Bail out or not?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Bail out or not?

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:16 am

Personally, I think it is a miserable idea that is fraught with corruption and waste.

Though my life savings have taken a hit and might take a bigger hit if they let Freddy, Fanny, AIG and others go belly up, I think the market would be healthier in the long run.

Should the government prop up the companies that made all these bad investments?
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:33 pm

i think we will have to take the hit at some point. this is indicative of most everything in life. oil for instance. there is gonna be a day when it takes more energy to get it out than we get out of it. we can drill and pray and pray and drill, but eventually the fun will end... we can bail out and pray and bail out some more, but eventually, the bubble will pop... its just a matter of how big me make it before we run outta air.
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby devildog28 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:19 pm

It got defeated today thank God! The finance industry is just going to have to adjust.

Personally I look at the stock market as being on sale :thumbsup: I'm actually purchasing more stocks
devildog28
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum