How Racism works

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

How Racism works

Postby dudejcb » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:51 am

How Racism Works:

What if John McCain were a former president of the Harvard
Law Review?

What if Barack Obama finished fifth from the bottom of his
graduating class?

What if McCain were still married to the first woman he
said 'I do' to?

What if Obama were the candidate who left his first wife
after she no longer measured up to his standards?

What if Michelle Obama were a wife who not only became
addicted to pain killers, but acquired them illegally
through her charitable organization?

What if Cindy McCain graduated from Harvard?

What if Obama were a member of the Keating-5?

What if McCain were a charismatic, eloquent speaker?

If these questions reflected reality, do you really believe
the election numbers would be as close as they are?
This is what racism does. It covers up, rationalizes and
minimizes positive qualities in one candidate and emphasizes
negative qualities in another when there is a color
difference.

You are The Boss... which team would you hire?

With America facing historic debt, 2 wars, stumbling health
care, a weakened dollar, all-time high prison population,
mortgage crises, bank foreclosures, etc.

Educational Background:

Obama:
Columbia University - B.A. Political Science with a
Specialization in International Relations.
Harvard - Juris Doctor (J.D.) Magna Cum Laude

Biden:
University of Delaware - B.A. in History and B.A. in
Political Science.
Syracuse University College of Law - Juris Doctor
(J.D.)

vs.

McCain:
United States Naval Academy - Class rank: 894 of 899

Palin:
Hawaii Pacific University - 1 semester
North Idaho College - 2 semesters - general study
University of Idaho - 2 semesters - journalism
Matanuska-Susitna College - 1 semester
University of Idaho - 3 semesters - B.A. in Journalism

Now, which team are you going to hire ?

PS: What if Barack Obama had an unwed, pregnant teenage
daughter....
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:17 am

The only reason Obama is even a candidate at all is because he is black. This is affirmative action at work. You seriously believe the President of the United States should be an affirmative action position? He is a no Jackie Robinson and he is a good 10 to 20 years away from actually being prepared for the job. Someday maybe, but definitely not today.

Your list includes nothing that separates him from the pack.

He is a Freshman Senator. Wow that's presidential material.

He has no major accomplishments in the Illinois State Legislator or his very short tenure in the U.S. Senate. Yep, definite presidential material there.

So I guess before he raced up the ladder of government with no significant accomplishment that would separate him from the pack, he must have had a very successful career with major accomplishment. Oh yeah, he was a poor community organizer that sacrificed personal wealth to raise the living standards of the destitute south side of Chicago. Oh that's right, it was a dump when he got there and it's still a dump today. Now that has got to prove his presidential worthiness :rolleyes:

He was a good student more than 20 years ago and he didn't cheat on his wife. Yeah, that's definite proof he's ready to be President. :rofl:

Dude is buying into the Obama intimidation tactics. If you don't vote for the unaccomplished Freshman Senator that happens to be a half black guy raised by his wealthy white grandparents in Hawaii, you are a racist. Unbelievable.

PS:
dudejcb wrote:What if Barack Obama had an unwed, pregnant teenage daughter....
He wouldn't. He would have had the little bastard killed without anybody knowing. Maybe they would have buried the body with Jimmy Hoffa.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:48 am

this is your usual brand of talking point tripe. the post makes good points and it may be casting some of your post in a diffeent light.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby woodie77 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:55 am

dude- you're a joke and so is obama...you have no clue about racism in reality...get a freakin clue ...everybody wants to bring race into everything in todays society...this isnt the 40's and 50's...so let it go...the ones that racism affects today are those to ignorant to understand that the only reason it still exists is because they want to distance themselves from everybody else like we owe them something...i didnt beat anybody with a whip and didnt own any slaves...so i dont owe any of them a thing...they have just as many opportunities to live a fruitful life as everybody else does...too bad they want to separate themselves by slinging rock... :lol: get off the racism card

P.S.
did i sound racist enough for you?
Ready to get wet and chase feathers
woodie77
hunter

Postby ctbduck » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:01 am

I thought it was a good post dudejcb, spinnermans response is yet another example of republicans talking jibberish because they cant come up with a response. You watched the debate didnt you? mccain did it all night. Saying obama is where he is today because he is black is very untrue. There have been black presidential canidates before and none of them have even been close to what obama is.
P.S. what if obama was against teaching sex-ed in schools and against contraceptives, but then got a girl pregnent before he was married and than had a daughter who did the same thing? Oh wait that was sarah palin. Quite the hypocrite I'd say.
ctbduck
hunter

Postby ctbduck » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:04 am

Woodie you could have just said where you were from and we could of figured out you were most likely a racist, say hi to bush down there.
ctbduck
hunter

Postby woodie77 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:06 am

wow ct...you know us people down here all too well dont you...i on the other hand am not racist...i hate all dumbass's equally...
Ready to get wet and chase feathers
woodie77
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:40 am

ctbduck wrote:obama is where he is today because he is black is very untrue.
Do you honestly believe Obama would have defeated Hillary if he was not black? You split the black vote 50/50 between him and Hillary and Obama isn't the nominee. Obviously, it is because he is black because their policies are not that different.

Now we are supposed to believe in a country that votes 50/50 Dem/Rep, if Obama doesn't win 100% of the votes it's a racist nation because he is so much more "qualified" than McCain.

It's not like McCain is Freshman Senator with no past or present accomplishments of note.

McCain's entire life is presidential material. He has a father and grandfather that recieved 4 stars, graduated from the Naval Academy, was a naval aviator, was shot down, a POW, tortured for his country, an unequivacle war Hero, served as an officer after suffering in a POW camp for years, elected to the House of Representatives, elected U.S. Senator before Obama could legally drink a beer, and has passed many major pieces of legislation.

But it's racist if you don't to vote against this guy with an incredible background and for the candidate of fluff.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby msmall » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:58 am

Gee has Obama written any piece of legislation as a senator?? But he's had time to write what, 2 books about his life??? Maybe after his run for president he will have time to write his 3 one, about racist america and how he was cheated out of the white house.... Maybe he can find time to fix the Chicago school system .... ranked worst in the state, I think.... Or maybe he can ask Fannie Mae for another 15 K in donations ....... Why is when white people vote for a white man instead of a black man he's a racist, but a black man can vote for a black man instead of a white man and he's not ... I choose not to vote for Obama simply because he likes to talk about "change", doesnt say how we are gonna pay for it. Plus there are 2 kinds of change, for the better and for the worse, I got a feeling with him, his change is gonna be for the worse. Everyone needs to vote with their consience, but if you dont vote, then you dont have the right to bitch about it!!!!!!
msmall
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:43 am

...i hate all dumbass's equally...

I agree, the only way to get rid of racism is for people to quite acting like they are special based on race. Organizations like the NAACP do more to keep equality from happening than they do to promote it.

Also, I don't know how you compare a Patriot of this Country to an inexperienced senator based off of their College Scores. You have a lifetime of achievements with McCain vs Obama, who is very inexperienced.

I hate this voting for the lesser of two evils crap, as I'm not 100% happy with either candidate, but unfortunately that is what American politics has turned into. McCain at least knows the ropes around Washington and occasionally I sense sincerity in something he says, to me Obama is full of it.

Race has nothing to do with my vote, I'm going to vote against obama for the same reasons I voted against Kerry and Gore. I don't want that kind of change.

As for Sarah Palin, if she's against contraceptives and ended up pregnant and the daughter the same, that doesn't sound like a hypocrite at all, sounds like she is true to form to me.
:rofl: Thats a joke by the way.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby jehler » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:42 am

woodie77 wrote:dude- you're a joke and so is obama...

Neither is a joke. Thinking obama is a joke is dangerous and thinking dude is a joke...well that’s just silly...deluded maybe, but with style :thumbsup:
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby pennsyltucky » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:07 pm

thinking that your opposition is somehow less intelligent or competent than you will cause you to lose every time. thats how liberalism has made it as far as it has. we allow them a space in the room because we dont think they are able to do any damage.... let obama/biden (tax hike/gun ban) in office to appoint judges for 4 years and see just what these "ignorant idiots" are capable of
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby don taylor » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:15 pm

Lots of people won't vote for him because he's black. Most of us white men believe we have given just about every last drop we could to help the black race. Welfare, housing, college edcations, but this is where I draw the line. Sorry. I'm not going to feel guilty about this one because Barack being black has nothing to do with why I hate him. You wish it was racism, that you could simply explain. We dislike him for 1,245,658 other reasons and skik color isn't one of them.

- hate mongering don.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:18 pm

well that turned my vote.
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby Redline29 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:45 pm

ctbduck wrote:Woodie you could have just said where you were from and we could of figured out you were most likely a racist, say hi to bush down there.

Anybody else see the hypocrisy in that statement?

Obama is the ONLY one that keeps throwing his race into the mix. Not McCain not the republicans...so everything you posted Dude is null and void in the logical department.
20 Jan 2009...the beginning of an error.
Redline29
hunter

Postby PL_duckhunter12 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:49 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
He has a father and grandfather that recieved 4 stars

how does that make HIM a good pres. candidate?

SpinnerMan wrote:graduated from the Naval Academy

894 out of 899

[qoute="SpinnerMan"]was a naval aviator, was shot down, a POW, tortured for his country, an unequivacle war Hero, served as an officer after suffering in a POW camp for years[/quote]

so every naval aviator and POW would make a good president?

being a soldier doesn't qualify you to be president

i personally don't like how mccain takes every opportunity to mention his POW status, WE ALREADY KNOW

now don't spin this to make it seem like i hate soldiers, because im extremely grateful for everything they have done for me and my country
let 'em go, let 'em grow
PL_duckhunter12
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:12 pm

My point is he has a full life. No single thing qualifies him. From the time he was born to today, he had a unique life that separated him from the crowd that would add to his qualifications to be President. It is the totality of his life that makes him one of the few people in America that is highly qualified to be President.

Obama is about 10 to 20 years shy of having sufficient background to be qualified.

Bill Clinton was qualified to be President. Hillary is not.

John Kerry is qualified to be President.

John Edwards is not.

Sarah Palin is marginally qualified. I rate a Freshman Governor quite a bit higher than a Freshman Senator. Some see it differently. I'd like to see a couple more years as Governor, but she is running for VP, which she is more than qualified for. Obama would be qualified for VP.

George Bush was qualified to be President. His father was very qualified to be President. Much like John McCain is.

SpinnerMan wrote:McCain's entire life is presidential material.
I meant the whole package. Not the individual pieces. There is no single thing that qualifies anyone to be President.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby ksduckslayer » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:37 pm

Do u guys realize how many simpathy votes Balack Oblacka is going to get because he is black. Every freeking black person in the nation who votes will vote for Obama.

McCain may not be the smartest guy, but he knows what is going on.

Barack on the other hand......like two years in the senate? he says hes going to change stuff....*** is he going to change and how is he going to do it? Tax the whites and give to the blacks......***
Cant wait for it to get cold.....
ksduckslayer
hunter

Postby PL_duckhunter12 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:41 pm

IMO Palin is nowhere near qualified for any executive position, let alone VP w/ real possibilities of being pres. in the near future

i don't mean to use the campaign slogan, but we really do need change, something new other than basically the same policies of the last 8 years, will obama be a good pres., who knows, same goes for mccain.
let 'em go, let 'em grow
PL_duckhunter12
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:49 pm

PL_duckhunter12 wrote:IMO Palin is nowhere near qualified for any executive position, let alone VP w/ real possibilities of being pres. in the near future
Is a Freshman Senator more qualified than a Freshman Governor?
SpinnerMan
hunter

!!!!

Postby ksduckslayer » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:50 pm

sarah palin isnt actually the presidential canidate. Balack is
Cant wait for it to get cold.....
ksduckslayer
hunter

Re: How Racism works

Postby DUCKCUTR » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:39 pm

dudejcb wrote:Educational Background:

Obama:
Columbia University - B.A. Political Science with a
Specialization in International Relations.
Harvard - Juris Doctor (J.D.) Magna Cum Laude

Biden:
University of Delaware - B.A. in History and B.A. in
Political Science.
Syracuse University College of Law - Juris Doctor
(J.D.)

vs.

McCain:
United States Naval Academy - Class rank: 894 of 899

Palin:
Hawaii Pacific University - 1 semester
North Idaho College - 2 semesters - general study
University of Idaho - 2 semesters - journalism
Matanuska-Susitna College - 1 semester
University of Idaho - 3 semesters - B.A. in Journalism

Now, which team are you going to hire ?

I keep seeing this comparison, and I keep asking myself how does this favor O'Biden other than making them look more intelligent? If you want someone smart, fine, vote away for the Dem. ticket. Both men (and Biden has admitted it) went to law school 100% for political office. Both men knew early on that they were destined for prestige and power and every step of the way has been just another step toward their ultimate goal: POTUS.
I want someone with a little more sincerity and less self-centered. McCain/Palin shows me that political office was an afterthought. They both had other ambitions before heading to political office other than being a career politician.

The other weird fact is that the vast majority of the US population either hates or doesn't trust lawyers. The Rep. ticket doesn't have one, but now its a bad thing? Give me a break.
DUCKCUTR
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:08 pm

OMG you mean I am not voting for Obama because he is black? :eek:

I thought it is because he is a "tax 'em til they drop then tax 'em for droppin", Capitalism hating, gun grabbin, terrorist apeasing, UN worshipping, America blaming, military despising, Senate vote dodgin', socialism worshipping, pro baby killing, tree huggin liberal apeasin', crooked assed Chicago Political machine peice of Marxist crap. :yes:
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:10 pm

i am honestly surprised there arent any bullet holes in him... i dont want to see something like that... i just would have bet money he would at least know the sound of bullets by now :rofl: its a bad thought, but im a realist
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby semo88 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:22 pm

pennsyltucky wrote:i am honestly surprised there arent any bullet holes in him... i dont want to see something like that... i just would have bet money he would at least know the sound of bullets by now :rofl: its a bad thought, but im a realist

Me and some buddies were talking about that today....you better vote for the best VP, because it wouldn't be surprising to see Obama get shot or Grandpa McCain die of natural causes.
semo88
hunter

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum