-list/

In other words... You have been pwned once again. :hammer:
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
seastreet
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:22 am

to say you guys (Brownlou not included) are incapable of objective analysis and mature discourse is a gargantuan understatement.

What lies has Obama been outed for (that are factual and from an objective, reliable source... not your haverage R hatemonger/spion doctor)?

The Palin investigation... the official one... is run by an Alaskan legislative committee composed of 5; three R's and 2 D's. The investigation began well in advance of her being whiffed as a potential Veep. I suppose you will conclude that Obama has launched investigations into all R's on the off chance they might pick someone who's a nitwit... as they have done. (If you think he's that clever then you should support him.)

McCain is setting new low's for campaign dishonor and re-spins his story within hours (if not minutes) as soon as his misstatements (being kind with that description) are uttered and his handlers have a chance to whisper in his ear (Leiberman et al.).

The lack of curiosity about, or adherence to, the truth and the childish discussion style demonstrated (WW, Sea, GG, DF, RR, Jay) speaks directly to your lack of credibility on anything. It's emotional mob jibberish!

If Obama has warts let's take an objective look and examine the issue(s) like adults using actual facts. But tossing out garbage in a steeped partisan manner to see what will stick, and invoking the Clinton's or historical Chicago political misdeeds is a disingenous dishonorable smear that you are guilty of. Good work!

I know--based on what you've said thus far, its tone and mean spiritedness--that you don't have the personal integrity or stones to admit this to yourselves and begin a reasonable discussion.

You are simply pathetic. I doubt I would want to hunt anywhere near any of you as I imagine you rail against sky busters and those who set up too close... but are the guilty parties in actuality. Those who do these type things are comfortable lying to themselves have have on over inflated righteous sense of self.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby jrockncash » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:31 am

I didnt make the list. Well thats good. :rofl:

Come on Dude its not like the other side doesnt do the same and worse. The point is we cant argue on the issues because if we did the Dems would lose. Barry hasnt done anything! So we are forced to sit and pick at the next big controversy. I wish we could have a debate to see them live face to face and no teleprompter. And not on some religious crap or NBC but some real independant outlet. Maybe something thats Fair and Balanced. :tongue:
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
jrockncash
hunter

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum