Beating the Bushes

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Do you still think Palin is qualified to be Prez?

Do you think she's qualified?
68%
do you think she's an embarassment?
32%

Total votes : 38

Beating the Bushes

Postby dudejcb » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:18 pm

This wasn't meant as a pun, but more in connection with what the phrase ususally means.

having watched some of Katy Couric's interview with Palin... where Palin talks about Putin raising his (ugly) head and flying in our air space, and how international Alaska is what with Canada on one side, and the former Soviet Union just across the Bering Sea...

one wonders what much of the rest of the world must think of American politics. especially after 8 years of Bush/Cheney, and now Palin/McCain!

What came to my mind was that they must think we Americans truly "beat the bushes" to find the grandest of all the village idiots to run for political office. She's a gem...NOT!

And McCain appears to be losing his marbles. tonight's "debate" ought to be pretty entertaining. especially if McCain doesn't show.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:05 pm

so far this thread has had 8 views and no votes or replies. I'll take that to mean, those who have already viewed it are too embarassed to admit they've changed their minds, or on on the fence, and now realize ... she's not all that.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:29 pm

no. you are leaning pretty far out in left-land, and i think alot of people are turned off by that. i voted and i like her now more than ever. im starting to like mccain a little more too. so is the rest of america.

i think the debates should be good tonight. both candidates will do well im sure, just different answers. hopefully they can keep it respectful so we can all make up our own minds about them.

why you gotta bash her? do you really think that dealing with canada and russia is trivial? :huh: its not like she's dealing with 15 countries every day to secure world peace....but why would she? does the governor of idaho routinely take off to foreign countries seeking world peace? i know the governor of PA sure doesnt. c'mon. your stooping pretty far to find something to complain about with her.

what do you want from her? she sits in these interviews while some dikweed like kouric beats her over the head with gotcha questions and tries her very best to make sarah look as bad as she can... you watch it and without a thought, bash her for her responses. thats exactly what kouric's goal was. its not to discuss issues, it was to throw slop in the trough for the left. same as the others... :no:
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby Redline29 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:53 pm

dudejcb wrote:so far this thread has had 8 views and no votes or replies. I'll take that to mean, those who have already viewed it are too embarassed to admit they've changed their minds, or on on the fence, and now realize ... she's not all that.

I took it as...nobody really cares what you have to say anymore.

You could post up "BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA" and it would still say the same thing. There, you got a reaction out of two people, hope you are proud of yourself.
20 Jan 2009...the beginning of an error.
Redline29
hunter

Postby Brydog » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:52 pm

Welcome back dude ! :thumbsup:
You we're simply singled out for speaking out against the Right Wingnuts. Been there,,, done that.
These guys will say anything to defend their "Party" ,,, no matter how stupid it makes them sound.
They're desperate, and they know it.
40 more days and they'll know it for sure ! :rofl:
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby pennsyltucky » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:50 am

Brydog wrote: These guys will say anything to defend their "Party" ,,, no matter how stupid it makes them sound.

this is called "projection" in the mental field :smile:
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby Brydog » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:54 am

Call it what you want.
Like the saying goes,,, if you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig ! :tongue:
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby pennsyltucky » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:56 am

Brydog wrote:Call it what you want.
Like the saying goes,,, if you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig ! :tongue:

and i sure love bacon :smile:
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby Brydog » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:02 am

What a co-inkydink. I'm fry'n up some Sugardale Bacon right now. :drool: :drool: :drool:
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby pennsyltucky » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:52 am

at the walmart in hermitage pa i found the best ever. i really like the cheap "jamestown" brand bacon, but this is even better. its "ends and pieces". it comes in a 5lb red box. i cant remember the name now, but its by far the best tasting bacon ive ever had.... and ive had it all, even home made from the amish. this stuff is great Image
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby Brydog » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:20 pm

Wallyworld also sells "Wright" brand bacon that is real tasty.
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby QUACK3XS » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:11 pm

I'm buying ammo now ...................just in case BARRY pulls it out. We'll be fighting <edited by Q3xs> here if he wins :thumbsdown: .
Last edited by QUACK3XS on Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
U.S. NAVY SEABEE VETERAN
QUACK3XS
hunter

Postby rman114 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:49 pm

Nice post dude :thumbsup:

The prospect of Palin being President scares me!! She seems like a nice person and all but is far from qualified.

lol Quack you need to relax a little :rolleyes:
ragheads...very nice...
rman114
hunter

Postby QUACK3XS » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:06 pm

Thanks... I fought them......so forgive me if I'm not PC. I will edit my own post seeing it offends you :thumbsup: :rolleyes:
U.S. NAVY SEABEE VETERAN
QUACK3XS
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:22 pm

rman114 wrote:She seems like a nice person and all but is far from qualified.

far from qualified? would you like to be specific about the qualifications for the seat of president? i get the feeling that you form this opinion from the media you subscribe to, and not from any factual basis.

if, hypothetically, she is not qualified, then neither is the democratic candidate. you just cant have it both ways. she has executive experience he does not. he has never been the leader of anything. he may be a nice fellow, and he certainly has a knack for speeches and gaining the confidence of the audience, but i cant see where his "experience" is :huh: seriously, im not tryin to bash him. how can sarah be unqualified while barry is ready to go? that doesnt make a lick of sense, unless being a woman somehow lessens those qualifications. and more importantly, he IS running for president, sarah is not.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby Dolsmi » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:56 pm

Brydog wrote: These guys will say anything to defend their "Party" ,,, no matter how stupid it makes them sound.
:rofl:

Wow... Was this an ironic slip?
Or was this just "the pot calling the kettle black?
Dolsmi
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:04 am

[quote="rman114

The prospect of Palin being President scares me!! She seems like a nice person and all but is far from qualified.[/quote]

Unlike the number 1 on the other ticket, Obama, who is supremely qualified. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:22 am

what "qualifies" a candidate for me, besides being at least 35 and being born in the USA (or a USA territory if you're McSame) has to do with their ability to think cogently... and on their feet. Be up to date, understand issues and nuances (even if they govern a decision, just being aware is good, being unaware is bad!)

So Quax... you fought some arabs? Thanks. Not that the German soldiers in WW2 are the same, but for thepurpose of this discussion one wonders... did the GI's hate all "krouts" or only those who were sick in the head and ran the camps, did the genocide, experimented on live human beings, and were dyed in the wool word domination type fascists?

Point being: are there any arabic people who don't deserve being slurred in your opinion? Or do we lump them all together the way the idiot idealogues lump all Americans together?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:24 am

BTW: Have you guys seen the pictures of the largest rally ever held in Alaska? I'll see if I can paste the pics. 1400 anti-Palin Alaskans is a lot bigger than the puny crowd that showed up to support her.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:30 am

dudejcb wrote:what "qualifies" a candidate for me, besides being at least 35 and being born in the USA (or a USA territory if you're McSame)
Or a fake USA birth certificate if your Obama :umm:

It's USA citizen at birth, not born in the USA that matters.

dudejcb wrote:has to do with their ability to think cogently... and on their feet. Be up to date, understand issues and nuances (even if they govern a decision, just being aware is good, being unaware is bad!)
I generally agree, but I don't believe Obama has any of these qualities. Nobody doubts the top of the Republican ticket is qualified. There is reason to seriously doubt the top of the Democrat ticket. So isn't the safe thing to do is vote for the one your sure of and not gamble on the risky choice of an inexperienced Freshman Senator.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:37 am

McCain brags about graduating at number 5 FROM THE BOTTOM of his class. GENIUS!

Obama... hmmm. Editor of Harvard Law Review. etc..

I've had enough of people in office who don't value the law or the consititution (Bush & Cheney and their minions, Scooter, Addington. Woo, Rummy, et.al.)

I'll stick with brains and less "dark side" thinking this time around.

here's a link to the story on the Largest rally ever held in Alaska by Alaskans against Palin...
http://mudflats.wordpress.com/2008/09/1 ... y-is-huge/
dudejcb
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:04 pm

Yeah, they really didn't value the law unlike their predicessor and presidential hopefuls. I know the Clinton's are the past, but I guarantee you will be supporting her just as vigorously as Obama.

Obama even says in his book that basically the Constitution has no meaning other than what 5 Supreme Court Justices believe that it means today. Now if they are conservatives on the court, it's stari decisis. Most of your complaints about Bush was that he thought the same rules that had applied to past President's in past conflicts applied to him. He didn't know the rules are whatever the progressives say the rules are today. Since he "stole" Florida, no matter what he did it was illegal and unconstitutional.

I don't know why I continue debating. You can't follow an argument. I never said McCain was a genius. Steven Hawking for President :rolleyes:

So you are saying that every editor of the Harvard Law Review is instantly qualified to be President?

It's the etc. in your quote that has nothing in it that qualifies him to be President. Do you really think what Obama and McCain did when they were in college is the main determining factor on their relative qualifications for President? Yet, that apparently is the best you got. I think you are just conceding that Obama hasn't done anything of substance since college and is embarrassingly unqualified to be President.

How about we compare the last 10 years? Isn't that just a bit more relevant?
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:24 pm

We can compare whatever you want. I didn't (and still don't) want to write a thesis as this is a chat room, not a court room. WE dither and discuss.

The laws I was referring to were the one's about how laws are made in the executive branch (yeah, I didn't they could make laws either, but in effect they can.) and the treaties we have signed that carry the weight of law (think Geneva) and othr consitutional things like habeas corpus. The stretching of extraordinary rendition to go after those who have not been yet been charged. I could go on but what's the point. Conservative wannabes don't seem to care so long as we convince ourselves they are all bad guys, then we can do whatever we want... go over to the dark side (Cheney). (However, the point is that once we decide it's okay to go outside the bounds then we have a hard time getting other to not do it also... with our guys! and those tactics don't work!)

Yup, I suppose that the Supremes do have the final say on lots of stuff and can rule or overrule whatever they like and there's no whee you can go. Also, while it's true that all laws are laws... In my opinion some laws are more sacrosanct than others. I'm not supposed to speed, but occassionally do. I'm not supposed to murder and never have. I think th esecond law is more important than the first (although I'm sure anyone can come up with some example of "what about a vehicular speeding murder" just to argue the point).

As far as not being able to follow an argument... you asked what I thought his credential were. To me the biggest credential is smart and being able to think and make resaoned choices... not gamble and make knee-jerk reactions. On that score Obama is far more qualified than McCain or Palin.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:37 pm

dudejcb wrote:As far as not being able to follow an argument... you asked what I thought his credential were. To me the biggest credential is smart and being able to think and make resaoned choices... not gamble and make knee-jerk reactions. On that score Obama is far more qualified than McCain or Palin.
Where has he ever demonstrated that. He talks and talks and talks, but what has he implemented? What has he gotten done? He has never stayed in a job long enough to have proven a damn thing one way or the other. He's simple raced to the top and his major accomplishments are getting more for Obama. More money and bigger offices. Now he wants that top job based on the fact that he deserves it because he won a bunch of practically uncontested elections and beat a woman that about half the country hates. He may win because the country is in an anti-incumbent mood like none of which we have been in since the end of the Carter administration. I think we are going to get another Carter because he was elected because the country was in an anti-Nixon mood.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby DUCKCUTR » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:46 pm

dudejcb wrote:The laws I was referring to were the one's about how laws are made in the executive branch (yeah, I didn't they could make laws either, but in effect they can.) and the treaties we have signed that carry the weight of law (think Geneva) and othr consitutional things like habeas corpus. The stretching of extraordinary rendition to go after those who have not been yet been charged.
Yup, I suppose that the Supremes do have the final say on lots of stuff and can rule or overrule whatever they like and there's no whee you can go. Also, while it's true that all laws are laws... In my opinion some laws are more sacrosanct than others. I'm not supposed to speed, but occassionally do. I'm not supposed to murder and never have. I think th esecond law is more important than the first (although I'm sure anyone can come up with some example of "what about a vehicular speeding murder" just to argue the point).

So is Obama familiar with our laws and follow them?
DUCKCUTR
hunter

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum