Body Count in Chicago

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Body Count in Chicago

Postby Tom Phillips* » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:02 am

Body count. In the last six months 292 killed (murdered) in Chicago , 221 killed in Iraq .

Sens. Barack Obama & **** Durbin, Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr., Gov. Rod Blogojevich, House leader Mike Madigan, Atty. Gen. Lisa Madigan (daughter of Mike), Mayor Richard M. Daley (son of Mayor Richard J. Daley).....the leadership in Illinois.....all Democrats.

Thank you for the combat zone in Chicago . Of course they're all blaming each other.

Can't blame Republicans, they're aren't any!

State pension fund $44 Billion in debt, worst in country. Cook County ( Chicago ) sales tax 10.25% highest in country. (Look'em up if you want). Chicago school system one of the worst in country. This is the political reality that Obama left in Illinois . And now he's gonna 'fix' Washington politics?
J├║dica me, Deus.
Tom Phillips*
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:56 am

Spinner and myself have been saying it for a while now (we are both from Illinois). This guy is a talking head, he should be reading the news, not running for president.
jaysweet3
hunter

Postby brucetonbottombandit » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:14 am

everything I've seen puts Chicago about 20th in nation. Not highest. Could be improved, but Phoenix is 21st with a small difference. My question is what's Mccain doing?
brucetonbottombandit
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:39 am

brucetonbottombandit wrote:everything I've seen puts Chicago about 20th in nation.
I don't think anyone said it was the worst. It has some of the worst neighborhoods. It also has some of the best. You can go to the rich and downtown neighborhoods and it is very safe. This keeps the average down. The Democratic machine simply lets the poor neighborhoods rot and protects the rich neighborhoods.

brucetonbottombandit wrote:My question is what's Mccain doing?
If he was a community organizer from Chicago, I guarantee he would have down a lot more. However, as U.S. Senator, it is not his job to control crime in Chicago. Look at what Guilliani did in New York. That is what Obama should have been fighting for as a community organizer and a state legislator representing part of Chicago.

The point is he solved no problems for the "poor" or "working" people, but he sure did pile up personal wealth, power, and prestige. I think you could fairly say he did this on the backs of the poor.

He never solved any problems as he scrambled up the ladder, but once he gets to the top. Well then he will start solving the problems. He was saving him self. He didn't want to pull a hamstring doing the hard work on small issues like rampant crime and poverty in his south side district.

Do you really believe if he was so brilliant and had all the answers that he wouldn't have at leasted fixed something along the way? He will be an absentee President and Congress and other world leaders (good and bad) will set the agenda and he will give lots of speechs full of fluff.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum