Talk vs. Action: Obama vs. Palin.

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Talk vs. Action: Obama vs. Palin.

Postby Tom Phillips* » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:01 am

September 02, 2008, 7:48 a.m.

Talk vs. Action
Obama vs. Palin.

By Dinesh D'Souza

So let’s compare. Sarah Palin has a 17-year-old daughter who is pregnant. Does this mean that Sarah Palin is a hypocrite for championing family values? Does this make her a bad parent?

Here is what Palin has to say about the matter: “We have been blessed with five wonderful children who we love with all our heart. . . . Our beautiful daughter Bristol came to us with news that as parents we knew would make her grow up faster than we had ever planned. We’re proud of Bristol’s decision to have her baby and even prouder to become grandparents. As Bristol faces the responsibilities of love and adulthood, she knows she has our unconditional support.”

This to me is the true humble and Christian response. No one is perfect. And there are consequences for actions which each person has to live with. Even so, parents can admire the young girl’s decision not to take the easy way out and have an abortion. The Palins love their daughter unconditionally, and accept the grandchild unreservedly. I predict that this will strengthen Palin’s support both with evangelical Christians and with the American people.

Now let’s contrast Palin’s behavior with that of Barack Obama. Here is Obama, from his speech at the Democratic National Convention. “It’s not because John McCain doesn’t care. It’s because John McCain doesn’t get it.” Obama faulted McCain for his cruel and insensitive philosophy, which he defined this way: “Out of work? Tough luck. No health care. The market will fix it. Born into poverty? Pull yourself up by your boot straps, even if you don’t have boots. You’re on your own.”

Obama regularly distances himself from this philosophy. In his interview with pastor Rick Warren, Obama said his favorite passage in the Bible is the one where Jesus says: whatever you do to the least of my brethren, that you do unto me. Obama insisted that these are the ideals that have guided his life and the ones that he would bring to the Oval Office.

Now how can Obama’s self-description be reconciled with news reports that Obama’s youngest half-brother lives in a hut in a shanty town on the outskirts of Nairobi? Twenty-six-year-old George Hussein Onyango Obama told Vanity Fair, “No one knows who I am. I live here on less than a dollar a month.” George Obama’s shack measures six feet by ten feet, and yet he says that Barack Obama has done nothing to reach out to him or to help him. “I live like a recluse. If anyone says something about my surname, I say we are not related. I am ashamed.”

So far what has Barack Obama said about his half-brother? Absolutely nothing. Obama’s supporters, in attempting to cover for Obama, have basically accused the young half-brother of trying to benefit from Obama’s success. They say Obama doesn’t owe his sibling a thing. In other words, the Obama camp has a message for George Obama: “Pull yourself up by your bootstraps, even if you don’t have boots. You’re on your own.”

Could there be a more striking contrast between Palin’s loving approach to her family and Obama’s callous rejection of his own brother? The media seems to be implying that Palin is hypocritical because she stands for “family values” while her daughter is pregnant out of wedlock. But parents don’t have full control over their teenagers’ actions.

Moreover, isn’t Obama an even bigger hypocrite for championing aid to the down-and-out while his own sibling lives in an African hut on pennies a day? By the way, the Obamas made several million dollars last year. They are certainly in a position to relieve George Obama’s condition if they cared enough.

The major newspapers and networks know about George, and they seem to recognize how damaging this story is for their favorite presidential candidate. So they are not reporting it, even though it is one of the most revealing stories about the candidate’s character. And thus, as the GOP convention gets under way, we have the ridiculous spectacle of Obama getting credit for talking about compassion while Palin gets criticized for practicing it.
Júdica me, Deus.
Tom Phillips*
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:53 pm

Sweet Sarah Palin would have no problem having a state government force you wife or daughter to have a child after being raped.
Compassionate person she is about your family.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:27 pm

Sarah Palin would almost certainly have no problem if your wife or daughter went to the doctor immediately after being raped and receiving medical treatment that would preclude pregancy.

I still don't know why the liberals are far more concerned with killing the rapist than killing the baby. Wouldn't the fetus be evidence of a crime that must be preserved?

How long after you are raped do you get to "choose" is at the heart of the debate? I know it was 9 months ago, but Obama's cool with it so what's your problem. Just kill it please.

If you want to debate abortion, we will win in landslide. Obama is a radical even amongst pro-choice Americans. I really hope there is a huge honest debate on the issue. You can't get any further to the left of him unless you literally called for infanticide. His positions will disgust 90% of Americans.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Tom Phillips* » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:32 pm

Pacific Fisher wrote:Sweet Sarah Palin.

Isn't she though. :thumbsup:
Júdica me, Deus.
Tom Phillips*
hunter

Postby brownlou » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:41 pm

Sweet is about all Sarah Palin is. Smart? I don't think so.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4478156n

"Their in the state that I am executive of"

Canada and Russia are in Alaska??
LOL!!!!
brownlou
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:01 pm

What can you expect? She comes from the 58th state that didn't even exist when President Roosevelt went on TV to address the nation during the stock market crash.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby brownlou » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:03 pm

Hey Spinner--
Where can I see Joe Biden's comments in full context?
I never see that...only the little snipets is all I can find.
Please post a link so I can have another good laugh today.
Thanks--Lou
brownlou
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:27 pm

brownlou wrote:Where can I see Joe Biden's comments in full context?

both sides do this.... isnt it aggitating? :rolleyes: its like there is a room full of editors picking thru all the media for a short half sentence to put completely out of context against the other side :hammer:

at this point, there isnt anything that could be spun or smeared on sarah or mccain that would make me not vote republican.
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby Pacific Fisher » Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:52 pm

pennsyltucky wrote:

both sides do this.... isnt it aggitating? :rolleyes: its like there is a room full of editors picking thru all the media for a short half sentence to put completely out of context against the other side :hammer:

at this point, there isnt anything that could be spun or smeared on sarah or mccain that would make me not vote republican.

Have you heard about the issue of McCain's illegitimate, black daughter?
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:46 pm

Pacific Fisher wrote:
pennsyltucky wrote:

Have you heard about the issue of McCain's illegitimate, black daughter?

good for him :thumbsup: wonder if she was a hot black chick? ive never done a black chick. hmmmm but i always wanted to (wonder if my wife would approve this message?) :rofl:
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby Tom Phillips* » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:11 am

SpinnerMan wrote:What can you expect? She comes from the 58th state that didn't even exist when President Roosevelt went on TV to address the nation during the stock market crash.

Dang, that's good. :yes:

You wrapped up three in that response. :thumbsup:
Júdica me, Deus.
Tom Phillips*
hunter

Postby Brydog » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:08 am

brownlou wrote:Sweet is about all Sarah Palin is. Smart? I don't think so.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4478156n

"Their in the state that I am executive of"

Canada and Russia are in Alaska??
LOL!!!!

Agreed,
She looks good, but she can't speak. Is that a requirement to run for the Republican Party ?Image
I watched all of the Palin interviews I could find last night and was NOT impressed in the least. The right has stifled her so much that she can't be herself. She's just another talking head now.
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby Tom Phillips* » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:09 am

Júdica me, Deus.
Tom Phillips*
hunter

Postby brownlou » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:13 am

The fox interviews look like informercials. Even Sean goes through a big explaination of his question like Sarah wouldn't understand it.

It is actually the most sexist of them all.....look at his past interviews and he doesn't treat anyone else this way.
brownlou
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:39 am

Just an observation here:
How prophetic is it that everybody keeps comparing Palin to Obama instead of to Biden? I guess it's because the left is too scared to compare Biden to anybody or they are just leery to do a 1-to-1 comparison of Obama to McCain. Funny thing however, even with her limited faults (everybody has them), she's still holding her own against him.

On the other hand, it is hard to find any reference to Obama having to retort comments made by Biden earlier this week...they are trying to sweep his mistake under the rug while dissecting every word that comes out of Palin's mouth.

Point is there are two dugouts on every field and one shouldn't compare fielding stats of the starting shortstop to the middle relievers.
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:48 am

brownlou wrote:Hey Spinner--
Where can I see Joe Biden's comments in full context?
Please post a link so I can have another good laugh today.
Thanks--Lou

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hrQABAlo8g&NR=1
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby brownlou » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:07 am

Thanks Rat
Can you please give me a better quality one then that....for some reason it comes out choppy like someone filmed it from a cellphone. Plus that is the same less then 30 seconds long snipet I keep seeing.
I appreciate your help, but I still can't seem to find the whole interview anywhere....I wonder why? Did it fall in a black hole or something?

Thanks so much, Rat Creek.
brownlou
hunter

Postby Tom Phillips* » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:22 am

brownlou wrote:Thanks Rat
Can you please give me a better quality one then that....for some reason it comes out choppy like someone filmed it from a cellphone. Plus that is the same less then 30 seconds long snipet I keep seeing.
I appreciate your help, but I still can't seem to find the whole interview anywhere....I wonder why? Did it fall in a black hole or something?

The video is fine. It clearly shows Joe Biden saying that Franklin Roosevelt went on TV when the great depression occurred.

Salient points:

Roosevelt wasn't President at the onset of the Great Depression, Herbert Hoover was.

TV did not exist at the time.

Biden is an idiot. If any Republican had made equivalent mistakes, he would be hounded by the media day and night.

Notice any double standard here?
Júdica me, Deus.
Tom Phillips*
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:26 am

I think the Republicans under Bush got hounded after he made hundreds of crazy/stupid remarks while acting as President of the United States.
If you would like to verify the above just do a search under bushisms.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:55 am

You do know that is the main point. Everybody says stupid things that talks for hours every day.

I read a bunch of your "bushisms" and the vast majority were just tripping over his tongue, some of them were 100% true statements that liberals didn't realize made perfect sense (some things sound dumb to the ignorant), some where "what the hell was he trying to spit out," and a few were dumb.

You got to admit Obama saying I've been to 57 states and I think I have one more is really dumb. He didn't realize he had mispoke.

Biden making up stories about what Roosevelt was doing during one of the biggest events in American history is beyond tripping over his tongue. I've known people like that. I honestly don't believe he was lying. I believe he thought he was telling the truth even thought it was a complete figment of his imagination. This is why he has trouble with plagarism and is a one man gaff machine. In his mind, these things are they way he imagines them to be. Problem is that isn't how they are in reality.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:09 pm

I think Bush has set a record for saying stupid/crazy things as a President that will stand for a long, long time.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby apexhunter » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:27 pm

Kind of like the statement "that depends upon what the definition of "Is" is"? At least he hasn't perjured himself in front of congress.

Every person in the public's eye, regardles of their occupation or position, finds themselves constantly under scrutiny, and has made silly (yes, stupid) statements from time to time. The higher up one is on the ladder of success and prominence the more loudly their critics proclaim the mistakes. However there are fundamental differences between a downright lie, not knowing what one is talking about and trying to cover the fact up with rhetoric and BS and simply mis-speaking and not realizing the mistake.
"Shoot low boys...they're riding shetland ponies in search of true grit" Lewis Grizzard
apexhunter
hunter

Postby Tom Phillips* » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:36 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:You got to admit Obama saying I've been to 57 states and I think I have one more is really dumb. He didn't realize he had mispoke.

That one is more worrisome than just a simple mistake. There is a lot of concern that B. Hussein Obama has a hidden agenda, and actually hates the country he may become president of.

57 States?

Well, if just so happens that there are 57 states.

They are the 57 states in the Organization of Islamic states. Here is a sample discussion:

http://www.stoptheaclu.com/archives/200 ... ic-states/
Júdica me, Deus.
Tom Phillips*
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:44 pm

I absolutely do not believe there is any relevance at all to that. I think it's a thousand times more likely that he had put Heinz 57 ketchup on his french fries at lunch and that is where the 57 came from and he knew he had 1 state left to visit.

He is an extremely stereotypical pseudo-intellectual Harvard-educated liberal that was raised in Haiwii by a UC-Berkeley educated VP of a bank, attended elite private school, had a hippie-dippie mother, and no father figure.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:53 pm

WHOOOOO that is boogeyman stuff Tom. :eek:
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum