Beating the Bushes

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Do you still think Palin is qualified to be Prez?

Do you think she's qualified?
68%
do you think she's an embarassment?
32%

Total votes : 38

Postby dudejcb » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:57 pm

Spinner first: i suppose you could say he chose a low paying community organizing activity over a high paying wall street or corporate attorney type job. Yup, choosing service over self interest is an evil thing to do.

Duckcutr: I imagine he is familiar with our laws (he is an attorney by training) and follows them... But I suppose like many, there may have been times when he did stray past the letter of the law.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:41 pm

dudejcb wrote:Spinner first: i suppose you could say he chose a low paying community organizing activity over a high paying wall street or corporate attorney type job. Yup, choosing service over self interest is an evil thing to do.
Yet he ended up a multimillionaire running for President at 47 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Is that your definition of sacrificing for the good of the community over self interest? I guess he just killed two birds with one stone.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:00 pm

How many years would he or anyone need to stay in a low paying position in order to meet your criteria? Do only unsuccessful people who have done public service work count? Lots of former Peace Corps workers have parlayed their service into nice paying jobs... no experience cheaters right?

Since you raise the notion of how money discounts qualifications or record... what does that say about McCain and his service?

The son of an Admiral, who was also the son of an Admiral, and then he only makes it to navy pilot... is that a captain? Ditches his sickly wife for a rich hottie (at least I assume she must have been hot in her younger days), and now doesn't know how many homes or cars he has. Now that's some character to emulate (till death doesn't quite do us part) and much more of a qualification for president than anyone else, right?

But wait, there's more. McCain was one of the founding Keating Five! Remember the first big bailout for Savings and Loans... Neal Bush was there too. They do go back a ways.This was before he becamea reformer I'm sure. Or was it? John helped get rid of Savings and Loan regulations that were hindering commerce so they could make big bucks, feed campaign money back to their "legislative deregulating friends" and then stick the taxpayers with the tag. Sound familiar?

And now McSame thinks the medical industry is plagued by over-regulation and he has some ideas on how to unfetter those nice medical insurance companies so they can get busy with helping those in need... Themselves!

McCain has experience all right.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:15 pm

dudejcb wrote:But wait, there's more. McCain was one of the founding Keating Five!
You just buy the Democrat talking points lock stock and barrel every time. Even though they lie to you over and over again.

Do you know who Robert Bennet is? Well his is one of the Democrat lawyers that defended Bill Clinton. He was also the special investigator during this scandal.

Here is what Robert Bennet had to say about McCain
"I found nothing in my investigation which caused me to question Senator McCain's integrity,"
http://www.nj.com/forums/union/index.ssf?artid=63594

They needed a Republican in this scandal and McCain had a relationship with Keating, so he was kept in the investigation even after the investigator asked for him to be dropped. This was a purely political decision by the Democrats to cover their assess by smearing a Republican.

But I'm sure you know more than the Democrat special investigator does :rolleyes:

Another Democrat lie that even another partisan Democrat cannot stomach, but I'm sure you'll repeat it in the future.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:27 pm

Oh, so your saying it's not fair to tar McCain by association, and it was all just an unfounded witch hunt. Okay.

So what's up with tarring Obama for having had some type of trivial association with bad folk. You know what I'm talking about right? The guys you were throwing out to demonstrate how bad and corrupt Obama is.

Can you say, double standard?

BTW: They didn't need a Republican to tar so they picked on McCain. They already had Alan Cranston and John Glen so theri bases were covered. Poor john, just happened to be inthe wrong scandal at the wrong time.. an innocent bystander.

What about the other points... or don't you want to go into them?

My point here is, if you want to sling mud, expect to get dirty yourself. If you don't want to, then don't. We can just talk about what today's issues are instead. But you can't play it both ways.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:24 pm

dudejcb wrote:BTW: They didn't need a Republican to tar so they picked on McCain. They already had Alan Cranston and John Glen so theri bases were covered.
No wonder it is so difficult to debate you. Alan Cranston and John Glen were democrats.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:34 pm

Oops. My bad. I knew Cranston was a D, but got confused with Glen.

I don't think that little lapse is why you find me difficult to debate. I think it's more becasue I have almost as much energy as you do, and don't take a back seat to anyone when it comes to thinking for myself and my spartan use of emoticons. they are after all, (emoticons that is) a way GAY crutch for those who don't want to write actual thoughts.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:37 pm

:biggrin: :smile: :rofl: :thumbsup: :hammer: :eek:
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby dudejcb » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:48 pm

besides all the little gay emoticons... your point was?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby tripleCBoykins » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:51 pm

Uh, Mmm, Uh, Uh, I'll take Uh, 60 cents of every dollar, Uh, MMM,you make Brydog and Uh, thank you for your UHHHHHHHH, MMMM Vote!
Hunt with Boykins
tripleCBoykins
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:36 pm

dudejcb wrote:besides all the little gay emoticons... your point was?

your too dam serious.... lighten up :biggrin: and use a gay emoticon from time to time, it keeps people from taking you so seriously :thumbsup: this is a duck hunting forum for christ sake... we arent exactly shaping policy here :rofl:
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby dudejcb » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:02 am

for you...
:help: :yes: :smile: :thumbsup: :lol: :oops2:
I feel better already.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:07 pm

Brydog wrote:Welcome back dude ! :thumbsup:
You we're simply singled out for speaking out against the Right Wingnuts. Been there,,, done that.
These guys will say anything to defend their "Party" ,,, no matter how stupid it makes them sound.
They're desperate, and they know it.
40 more days and they'll know it for sure ! :rofl:

Sound like someone familiar? You're just an irrational; can't keep control of yourself in an otherwise civil debate, and all of your posts are full of the Ad Homonym logical fallacy. I bet you'll prove my point once again after you read this.
UmatillaJeff wrote:This load would drop ducks and geese like thors hammer in my hands, I would bet the equity in my house on it.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby shoveler_shooter » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:13 pm

and don't take a back seat to anyone when it comes to thinking for myself

Hilarious...
UmatillaJeff wrote:This load would drop ducks and geese like thors hammer in my hands, I would bet the equity in my house on it.
shoveler_shooter
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:05 am

shoveler_shooter wrote:
and don't take a back seat to anyone when it comes to thinking for myself

Hilarious...

You find tht funny?... and I thought I was easily amused.

you still feelin' good about Sarah? About John? Please, amuse me.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:45 pm

dudejcb wrote:you still feelin' good about Sarah? About John? Please, amuse me.

:huh: why wouldnt i be? because some far left media loser asked some stupid questions? you need to wait till after tomorrow night to make assumptions about her.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby dudejcb » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:56 am

"Far left media loser?" drink some more coolaid.

The questions she has been asked in her non-right wing media events could be responded to by a junior high student who'd taken civics.

Ah let's see; ?what Supreme Court decison, besides Roe v Wade, do you disagree with?" She couldn't come up with anything. It's been a long time since I was in Jr. High but I can remember Dredd Scott! How about the Scope's Monkey Trial where the Supremes overturned Arkansas law that had banished the teaching of evolution. Perhaps she may have had a philosphical differnece with Miranda.

Face it. She's not packin' it upstairs any more than, as she says herself, "Joe sixpack." Beauty!
dudejcb
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:54 am

Yeah, but she knows who the President was during the 1929 stock market crash.

She knows that standing there and watching a baby die is unequivocally wrong.

This goes back to my point about memorizing trivia and understanding concepts. Elitist snobs like to show their brilliance by reciting trivia as opposed to rolling up their sleeves and solving problems. This is how you get a Harvard graduate running for President that accomplished nothing along the way. It's because the priorities are completely different between the left and the right.

The right wants to get the job done and the left want to show how smart they are which paralyzes them in uncharted waters because they don't want to be wrong. Palin accomplished more in her first term as Governor than Obama did in his entire political career. Shame she is not a lawyer that can recite Supreme Court cases chapter an verse.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:35 am

why would an alaskan governor follow the supreme court rulings? and why would an alaskan governor go flying to foreign countries working for world peace? why would she care what the bush doctrine is, if there was one? theres just no reason for her to know or do these things. does the governor of any other state go to iran to talk with crazy leaders? no. the governor of PA doesnt do any of these things, why should any other?

its aggitating how she is asked all these questions and then picked on for not knowing something she had no reason to know in the first place. none of that crap has anything to do with being governor OR vice pres... :no: immature antics
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby jaemersonke » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:20 pm

I would just like to point out that not all Idahoans share dudejcb's opinion. Must be another California transplant.
jaemersonke
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:08 am

its a red state i believe, so we figured :thumbsup:
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Controversial Issues Forum