Just a reminder, the debate is on right now

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Just a reminder, the debate is on right now

Postby semo88 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:06 pm

Just wanted to remind everybody in case you forgot. The debate is on tv right now.
semo88
hunter

Postby Redline29 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:40 pm

As I see it right now...while this is going on...Obama is getting rattled. Obama is doing his thing...saying a lot of words and saying nothing at the same time.
20 Jan 2009...the beginning of an error.
Redline29
hunter

Postby semo88 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:05 pm

Seems like a pretty uneventful debate to me. Neither has really wowed me with anything they've said.
semo88
hunter

Postby don taylor » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:26 pm

I think that Obama is getting more and more angry as the minutes pass. McCain is doing a great job and has had several great shots and one liners go over well. He's obviously in command. Now I just watched McCain talk right over him and shut him up. This is GREAT!
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby pennsyltucky » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:32 pm

watch the body language.... mccain actually shows his disdain for obama... and obama is grasping by talking directly "at" mccain instead of the moderator.

obama sounds like a smart man. he says beautiful things. if he wasnt so far left that he had to be careful how he words things, he may be a good president.... but not with a democrat congress giving him the blank check... :no: he is just too fiscally and socially liberal to be our president...

and he is still using his flash-speech instead of giving actual examples or something more specific. not that this is his fault, he doesnt have alot of "experience" to draw from. mccain has done it all and probably more than once, so when he is asked a question, he has specific examples of his own experience.

its like life experience... when you are a teenager and lookin to move out, you have alot of ideas and not alot of experience to work with, so many of your ideas are pretty wild and vague... when you turn 50, you have done it all, and made all the mistakes associated with chasing the dreams. you have a wealth of experience to draw from and make better and more specific decisions.
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby semo88 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:37 pm

I still haven't seen much from either guy that has made me say "yeah, he's the better choice." This has actually been pretty tame compared to some debates I've watched. Maybe he's just naturally soft spoken, but McCain almost seems like he's afraid to speak up. I'm sure he's not, just seems that way.

I think it's funny when they show the split-screen view of the two candidates, whoever isn’t talking is standing there with this really pissed off smile on their face.
semo88
hunter

Postby Redline29 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:40 pm

Obama is all over the place...I don't even know what the hell he is talking about. He lost this round.
20 Jan 2009...the beginning of an error.
Redline29
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:42 pm

mccain isnt a yeller.... he's done this for more years than my father has been alive :rofl: well, almost

also, he is too old to be loud :biggrin:

barak needed to make the case that mccain is actually an extension of the bush program.... he didnt get it done, and actually i think mccain may have put even more distance from between himself and bush.

ha and as i type.... this is the same thing they are talkin about on fox....i should send a resume :biggrin:
Last edited by pennsyltucky on Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby semo88 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:47 pm

I was glad to see Jim Lehrer not trying to get things to stirred up nearly as much as a lot of these moderators do.
semo88
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:49 pm

semo88 wrote:I was glad to see Jim Lehrer not trying to get things to stirred up nearly as much as a lot of these moderators do.

:help:
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby semo88 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:54 pm

???

I didn't like the fact that he kept telling them to “talk to each other” “respond to him, not me”, but in the majority of interviews/debates that I’ve watched, the moderator will almost get into an argument with the candidates and practically get involved in the debate.
semo88
hunter

Postby brownlou » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:55 pm

Now the analysis begins....each side will declare their guy a winner.

The thing that got to me was that John Mccain looked like he was losing his temper over the Kissinger thing. I goggled it to see what I could find.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... fer=africa
brownlou
hunter

Postby semo88 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:56 pm

brownlou wrote:Now the analysis begins....each side will declare their guy a winner.

Exxxxactly.
semo88
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:04 pm

Watching the recorded debate now. Obama seems to be struggling when it comes to speaking on the fly and not being able to use pre-written catch phrases.
devildog28
hunter

Postby Brydog » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:30 pm

McSame = King Shrubbie #3... Talks the same, walks the same, spews the same.
Sounds like the same ole' same ole' to me.

A vote for these two will get you the same thing you've been getting. Bend over,,, spread your cheeks, and willingly accept more of what you've been getting. Then stand up straight and thank them for the screwing they gave you.

Do you really want another George "Dolt" Bush ?!?!?
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby brownlou » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:43 pm

That Henry Kissinger seems like a stand up guy.
It was right of him to make a press release clarifying his statement.
Even if it did make his friend of 30 something years look bad and Obama look good.
Good for Kissinger!!
brownlou
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:43 am

Brydog wrote: Do you really want another George "Dolt" Bush ?!?!?
this makes it a choice between "bush" and karl marx.... looks like im voting republican then :rofl: no brainer

you wanna use scare tactics to describe my candidate, i can do the same with yours.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby Brydog » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:13 am

:huh: Scare tactics? :huh: :huh: :huh:

How does Calling Bush a Dolt become a scare tactic ?
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby stumpjumper » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:03 am

Brydog,

I don`t care how many times you or noboma say it, but McCain is not George Bush. He is actualy like no other politician we have ever had.
No matter what is at stake.....always Country First! That`s what we need

STUMP
'Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen..'
stumpjumper
Forum & State Moderator

Postby brownlou » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:07 am

I am still shocked Kissinger made that press release splitting hairs.....it just proves that both teams will do anything to win........lol!!!

Both teams declare victory but neither guy made any real blatant errors.

I have never seen Obama debate before except the clips they show on the news. He is a tougher guy then Kerry. I liked how often he said "middle class" I don't recall Mccain saying "middle class" much. But neither one made me think "he's the guy".

I don't think the undecided decided based on last night.
We will have to see.
brownlou
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:57 am

it was nice to see a debate without a yelling match. i cant wait for next week :smile:
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby MM » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:17 pm

pennsyltucky wrote:it was nice to see a debate without a yelling match. i cant wait for next week :smile:

:dito:
Like us on facebook! Reelfishingchat.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/ReelFishi ... 6234462878
MM
Super Moderator

Postby rman114 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:43 pm

Obama people will think he won...McCain people will think he won. I won't bother in debating who won...BUT i found this on a blog and it cracked me up.

Go to the below link and when the video starts to play go to about 4 minutes and 27 seconds.
While Obama is talking it sounds like McCain says "horse sh*t" under his breath LOL :lol3:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp ... 9#26909711
rman114
hunter

Postby MM » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:04 pm

rman114 wrote:Obama people will think he won...McCain people will think he won. I won't bother in debating who won...BUT i found this on a blog and it cracked me up.

Go to the below link and when the video starts to play go to about 4 minutes and 27 seconds.
While Obama is talking it sounds like McCain says "horse sh*t" under his breath LOL :lol3:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp ... 9#26909711

:rofl: Go get them Maverick! :thumbsup:
Like us on facebook! Reelfishingchat.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/ReelFishi ... 6234462878
MM
Super Moderator

Postby DUCKCUTR » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:22 pm

brownlou wrote:That Henry Kissinger seems like a stand up guy.
It was right of him to make a press release clarifying his statement.
Even if it did make his friend of 30 something years look bad and Obama look good.
Good for Kissinger!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FAIL

After the McCain-Obama debate, however, Kissinger issued a statement saying he doesn't favor a presidential meeting: "Senator McCain is right. I would not recommend the next President of the United States engage in talks with Iran at the Presidential level. My views on this issue are entirely compatible with the views of my friend Senator John McCain."

http://www.gulfinthemedia.com/index.php ... 67e567a8d7

http://thegwpatriot.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... ebate.html

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008 ... _no_1.html
DUCKCUTR
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum