How Racism works

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Postby DuckinFool » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:24 pm

You coould say he "dodged a bullet". Picking Biden instead of Hillary or somebody else guarantees he does not get shot.

Nobody wants to see Biden in the top spot. :no:
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

haha

Postby ksduckslayer » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:41 pm

in that case were screwed :rofl:
Cant wait for it to get cold.....
ksduckslayer
hunter

Re: ***

Postby mattm25tx » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:36 pm

ksduckslayer wrote:Do u guys realize how many simpathy votes Balack Oblacka is going to get because he is black. Every freeking black person in the nation who votes will vote for Obama.

The ignorance also goes both ways there are the blacks that are voting for him cause he is black and alot of whites that are voting against him cause he is black. But I think there are alot of blacks that are voting for him that have never voted before and never would have voted at all if obama wasnt running
Matts Mobile Marine Service

If your not living life on the edge you are taking up too much room
mattm25tx
hunter

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:17 pm

ctbduck wrote:Woodie you could have just said where you were from and we could of figured out you were most likely a racist, say hi to bush down there.

That is one of the most pathetic things I have ever heard anyone say regardless of what party they are from. Not a very good way to represent the dems. :no:
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter

Postby wackemstackem » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:19 am

Dont you guys get tired of all this political B.S after a while.
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster

Postby GroundSwatter » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:36 am

Dont you guys get tired of all this political B.S after a while.

I just like reading it. As I know that no matter how much they insult one another and bad mouth the others views, nobody is going to change their mind.

Occasionally they agree on something, but for the most part its like asking a devout Muslim to become a Christian, it just isn't going to happen.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:57 am

I don't see the big deal with McCain being 894th in his class at the Naval Academy. I really don't. Anyone with an issue with that needs to go see what it takes to get in. There was a girl in ROTC with me in high school, had community service, 4.0 GPA, the whole 9 yards. Didn't get accepted.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby GroundSwatter » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:24 am

I don't see the big deal with McCain being 894th in his class at the Naval Academy.

I agree. In the real world once you graduate and get a Job, where you graduated and what your GPA was become less and less significant and Job Experience is more important.

I believe that this comes up more times than not, because Obama doesn't have near as much to put on his resume whereas McCain has a life time of achievements and experience to build on.

And as the previous poster said, the Naval academy doesn't let just anybody in.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:39 am

There are a lot of ways to get lower grades in college that have nothing to do with intelligence :cheers: At least that's what I heard :oops:

Besides it is what you did after school that determines what you understand and how you will be as President. This obsession by the left with "intelligence" misses the entire point. There are a bunch of pseudo-intellectual morons that have Ivy league degrees, but have never spent any time in the real word. This is why so many college professors, especially in fields that are not hard science, are complete whack jobs.

Most infamously is Obama's friend and college professor William Ayers that on 9/11/01 said in an op-ed piece that when he was a terrorist in his college days, he had not done enough. He is a college professor that believes his and his wives terrorist activities were justified, but I'll be he got good grades in school.

If what you did in your late teens and early 20's is your primary or even a significant argument for why you should be President, then you are unequivocally unqualified to be President. It's what you did in the last 10 to 20 years that matters most.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby smilin'mallard » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:57 pm

woodie77 wrote:wow ct...you know us people down here all too well dont you...i on the other hand am not racist...i hate all dumbass's equally...

:lol:
smilin'mallard
hunter

Postby jaemersonke » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:27 am

I think Woodie put it perfectly with his first post. Well done. :thumbsup:
jaemersonke
hunter

Re: How Racism works

Postby Ringneck » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:12 pm

dudejcb wrote:How Racism Works:

What if John McCain were a former president of the Harvard
Law Review?

What if Barack Obama finished fifth from the bottom of his
graduating class?

What if McCain were still married to the first woman he
said 'I do' to?

What if Obama were the candidate who left his first wife
after she no longer measured up to his standards?

What if Michelle Obama were a wife who not only became
addicted to pain killers, but acquired them illegally
through her charitable organization?

What if Cindy McCain graduated from Harvard?

What if Obama were a member of the Keating-5?

What if McCain were a charismatic, eloquent speaker?

If these questions reflected reality, do you really believe
the election numbers would be as close as they are?
This is what racism does. It covers up, rationalizes and
minimizes positive qualities in one candidate and emphasizes
negative qualities in another when there is a color
difference.

You are The Boss... which team would you hire?

With America facing historic debt, 2 wars, stumbling health
care, a weakened dollar, all-time high prison population,
mortgage crises, bank foreclosures, etc.

Educational Background:

Obama:
Columbia University - B.A. Political Science with a
Specialization in International Relations.
Harvard - Juris Doctor (J.D.) Magna Cum Laude

Biden:
University of Delaware - B.A. in History and B.A. in
Political Science.
Syracuse University College of Law - Juris Doctor
(J.D.)

vs.

McCain:
United States Naval Academy - Class rank: 894 of 899

Palin:
Hawaii Pacific University - 1 semester
North Idaho College - 2 semesters - general study
University of Idaho - 2 semesters - journalism
Matanuska-Susitna College - 1 semester
University of Idaho - 3 semesters - B.A. in Journalism

Now, which team are you going to hire ?

PS: What if Barack Obama had an unwed, pregnant teenage
daughter....

I thought the Dems said our educational system basically sucked and we needed more money to fix it so we could compete with the rest of the world. Guess it was top notch while Obama and Biden where in it then cratered in the last couple of years.
Ringneck
hunter

What is a racist?

Postby DuckDuckGoose.... » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:31 am

What if McCain belonged to an all white church that excluded others. What if that church was run by a pastor who railed on in his sermons about racism and hating other races?

What if ....Obama were a racist for not denouncing his church or pastor and the racism they spread.

What if white people voted for McCain becuase he is white? What if blacks vote for Obama because he is black. Which group would be called racist?

Don't call anyone a racist until their actions prove it. That causes racism.

I will say this. If Obama is elected because he is black, that in itself is racism. Vote for experience and vote for principle.

By the way, lets not get started on who associates with racist black terrorists.l...... :wink:
# of times able to get out hunting.. 1
Duck totals:
Mallards:
Wood Ducks:
Mergansers:
Bufflehead:
DuckDuckGoose....
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:49 am

PL_duckhunter12 wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:
He has a father and grandfather that recieved 4 stars

how does that make HIM a good pres. candidate?

SpinnerMan wrote:graduated from the Naval Academy

894 out of 899

[qoute="SpinnerMan"]was a naval aviator, was shot down, a POW, tortured for his country, an unequivacle war Hero, served as an officer after suffering in a POW camp for years

so every naval aviator and POW would make a good president?

being a soldier doesn't qualify you to be president

i personally don't like how mccain takes every opportunity to mention his POW status, WE ALREADY KNOW

now don't spin this to make it seem like i hate soldiers, because im extremely grateful for everything they have done for me and my country[/quote]

It doesn't matter where MCcain graduated at the USNA. He volunteered to served his country! Where's Obama's DD-214? I saw him explaining his lack of military experience a while back and he said that he felt there was a higher calling in the country for him. That really burned me up!

I'm going to be honest, part of the reason I won't vote for him is because he's black, and it has nothing to do with skin color. It has to do with the "government owes me something" attitude most black people have.

Another big reason is that I want a pres that's had his boots on the ground in a hostile country, so he knows how his decisions will reverberate.
devildog28
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:07 pm

Preacher1011 wrote:I don't see the big deal with McCain being 894th in his class at the Naval Academy. I really don't. Anyone with an issue with that needs to go see what it takes to get in. There was a girl in ROTC with me in high school, had community service, 4.0 GPA, the whole 9 yards. Didn't get accepted.

If you were hiring a new person for your business you would look at their education and level of excellence in any endeavor. That's why it matters when he runs for Prez.

That said, if a person has experienced failure and comes back form that to excel... that says something good about him as well.

Teh only reason Obama and McCain's eductional background came up is because several people have asked what his credential are. Part of his credentials are academic... and if we don't care about McCain's lack of academic prowess... why do we care so much about Obabma's supposed lack of qualifications.

it's a pissing match.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:08 pm

dudejcb wrote:
Preacher1011 wrote:I don't see the big deal with McCain being 894th in his class at the Naval Academy. I really don't. Anyone with an issue with that needs to go see what it takes to get in. There was a girl in ROTC with me in high school, had community service, 4.0 GPA, the whole 9 yards. Didn't get accepted.

If you were hiring a new person for your business you would look at their education and level of excellence in any endeavor. That's why it matters when he runs for Prez.

That said, if a person has experienced failure and comes back from that to excel... that says something good about him as well.

The reason Obama and McCain's eductional backgrounds came up was/is because several people have asked what his credentials are. Part of his credentials are academic... and if we don't care about McCain's lack of academic prowess... why do we care so much about Obabma's supposed lack of qualifications.

it's a pissing match.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:34 pm

dudejcb wrote:

That said, if a person has experienced failure and comes back form that to excel... that says something good about him as well.

Teh only reason Obama and McCain's eductional background came up is because several people have asked what his credential are. Part of his credentials are academic... and if we don't care about McCain's lack of academic prowess... why do we care so much about Obabma's supposed lack of qualifications.

it's a pissing match.
Obama had great prospects coming out of Harvard. He had a lot of "book smarts" when it came to the law. He did NOT go into law practice. He instead chose a career path based on "public service." That is all well and good. So does he get a gold star for his public service work. He has not made radical improvements in the lives of those he purports to serve. They are virtually the same today as they have been for his entire time in service to them. Nope. No gold star. I would say he gets a big fat F on the report card.

However, there is one person that is way better off. Obama is a multimillionaire and likely to become the next President of the United States. When a business man sells a product and becomes rich he is a greedy rotten bastard. How is this any different for Obama? Obama enriched himself in both money and power and the poor are still poor. They still have to deal with crime and all the other social ills that Obama went into public service to solve and has flat out failed to help. Somehow this failure qualifies him for President but McCains poor showing in a very competitive university 40 years ago is relevant. I can't believe this isn't some big joke.

Obama's excellent at college was the last time he has done anything excellent beyond self promotion. In that regard, he is the One. :bow:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:47 pm

being a succesful business man does not make one a bastard. A bastard is a bastard regardless of his livlihood or lack thereof.

Just because Obama hasn't changed the world yet is not a reason to disqualify his life choices. He put service over self interest and also made money. So what! Did that fact that McCain came from a high ranking Naval family (with all those connections) disqualify him? No.

McCain would probably have been an okay president at one time, but he seems to have lost something. Palin (heaven forbid anything were to happen to McCain) would be a terrible President and the fact that McCain chose such a nitwit is a big part of his downfall. That and the fact that his straight talk express has turned into something much different...
dudejcb
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:16 pm

When has Obama ever put service over self interest? Has he done it here in Illinois? I haven't seen him be anything but a politician, out for his own career. In fact this whole thread is bogus. Insuating that anyone who doesn't vote Obama is a racist. Dirty pool.

And to even have Obama's resumee compete with McCains'. One would have to direguard the last 35+ years of John McCains political career.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:26 pm

your are right. there is no such thing as racism in america or in American politics, (Jesse Helms notwithstanding) and especially no racism when you're alone in the voting booth. It's all objective thinking about whowould do the best job, right? Sarah certainly fills that bill.

Do you really want to consider McCain's 35 years? That does go back to S&L debacle, errrr, bailout and... you know.... that Keating thing. Or, alternatively we could take a negative slant on McCain's 35 years and say, he was a POW and parlayed that into 35 years on the dole, a sweet new wife who's loaded, and at least 7 houses... and God only knows how many cars.

BTW: The thread doesn't insinuate anything. it merely makes it easier to see things from another vantage point. it doesn't suggest you're a racist if you vote McCain, but look at how you view Obama's political life so negatively and McCain's life with such reverance. What's that all about? Aren't they both honorable men?

also: holding a political office is considered public service... just the same as policeman, fireman, mayor, etc.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:44 pm

dudejcb wrote:Just because Obama hasn't changed the world yet is not a reason to disqualify his life choices.
That's the reason he is not ready for prime time. He needed to spend time in the minor leagues until he had actually accomplished things. So are we going to here 4 or 8 years, he hasn't change anything yet.

Actually, I hope so because most of his "change" would have far greater negative unintended consequences then the positive value of their intentions.

dudejcb wrote:He put service over self interest and also made money. So what!
Helped no one and got rich. That's a stretch to say he put his service over his self interest. Maybe if he wasn't pursuing his self interest at the same time he claims to be serving the public, he might have actual served the public in some positive way.

dudejcb wrote:McCain would probably have been an okay president at one time, but he seems to have lost something.
The support of the mainstream media. That's it. I never liked McCain for the reason you liked him. Sadly, he hasn't changed. However, when you dare run against the Messiah, then you will be trashed.

dudejcb wrote:Palin (heaven forbid anything were to happen to McCain) would be a terrible President and the fact that McCain chose such a nitwit is a big part of his downfall.
Yet this nitwit accomplished more than the brilliant Harvard educated Obama :huh: He sounds good and she does good. I see why you are pro-Obama. She took on the status quo corrupt political machine and he joined it. Now that's change you can believe in. I read Obama's second book. I guarantee you that he is a big nitwit precisely for the reason that he thinks he knows it all and all his "friends" tell him that he does in fact know it all.

I actually got to witness my first Obama worship in person last night. I never thought I would see people in the United States worshipping a politician. We're supposed to hate them all and choose the lesser of the evils. That's the American way. This worship is terrifying.

dudejcb wrote:That and the fact that his straight talk express has turned into something much different...
Nope. The media just turned against him. Same McCain, but different storyline. He was a mixed bag and he still is.

I see your still stuck on the Keating thing. You were going to look into the Democratic special investigator for the S&L thing that said he had no doubt whatsoever that McCain did no wrong, but I guess you haven't had time for that. McCain did nothing wrong. If the Democrat investigator says so, that is about as close to complete exoneration as you will ever get. Innocent until proven guilty. Unless it's a Republican and then he's guilty even if the partisan Democrat special investigator says that he is innocent. There is no possibility for exoneration in your mind. It is 100% stuck on the liberal, I'm sorry progressive lie.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:34 pm

blame the media. that's so lame and whiny. The media doesn't care. they just want a scoop and will scoop on whoever/whatever is the easiest/sleaziest target.

What has Palin done? Oh yeah, she cut taxes cuz she had oil revenue to work with. That's called buying votes. She's abused the power of her office and has her Todd acting as a shadow governor. But wait, there's more.

She joined the old boy network, had Ted Stevens sending her earmark $$ and even hired her own lobbyist to get more without Ted's help. But as soon as the winds changed, the media got a whif of it and the nowhere bridge became a liability, she re-branded herself, and now she's all mavericky. spare me.

There are so many intelligent women in the republican ranks, why in the world did he choose her? (Poor judgement. need we say more?)

I think if you use the quotes thing right you can split these few words into ten or twelve rubuttal points. Good luck.

(Oh, and my condolences about the Cubs. I know we Americans like to root for an underdog but they are taking it way too far.)
dudejcb
hunter

Postby jrp267 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:40 pm

Here's how Obama will pay for the changes.
jrp267
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:55 pm

dudejcb wrote:What has Palin done? Oh yeah, she cut taxes cuz she had oil revenue to work with. That's called buying votes.
So she should have grown government to consume the money? She should have let the oil companies keep it? Since you apparently don't think the people should have gotten it, what should she have done with the money? My guess is this is just another Dude non sequiter. She did the right thing but I know her reasons were wrong.

What has Obama done? He's the top of the ticket, so this is far more relevant question that you have absolutely nothing to offer that isn't 20 years old. He ran a good campaign. I've heard Hitler ran a pretty good campaign.

dudejcb wrote:(Oh, and my condolences about the Cubs. I know we Americans like to root for an underdog but they are taking it way too far.)
Not a cubs fan. My nightmare was that the Cubs and White Sox would make the world series and the Sox would win. I don't think the Cubs fans could have handled it.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:16 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
dudejcb wrote:What has Palin done? Oh yeah, she cut taxes cuz she had oil revenue to work with. That's called buying votes.
So she should have grown government to consume the money? She should have let the oil companies keep it? Since you apparently don't think the people should have gotten it, what should she have done with the money? My guess is this is just another Dude non sequiter. She did the right thing but I know her reasons were wrong..
She did the right thing. Just don't act like you cured world hunger. She did what she could and shoudl have done, period. she gets credit for that... but it'sa two edged sword; instead of using Wascilla tax money for their hockey rink, which she gave back, didn't she use federal earmarks...
So I gues you could say that we--the rest of America--cut their taxes and gave them ours. Fine, just don't brag about it.

SpinnerMan wrote:What has Obama done? He's the top of the ticket, so this is far more relevant question that you have absolutely nothing to offer that isn't 20 years old. He ran a good campaign. I've heard Hitler ran a pretty good campaign.
Come on Spinner, the Hitler reference? Really? That's beneath you.
Yeah. We don't have a lot of obama history to work with. sometimes all you can do is make a judgement based on what you see and thinkk you know, and hope for the best.

Prior to the american revolution, andeven quite a ways into it, Geore Washington did not have a glorious record as a soldier. but as a person, he must have been awfully impressive. and maybe the mistakes provided lessons he learned from. I'm not suggesting Obama is another Washington, or Lincoln. Just that sometimes people surprise you in a pleasant way... and sometimes they don't.

My guess is though, with the weight of history on him, as the first American President of color, and givien his life story thus far, he will do what's right by most of us. If not, you can all say Dude was wrong! the beauty part of our system of government is, no one can get too carried way doing the wrong thing... especially on the heels of W and Cheney! (I blame Cheney more than W. Cheney knew what he was doing and I think he decieved W on quite a few things with the help of Rummy, and the lack of help from Gonzo for W.)

dudejcb wrote:(Oh, and my condolences about the Cubs. I know we Americans like to root for an underdog but they are taking it way too far.)
Not a cubs fan. My nightmare was that the Cubs and White Sox would make the world series and the Sox would win. I don't think the Cubs fans could have handled it.[/quote] :rofl: (it's gay--the emoticon that is--but your comment deserves it!)
dudejcb
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Controversial Issues Forum