Write In Candidate

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Write In Candidate

Postby dudejcb » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:17 am

You may have seen this online already. It's not all that practical in many ways but I like it and think most of you will too. Here goes...

I HAVE DECIDED TO BECOME A WRITE-IN CANDIDATE.

HERE IS MY PLATFORM:

(1) "Press 1 for English" is immediately banned. English is the official language; speak it or wait at the border until you can.

(2) We will immediately go into a two year isolationist posture to straighten out the country's attitude. NO imports, no exports.
We will use the 'Wal-Mart's policy, 'If we ain't got it, you don't need it.'

(3) When imports are allowed, there will be a 100% import tax on it.

(4) All retired military personnel will be required to man one of our many observation towers on the southern border. (six month tour) They will be under strict orders not to fire on SOUTHBOUND aliens.

(5) Social security will immediately return to its original state. If you didn't put nuttin in, you ain't gettin nuttin out. The president nor any other politician will not be able to touch it.

(6) Welfare - Checks will be handed out on Fridays at the end of the 40 hour school week and the successful completion of urinalysis and a passing grade.

(7) Professional Athletes --Steroids - The FIRST time you check positive you're banned for life.

(8) Crime - We will adopt the Turkish method, the first time you steal, you lose your right hand. If you myrder there are no more life sentences. If convicted, you will be put to death by the same method you chose for your victim; gun, knife, strangulation, etc.

(9) One export will be allowed; Wheat, The world needs to eat. A bushel of wheat will be the exact price of a barrel of oil.

(10) All foreign aid using American taxpayer money will immediately cease, and the saved money will pay off the national debt and ultimately lower taxes. When disasters occur around the world, we'll ask the American people if they want to donate to a disaster fund, and each citizen can make the decision whether it's a worthy cause.

(11) The Pledge of Allegiance will be said every day at school and every day in Congress.

(12) The National Anthem will be played at all appropriate ceremonies, sporting events, outings, etc.

Sorry if I stepped on anyone's toes but a vote for me will get you better than what you have, and better than what you're gonna get. Thanks for listening, and remember to write in my name on the ballot November.
God Bless America !!!!!!!!!!!

Bill Cosby!!!!!!!!
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby wackemstackem » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:24 am

Bill Cosby is a racist and a bigot.No way he said that.
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:12 am

wackemstackem wrote:Bill Cosby is a racist and a bigot.No way he said that.
I have never heard Bill Cosby say anything racist or bigotted. Maybe in his younger days. However, he didn't say it, but he is generally a good guy. Recently, he has stirred a big fuss by telling poor black folks to get off their asses and take responsibility for their own lives including learning proper english.
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Pound_Cake_speech

Can't wait to see him for the first time on November 15th. I already have my tickets. You can see if there are any tickets left :smile:
http://www.harrahs.com/EventsDetail.do?locationCode=UHA&detailName=111508-billcosby-detail&eventTitle=Bill+Cosby
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:38 am

I don't perceive Bill Cosby as a racist bigot. He is a funny man though. His pound cake speech was pretty spot on. I never heard it before but it was a good read.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:58 am

I like his number nine about wheat vs. oil. Oil (or energy) is just about as important as Food, shelter and water. Without it none of the rest happen.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby rmh » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:00 am

Sounds more like George Carlin or Robin Williams.
2013 Totals
1 2003 Ford Focus (harvested by a 6 point whitetail)
1 1991 Chevy Lumina (harvested by a PT Cruiser)
rmh
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:44 am

So are we going to put a 100% tariff on oil? That is an import. I guess that is one way to instantly double the price of a barrel of oil. So would gasoline go to $8 per gallon?

Many of these sound good, but they are just plain stupid.

A trade "surplus" has not correlated with good economic times. We had a trade surplus during the great depression. That worked out well for us :no:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby wackemstackem » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:38 pm

You guys are actually gonna start to debate this.I cant wait till this election is over.
Yes,Bill Cosby is one of the biggest bigots in Hollywood.He has bought all the little rascals films to keep them off tv amongst other things.
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster

Postby QUACK3XS » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:42 pm

wackemstackem wrote:You guys are actually gonna start to debate this.I cant wait till this election is over.
Yes,Bill Cosby is one of the biggest bigots in Hollywood.He has bought all the little rascals films to keep them off tv amongst other things.

Who's your favorite Wackem???? SPANKY :rofl:
U.S. NAVY SEABEE VETERAN
QUACK3XS
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:49 pm

wackemstackem wrote:You guys are actually gonna start to debate this.I cant wait till this election is over.

Not trying to start a debate. I had never heard anything about Bill Cosby that leads me to believe he was a racist or a bigot. That's a pretty serious accusation. Obviously you have some reason to believe that, I was curious why. Especially considering a lot of his recent public speaches were very much the opposite of that.

Snopes says the little rascal thing is untrue.
http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/rascals.asp
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:58 pm

On the topic of write-in candidates....did you knwo that Mickey Mouse recieves the most write in votes of any other in a prez. election year?
-Ryan
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:00 pm

QUACK3XS wrote:

Who's your favorite Wackem???? SPANKY :rofl:
Spanky kinda gave the creeps and he was bossy. But Alfalfa and Bu'Weet were fun. Spot too.

What was the girls name?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby QUACK3XS » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:03 pm

Darla or Mrs. Crabtree
U.S. NAVY SEABEE VETERAN
QUACK3XS
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:30 pm

I'm going to write in Paris Hilton, her one ad made more sense than either candidate, and if she can promise to wear something skimpy to all of her interviews and press conferences, C-Span will get higher ratings than ever before. Could be the best state of the union speech ever, or at least the most entertaining.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:39 pm

A debate between Paris and Sarah--both in their boudoir finery--would be Must See TV! And let's throw in Tina Fey!
dudejcb
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:13 pm

dudejcb wrote:A debate between Paris and Sarah--both in their boudoir finery--would be Must See TV! And let's throw in Tina Fey!
How misogyny works.

What if ... You get the point.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby wackemstackem » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:17 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:

Not trying to start a debate. I had never heard anything about Bill Cosby that leads me to believe he was a racist or a bigot. That's a pretty serious accusation. Obviously you have some reason to believe that, I was curious why. Especially considering a lot of his recent public speaches were very much the opposite of that.

Snopes says the little rascal thing is untrue.
http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/rascals.asp

I stand corrected for now spin.I remember a while back he did a few things that really pissed me off.I cant check into it rite now on the work comp.If Im wrong ill man up.
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster

Postby dudejcb » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:25 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
dudejcb wrote:A debate between Paris and Sarah--both in their boudoir finery--would be Must See TV! And let's throw in Tina Fey!
How misogyny works.

What if ... You get the point.

This was pure mental cartooning jest building on Groundswatters imagery Shoot me!.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:39 am

This was pure mental cartooning jest building on Groundswatters imagery Shoot me!.

Sorry, I feel the need to bring every discussion down in the gutter. But the eye candy of the Hilton v Palin debate would be at least 100% better than any other going on.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:14 am

Groundswatter you didn't go to the gutter and Spinner knows it. All you did was connect the common knowledge dots between Paris Hilton's Burger King ads and Mcain's attempt to link her to Obama, and the pics of Palin in a bikini holding a gun that are floating around the internet. That, along with the fact that everyone on DHC and elsewhere has noticed her good looks, which I doubt (as a former beauty pagent participant and runner-up) she is embarassed of. If anything, participating in a beauty pagent objectifies women as sex objects... her flute playing abilities notwithstanding.

I took it a step further and continued the dot connecting with Tina Fey's dead on impersonation of Palin. There was no mysogeny or objectification of their womanhood, only a linking of some common public perceptions for the sake of duck hunter type ribald humor.

Spinner gets frustrated with me cuz I usually try to take a different slant on issues, just to open up the thinking. Maybe the "How Racism Works" thread struck close to home. or maybe he just want to poke at me a bit. I don't know.

Regardless, you're in the clear as far as I'm concerned.
Last edited by dudejcb on Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:50 pm

Bill Cosby is a racist and bigot??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh please. Provide me one example. :huh:

I guess I am the same racist and bigot as Bill Cosby. I think he is saying what others are afraid to say or are unwilling to admit.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum