Ted’s choice is clear

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Ted’s choice is clear

Postby h2ofwlr » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:47 pm

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php? ... #continueA

Sarah Palin Is My Girl
09/04

With grave suspicion and reservations, I nonetheless rejoice that the fading embers of conservatism may have indeed caught fire once more. That fireball is Gov.Sarah Palin of Alaska, I pray the next Vice President of the United States. Now I know why I have seen no one with any guts in the Republican Party in so long: the governor of Alaska has them all. Her speech last night was clearly a grand slam out-of-the-park home run. America, we have liftoff!

By selecting Gov. Palin to be his running mate, Sen. McCain has finally electrified the conservative base -- the very base he desperately needs to defeat Sen.Obama in November. I, for one, am greatly relieved and inspired by her message, delivery, confidence, poise, class and grace.

To borrow a relative quote from Michelle Obama, with the selection of Gov. Palin, it’s the first time in quite some time that I’m proud of the Republican Party.

Gov. Palin is a true outsider, a real maverick. She lacks Washington, D.C. political experience. That’s good. No, that’s excellent. It is her lack of D.C. political experience that is the refreshing outsider change America so desperately needs and wants.

Palin made it clear that she is like the rest of us, noting how Fedzilla is bloated, broken, ineffective, and wasteful. Our professional politicians no longer work for us, but instead represent K Street bandit lobbyists. These scoundrels deserve our scorn, anger and contempt, and, quite honestly, a big, old pink slip, and Sarah appears to be the tough leader we seek to get the job done.

The level of disgust and distrust across America is appalling and, I believe, unprecedented. A recent poll indicated the Nancy Pelosi-led Congress’ approval rating is at an abysmal record low of nine percent. That it is even that high shows how clueless and disconnected the lunatic fringe is.

America needs more outsiders in Washington, D.C. now more than ever. We need more tough, standup hockey moms like Governor Sarah Palin. We need more ordinary Americans to springboard from small city councils to the halls of congress and beyond. We need welders, cops, teachers, ditch diggers, business people, construction workers, secretaries, auto mechanics, and guitar slingers to come to Washington, D.C. and replant the good old "We the People" tree.

Americans need to replace the professional politicians who have rigged and ruined the system to exclude ordinary citizens from participating in this experiment in self-government. My advice is to get angry and vote them all out. The professional punk politicians are the problem, not the solution.

We need fewer lawyers in Washington. Lawyers have created a masturbatory legal system by raping our justice system. It’s refreshing to see that neither Sen. McCain nor Gov. Palin is a lawyer. This could be a good start back towards an experiment in self-government. Count me in.

We need fewer bureaucrats who accomplish nothing but sustaining and growing Fedzilla. Bureaucrats create reams of regulations, rules, and requirements that strangle innovation and punish producers. I expect Vice President Palin to lead the charge with a battering ram to smash in the bureaucratic doors that impede progress instead of enabling it. I had a bumper crop of crowbars this year. I'll donate them all to those willing to swing them.

It’s wrong to suggest that just because Gov. Palin is not a career D.C. politician that she lacks the experience and intelligence to lead the nation. She clearly has more executive management experience than Sen. Obama, who has zero experience at running anything. He’s not qualified to run an all-night donut shop, much less America.

Gov. Palin is an executive. The mark of an effective executive is to surround herself with bright, talented, capable professionals who share her vision to accurately represent the people they work for: Americans. Chief Executive Officers need to be visionary leaders, not tacticians who micromanage. Her experience demonstrates she is prepared to lead if necessary.

Gov. Palin represents real hope and change. In her case, hope and change are not simply hollow words. As a city councilwoman, mayor and governor, she has achieved tangible results. She exudes energy and passion, has the experience and the skills, and is ready for the job. I couldn’t be more excited for America.

In addition to her executive experience, and based on unbiased, genuine research, Gov. Palin concludes that global warming is a fraud, supports drilling for oil in the Arctic National
Wildlife Refuge, hunts and fishes, and is a member of the National Rifle Association. What’s not to like?

Those pundits and Fedzilla fanatics who proclaim Gov.Palin has no experience to run the country are the very punks who want to continue to feed Fedzilla. They advocate taking more of our paychecks, wasting more of hard earned money, and not being held accountable. I would like to buy these Fedzilla punks a one-way ticket on the express train to Hell.

President Reagan would surely be proud of Sen. McCain’s choice of Gov. Palin to be his running mate. President Reagan’s words so many years ago ring true once again: it's morning in America.

Last night, a political savior may have arrived. Ted Nugent at your service,Vice President-to-be Palin. I’m your biggest fan. Let’s rock.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Pacific Fisher » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:30 pm

You can add lipstick to the McCain ticket and all you have is more Bush. :rofl:
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:07 pm

Bush is a non-factor PF. Get over it. It is McCain and Palin that will be a thorn in the left's collective side for the next 4 years and beyond. :yes:
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:36 am

Should McCain/Palin be elected, they will be a thorn in the country's side.

McCain is no longer a "Maverick", he has compromised the Straight Talk Express, to the point he is talking in circles.
McCain voted with Bush 90% of the time and then out of the other side of his mouth describes himself a "change" candidate.
His promise to cut back on earmarks is fine, but it represents a very, very small percentage of the budget.

Any analysis of his economic plans (what little he talks about), shows that he will make the Bush tax cuts on the rich permanent, and the middle class will be taxed more. Bush is leaving this country in pretty sad shape on a number of fronts. With the exception of the earmark reform, we are looking at four more years of Bush style leadership.

Palin is failing her first test of ethics accountability by lying to the American People when she assured us she would cooperate with the ethics investigation in Alaska. She said she would be fully accountable.

Additionally, and very important to America's sportsmen, look for Palin to personally continue the very damaging efforts by the Bush administration to undercut fish and wildlife habitat protections and the agencies whose job it is to protect the same. (see the very large number of specific examples on the George W Palin thread).
The Republican Party has abandoned its once strong platform of conservation and habitat protection.
I did not hear McCain or Palin mention anything about protecting the environment during their convention.

The agencies whose jobs it is to protect fish and wildlife habitat have been gutted in the eight years of Bush "leadership". He even defunded their research libraries. Morale is at an all time low.
Folks blowing the whistle on wildlife decisions corrupted by politics and illegally overiding science are being fired.

The Republicans roll out the tired old campaign, "they are gonna take your guns."
Baloney.

I live in California, we have 100 day duck season and the limit includes seven mallards plus four dark geese. No one is taking hunters guns.

The Republican's are going to take the nation's fish and wildlife habitat.
Last edited by Pacific Fisher on Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:47 am

A perfect recital of the DNC talking points, but you didn’t use the words draconian, intolerance or gravitas.

How about you apply the same reasoning to your guys Obama and Biden? This would be interesting.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:04 am

Rat Creek wrote:How about you apply the same reasoning to your guys Obama and Biden? This would be interesting.

I have to do your homework too? :rolleyes:
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby rman114 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:15 am

How will McCain fix our economy...he'll use the stellar advice from his economic adviser Phil Gramm who made Enron possible and deregulated the market allowing the current crisis.

Republicans chip away government until it breaks and then Dems come in to fix it.

Republicans love small government...until a crisis comes and government is too weak to do anything...they then wonder why the government isn't helping them!
rman114
hunter

Postby KDcustomcalls » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:51 am

SPORTSMEN for McCain.
KDcustomcalls
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:42 pm

rman114 wrote:How will McCain fix our economy...he'll use the stellar advice from his economic adviser Phil Gramm who made Enron possible and deregulated the market allowing the current crisis.
What does "make Enron possible" mean? Uncover the crimes which causes the company to drop to its real value of zero? Bush busted them. Clinton didn't. Damn Republicans supporting their cronies. With friends like that, who needs enemies?

Do you mean the stupid reregulation by the Democratic-controlled California government that bankrupted their utilities and allowed Enron to make huge profits on their stupidity. As the saying goes "a fool and his money soon part" Is it a crime to take money that a fool is giving away? The fool shares at least half of the blame.

How was anyone going to prevent the housing bubble? Damn it. Stopping buying houses you can't afford. You will go bankrupt. Damn it. Stop loaning money to people that can't pay it back. You will go bankrupt.

I will agree that Bush has blame on this one. This is part of that "compassionate conservative" nonsense that wanted to get people into houses they couldn't afford and encourage loaning money to bad credit risks. This was part of the hot air that helped inflate this bubble. The Democrats were on board 100%.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:52 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

rman114 wrote:How will McCain fix our economy...he'll use the stellar advice from his economic adviser Phil Gramm who made Enron possible and deregulated the market allowing the current crisis.

I went to read some of my normal afternoon news and opinion. First piece points out that the the chief House co-sponsor of the bill was then-Rep. Jim Leach of Iowa who is a co-founder of Republicans for Obama and it passed the Senate 90-8 and was signed by Bill Clinton and Obama's VP voted for it.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:05 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
rman114 wrote:
I will agree that Bush has blame on this one. This is part of that "compassionate conservative" nonsense that wanted to get people into houses they couldn't afford and encourage loaning money to bad credit risks. This was part of the hot air that helped inflate this bubble. The Democrats were on board 100%.

Isn’t that the truth, though I don't know why my quote is of rman and not spinner.

Everyone was onboard when they wanted to relax credit laws so that everyone could have a house. Everyone except evil, selfish people like me who thought people should have a down payment and strong credit history.

I faulted Bush then and I fault him and congress now for these bailouts. These companies should be allowed to fail.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:27 pm

The mortgage industry invested heavily into the Democrat Party. The top two recipients of payout moneys from Fanny Mae in Congress were to Chris Dodd at #1 and at #2 is none other than Sen. Barack (I don't take PAC money) Hussein Obama. :yes:
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:16 pm

Top McCain Economic Adviser, Carly Fiorina stated in two major interviews that neither McCain or Palin could run a company.
That is indeed interesting, inside information from the McCain team. It should make for a good sound bite :thumbsup:
Do not expect to see Carla allowed by McCain to do anymore interviews though.
Last edited by Pacific Fisher on Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:22 pm

Rat Creek wrote:Everyone except evil, selfish people like me who thought people should have a down payment and strong credit history.
I don't agree with the down payment. I bought my house with essentiall zero down. However, I bought a house for a lot less than they were willing to loan me. This would have forced me to live in an apartment for another year or two :mad:

I also took a fixed rate loan, which increased my payments in the short term, but elimated all interest rate risk. I really don't like ARMs and balloon payments. That's just way to risky for the average person. Interest only loans on monster houses were popular around here :eek: Not so much any more :yes:

The downpayment doesn't really matter if you can't make the payments.

A smaller house and a fixed rate loan is the safe thing to do. You won't get rich, but you are very unlikely to go bankrupt. That also makes sure you have money for boats, dogs, guns, and decoys :thumbsup: All of which I have gotten since buying my house.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:36 pm

rman114 wrote:How will McCain fix our economy...
He definitely won't take advice from Joe Biden. Despite being one of the longest serving Senators making a very good salary for this entire time, he has blown almost all of it. His net worth is estimated at $150k :eek:

It's hard to confirm the exact details, but any reasonable person would be a multimillionaire based on Biden's salary for the last 35 years in the U.S. Senate.
http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=213&sid=1465488

When I was trying to confirm that this was realistic, I stumbled upon this lovely article on honest and ethical Joe. Doesn't matter because he is a Democrat, but if you are curious.
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=ZDU4OTdhMTFhN2YwZTY3MmMzNGFhYzc3ODdhOTA0ZjQ=
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:13 pm

I guess Obama has been a Senator for four years, but just about half of it has been spent on the campaign trail. In that time guess who has been the #2 lobbyist for Freddie and Fannie. That's right folks Barak Obama.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,423701,00.html
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby Montanafowler » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:34 am

I want to see Ted up the anty and run in the next election, Clinton would pass a green skittle! I'm sure Ted could easily get America back on track and get a lot of good things done.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Return to Controversial Issues Forum