The Democrats are to Blame for our Economic Problems

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

The Democrats are to Blame for our Economic Problems

Postby Tom Phillips* » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:56 am

The democrats are to blame for our economic problems, no question about it.

Which Democrats described in this video are the worst?

Rank the top three in order as you see them, and the reasons for your rankings.

The video is very dense with facts, dates and names. It runs about ten minutes. It is worthwhile to pause it to take notes. The best answer wins an ice cream cone, and a gold star. :biggrin:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6wxmr ... aused_news

(thanks wackemstackem for the original link)

Since the House and Senate passed the bailout plan (at a cost of about $3,000 per person in this country), the Republicans have given the Democrats cover for their ineptitude. Why, oh why do the Republicans do that?
Júdica me, Deus.
Tom Phillips*
hunter
 
Posts: 1655
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: SF Bay Area, California


Postby pennsyltucky » Sat Oct 04, 2008 6:12 am

i cant believe he is even a candidate. if bush didnt have such an awful approval rating, mccain would have 75% of the vote :no: before this election crap started, he was a darling of the democrats for his bi-partisanship. now those same stupid liberals are chanting in the streets for his head, screaming bush sucks bush sucks bush sucks. and the saddest part is it actually works :eek: people have so little idea what obama actually stands for, they are ready to vote for him based on his smoke and mirrors. i cant believe the lack of depth of these folks...

dems loved mccain before the election....now he is the devil. goes well with the times of shallow frivalousness and selfish ignorance. but i promise not 1 real republican was for obama ever.
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
User avatar
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:21 pm
Location: stoneboro, PA

Postby jaysweet3 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:14 am

Why is this information not pasted up on every bill board accross the U.S.? I know why the main stream media won't put it out there. Why is John McCain not shouting it from the top of every mountain? I think it is accurate, just wonder why it isn't more public.
User avatar
jaysweet3
hunter
 
Posts: 8066
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:42 am
Location: N. Illinois

Postby Pacific Fisher » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:00 am

Nice try Tom, but most voters do not think the Democrats are responsible for the economic problems we are facing. They will be displaying that understanding in the upcoming election in a number of ways.
I think you already know that.
Pacific Fisher
hunter
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Gualala, CA

Postby pennsyltucky » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:09 am

so whatever the media pounds into our heads is now the "truth"? nevermind the real world...
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
User avatar
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:21 pm
Location: stoneboro, PA

what???

Postby DuckDuckGoose.... » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:16 am

Pacific Fisher wrote:Nice try Tom, but most voters do not think the Democrats are responsible for the economic problems we are facing. They will be displaying that understanding in the upcoming election in a number of ways.
I think you already know that.


Really..pacific fisher.. Who controlled the House and the Senate under Bush? Democrats? Who wrote all legislation that had to be approved or rejected under Bush? Democrats
Who had veto power if Bush really, really was that bad? The Democrats for all their complaining failed to provide the checks and balances of their part of a 3 tierd goverment. Basic civics Executive, Legislative and Judicial branches of government.

Who felt it was more important to look at steroid abuse instead of mortgage fraud and predatory lending practices? Democrats

The goverment is a checks and balances goverment and the power to write and control legislation rests with the Democratically controlled Legislative branch. They should have put their bi-partisan politics aside and done what was right. They failed to do that.

Pacific Fisher you obviously have fallen prey to the Democratic media machine that spits out the blame for everything at Bush.

[/b]
# of times able to get out hunting.. 1
Duck totals:
Mallards:
Wood Ducks:
Mergansers:
Bufflehead:
DuckDuckGoose....
hunter
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:53 am
Location: Southern Maine

Re: what???

Postby brucetonbottombandit » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:30 am

DuckDuckGoose.... wrote:
Pacific Fisher wrote:Nice try Tom, but most voters do not think the Democrats are responsible for the economic problems we are facing. They will be displaying that understanding in the upcoming election in a number of ways.
I think you already know that.


Really..pacific fisher.. Who controlled the House and the Senate under Bush? Democrats? Who wrote all legislation that had to be approved or rejected under Bush? Democrats
Who had veto power if Bush really, really was that bad? The Democrats for all their complaining failed to provide the checks and balances of their part of a 3 tierd goverment. Basic civics Executive, Legislative and Judicial branches of government.

Who felt it was more important to look at steroid abuse instead of mortgage fraud and predatory lending practices? Democrats

The goverment is a checks and balances goverment and the power to write and control legislation rests with the Democratically controlled Legislative branch. They should have put their bi-partisan politics aside and done what was right. They failed to do that.

Pacific Fisher you obviously have fallen prey to the Democratic media machine that spits out the blame for everything at Bush.

[/b]

when did the democrats gain control of the senate?
brucetonbottombandit
hunter
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:18 am
Location: Tennesse

Postby jaemersonke » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:49 pm

Wow! Had to pause it every few seconds to understand what was going on but Im glad I did. Now I can tell my Liberal government teacher what is really going on. :thumbsup:
jaemersonke
hunter
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:48 pm
Location: Hagerman, Idaho

Postby jaemersonke » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:54 pm

brucetonbottombandit wrote:
DuckDuckGoose.... wrote:
Pacific Fisher wrote:Nice try Tom, but most voters do not think the Democrats are responsible for the economic problems we are facing. They will be displaying that understanding in the upcoming election in a number of ways.
I think you already know that.


Really..pacific fisher.. Who controlled the House and the Senate under Bush? Democrats? Who wrote all legislation that had to be approved or rejected under Bush? Democrats
Who had veto power if Bush really, really was that bad? The Democrats for all their complaining failed to provide the checks and balances of their part of a 3 tierd goverment. Basic civics Executive, Legislative and Judicial branches of government.

Who felt it was more important to look at steroid abuse instead of mortgage fraud and predatory lending practices? Democrats

The goverment is a checks and balances goverment and the power to write and control legislation rests with the Democratically controlled Legislative branch. They should have put their bi-partisan politics aside and done what was right. They failed to do that.

Pacific Fisher you obviously have fallen prey to the Democratic media machine that spits out the blame for everything at Bush.

[/b]

when did the democrats gain control of the senate?



It appears to be in 2006. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15620405/
jaemersonke
hunter
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:48 pm
Location: Hagerman, Idaho

Postby Pacific Fisher » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:18 pm

I guess we all need to be patient and let Bush's January 2008, Economic Stimulus Package start showing positive results.
Pacific Fisher
hunter
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Gualala, CA

Postby semo88 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:29 pm

Ok, so let me get this straight…we know Republicans (President Bush) have had the White House for the past 8 years. Republicans controlled Congress until November of 2006 (not quite 2 years). So 14 of 16 years (8 years President, 8 years Congress) were under Republican control, but the Democrats are responsible for all the problems in this country? Maybe it’s just me, but that doesn’t make a lot of sense.
semo88
hunter
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:11 pm
Location: Missouri

Postby jaysweet3 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:34 pm

I take it you didn't watch the video clip.
User avatar
jaysweet3
hunter
 
Posts: 8066
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:42 am
Location: N. Illinois

Postby semo88 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:36 pm

I didn't. If it's anything like the rest of the slanted videos I’ve seen posted here, I’d do just as well to listen to some of the ranting on this site.
semo88
hunter
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:11 pm
Location: Missouri

Postby seastreet » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:37 pm

semo88 wrote:Ok, so let me get this straight…we know Republicans (President Bush) have had the White House for the past 8 years. Republicans controlled Congress until November of 2006 (not quite 2 years). So 14 of 16 years (8 years President, 8 years Congress) were under Republican control, but the Democrats are responsible for all the problems in this country? Maybe it’s just me, but that doesn’t make a lot of sense.


Perhaps this will quench your thirst...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MGT_cSi7Rs&NR=1

and then this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5KqzZn5 ... re=related
Last edited by seastreet on Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
User avatar
seastreet
hunter
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Downeast, NC

Postby jaysweet3 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:06 pm

About 6 years ago, President Bush called for regulation or some oversight into Freddie and Fannie. Everyone said, that they were fine. in 2005 McCain, called for the same legislation again. Warning that Fannie and Freddie are in a dangerous spot. House Dems shot him down. A group of dems that were led by B. Obama. Obama was second in contributions from Freddie.

Now one of Obama's top advisors is a past president of Freddie. Why, this talking head is not exposed for what he is, is beyond me. All of you suckers are falling for this bumpersticker of a candidate. And, all of the critisms that Palin gets, Obama is let off.
User avatar
jaysweet3
hunter
 
Posts: 8066
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:42 am
Location: N. Illinois

Postby wackemstackem » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:24 pm

semo88 wrote:I didn't. If it's anything like the rest of the slanted videos I’ve seen posted here, I’d do just as well to listen to some of the ranting on this site.


So basically your making comments on a vid you have not watched :huh:

No wonder why your voting for Obama.BTW your not listening your reading.
It's my Island.
wackemstackem
muppet paster
 
Posts: 3973
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:43 am
Location: Long Island

Postby semo88 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:27 pm

6 years ago…wasn’t Congress controlled by Republicans? 2005…wasn’t Congress still controlled by Republicans?

Funny how things get twisted around depending on the issue. I’ve heard a few folks on here say that the reason we’re in this mess is because Dems forced regulations on banks making them give loans to unqualified people. Now I’m hearing that if the Dems had LET Repubs pass regulations, we wouldn’t be in this mess.
semo88
hunter
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:11 pm
Location: Missouri

Postby semo88 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:48 pm

wackemstackem wrote:
semo88 wrote:I didn't. If it's anything like the rest of the slanted videos I’ve seen posted here, I’d do just as well to listen to some of the ranting on this site.


So basically your making comments on a vid you have not watched :huh:

No wonder why your voting for Obama.BTW your not listening your reading.


Alright, hold on here. Before you get so excited about talking down to someone just because they don’t agree with you, how about you read through the thread first. I mean, you’re smart right, you sure talk down to others like you think you are.I commented basically on the title of the thread and the accusation that Democrats are solely to blame.
semo88
hunter
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:11 pm
Location: Missouri

Postby jaysweet3 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:09 pm

The main opposition to the regulation was the dems. At the same time Obama was on a team of lawyers that sued the big lenders for not loaning money to high risk people. Which way do you want it?
User avatar
jaysweet3
hunter
 
Posts: 8066
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:42 am
Location: N. Illinois

Postby semo88 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:13 pm

Was there not a vote on it?
semo88
hunter
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:11 pm
Location: Missouri

Postby Pacific Fisher » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:17 pm

semo88 wrote:Ok, so let me get this straight…we know Republicans (President Bush) have had the White House for the past 8 years. Republicans controlled Congress until November of 2006 (not quite 2 years). So 14 of 16 years (8 years President, 8 years Congress) were under Republican control, but the Democrats are responsible for all the problems in this country? Maybe it’s just me, but that doesn’t make a lot of sense.


Ding, Ding, Ding Ding - we have a winner.

Theses are the facts that McCain and the Republican Party do not want to talk about and the big problem they have in the upcoming election.
Pacific Fisher
hunter
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Gualala, CA

Postby pennsyltucky » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:07 pm

Pacific Fisher wrote:
semo88 wrote:Ok, so let me get this straight…we know Republicans (President Bush) have had the White House for the past 8 years. Republicans controlled Congress until November of 2006 (not quite 2 years). So 14 of 16 years (8 years President, 8 years Congress) were under Republican control, but the Democrats are responsible for all the problems in this country? Maybe it’s just me, but that doesn’t make a lot of sense.


Ding, Ding, Ding Ding - we have a winner.

Theses are the facts that McCain and the Republican Party do not want to talk about and the big problem they have in the upcoming election.


nope. no chicken dinners for you 2. this started much farther back than just 16 years. clear back to the "great society". when the dems put fannie mae (it was a government corp first) into the private sector, it got worse, but clintons administration forcing banks to lend to minorities and other unqualified people is the reason the bubble grew. this has nothing to do with the party i belong to, everything to do with real life and facts. the dems had good intentions for sure, the problem was that they just didnt know what would actually happen...no one really did. there were warnings from a few people along the way, but no one actually knew what would happen. the "blame" goes to the democrats over the last 70 years because it was their policies that are at fault, but their intentions were sincere...
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
User avatar
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 3167
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:21 pm
Location: stoneboro, PA

Postby seastreet » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:12 pm

semo88 wrote:6 years ago…wasn’t Congress controlled by Republicans? 2005…wasn’t Congress still controlled by Republicans?

Funny how things get twisted around depending on the issue. I’ve heard a few folks on here say that the reason we’re in this mess is because Dems forced regulations on banks making them give loans to unqualified people. Now I’m hearing that if the Dems had LET Repubs pass regulations, we wouldn’t be in this mess.


Perhaps you need to take a look at this...

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/viewtopic.php?p=551653#551653

From your own party's mouth. Dems wouldn't even let it come out of committee. A house style of what the Senate would call a fillibuster.
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
User avatar
seastreet
hunter
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Downeast, NC

Postby semo88 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:18 pm

seastreet wrote:From your own party's mouth.


Just to clarify, I don't have a party. I just happen to be voting for Obama. I'm voting for about as many Republicans as I am Democrats this November.
semo88
hunter
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:11 pm
Location: Missouri

Postby seastreet » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:31 pm

semo88 wrote:
seastreet wrote:From your own party's mouth.


Just to clarify, I don't have a party. I just happen to be voting for Obama. I'm voting for about as many Republicans as I am Democrats this November.


Suuuuuuuuure you are... :rolleyes:

Did you watch the videos of the Democrats' own words back in 2005 & 2007?
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
User avatar
seastreet
hunter
 
Posts: 1686
Joined: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:56 pm
Location: Downeast, NC

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests