McCain suspends work on the economy

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

McCain suspends work on the economy

Postby Pacific Fisher » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:07 pm

John McCain has suspended work on the country's economic problems to begin a negative personal attack campaign against Obama.

Country to McCain - it's the economy stupid.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby Redline29 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:13 pm

I thought McCain was no good on the economy...I did not think that telling the truth about somebody was negitive. I think putting the real Obama front and center is a good thing.
20 Jan 2009...the beginning of an error.
Redline29
hunter

Postby rmh » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:16 pm

I've learned both in my own campaigns and others that when a Republican highlights a Democrat's record it is labeled a "personal attack". The reverse is called "good campaigning".
2013 Totals
1 2003 Ford Focus (harvested by a 6 point whitetail)
1 1991 Chevy Lumina (harvested by a PT Cruiser)
rmh
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:32 pm

Is this the same John McCain who promised a respectful campaign.

The Straight talk Express lost its wheels some time ago.
It is now being reborn as the Trash Talk Express.

There are a number of other promises McCain made to the American voters about not running a negative, personal attack campaign that I will research and post up.
Another flip flop for McCain.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby rmh » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:37 pm

And as I said, McCain highlighting Obama's past record and associates is being called negative campaigning by you. BUT, mentioning McCain's relationship with Charles Keating (an old peripheral associate) is just an "honest assessment". Depends on whise ox is being gored.
2013 Totals
1 2003 Ford Focus (harvested by a 6 point whitetail)
1 1991 Chevy Lumina (harvested by a PT Cruiser)
rmh
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:53 pm

The Keating Five mention is a direct response to a desperate McCain strategy of a newly launched, major negative personal attack campaign.
So should McCain persist he will be eating a lot of reminders of his coziness with Charles Keating and the kind of financial wheeling and dealing that has this country in trouble right now. When the American voters get reminded in detail of all the expensive jet flights and luxury vacations provided to McCain by Keating, they will not be thinking of McCain as any sort of economy solving guy for the little people.
McCain narrowly avoided prosecution and was was censured for his involvement in the Keating Five financial corruption mess.

Although McCains's record of voting in step with Bush 90% of the time should be enough to convince the American public he has not really been about change.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:14 pm

its obamas past thats negative. mccain is only talking about it. and he should. he should dig up obamas past and put it right on display. id like to see him just pound everything he can find on that piece of dog shite your party thinks will make a good president. :mad: i hope mccain drills on this the rest of the race, and puts out new negative info on ur liberal trash every few days. obama will be extremely bad for this entire planet as president, and i strongly support ANY effort to stop that from happening.
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:15 pm

Pacific Fisher wrote:The Keating Five mention is a direct response to a desperate McCain strategy of a newly launched, major negative personal attack campaign.

Except that the Democratic special investigator in that case said McCain is completely exonerated and the only reason he was kept in the investigation was political. It couldn't be all democrats. He repeats that to this very day.

Innocent until proven guilty, unless you are a Republican. Then you are guilty even after proven innocent. The Democratic politicians would never lie or play politics :bow: Democrats are perfect :bow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxJ7t3U3TDg

I think I see you around the 10th student.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Redline29 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:26 pm

That video is scary. Brainwashing at it's finest. The next generation of the Hitler youth????
Redline29
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:40 pm

Country to McCain,

It's the economy stupid.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:54 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
Pacific Fisher wrote:The Keating Five mention is a direct response to a desperate McCain strategy of a newly launched, major negative personal attack campaign.

Except that the Democratic special investigator in that case said McCain is completely exonerated and the only reason he was kept in the investigation was political. It couldn't be all democrats. He repeats that to this very day.

Innocent until proven guilty, unless you are a Republican. Then you are guilty even after proven innocent. The Democratic politicians would never lie or play politics :bow: Democrats are perfect :bow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxJ7t3U3TDg

I think I see you around the 10th student.

id like to talk to a few of these dumb asses they dont seem to smart
waterfowler20 wrote:
getemducks wrote:I am new to this but I think what you have there is a duck. :huh:

Are you crazy! That ain't no duck, thats one of'dem cackler gooses! :hi:
TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:34 pm

just pull into the drive at the next place with an obama yard sign... all the same
muleskinner wrote:you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth and a benalli in the other.
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby semo88 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:40 pm

pennsyltucky wrote:just pull into the drive at the next place with an obama yard sign... all the same

Ya know, I’m all for stating political opinions, and I actually enjoy reading people’s views that don’t agree with mine… but this “anybody voting for Obama is an idiot” bullsh!t is getting old. I guarantee there would be 50 people crying and whining and telling me to stick to the facts if I were to take personal shots at anyone for voting for McCain.
semo88
hunter

Postby pennsyltucky » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:20 pm

:rofl: :rofl: sooooo you are voting for obama because you hate paying so little in taxes? because you dont want to own guns anymore, but just cant give them up on your own? because you just cant stand to make decisions on your own so you would like government to do it for you? you like paying astronomical prices for healthcare, and would like the rest of us who dont, to join you?

i take an active approach... when i run into an obama supporter, which are rare out in the sticks, i like to strike conversation. all have had the same line about how we need change from the bush administration...blah blah. it baffles me that there is anyone in this country who would associate with this man, much less vote him into the office of president :no:

you vote for who you want. its your right... but until i hear 1 single reason he will be good for this country and its citizens, voting for him wont win respect from me :wink:
pennsyltucky
Forum Moderator

Postby semo88 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:26 pm

I could care less if you respect how I am voting, all I ask for is that you are respectful of myself and others who happen to have views that don't match yours.

Since we are on the subject of respect though….your sweeping generalizations of what will supposedly happen when Obama is elected don’t earn much respect from me.
semo88
hunter

Postby Redline29 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:03 pm

A question for you Obamazombies....

Do you think Obama could pass an entrance/security examination into the FBI, CIA or Secret Service (based on his associations)?….
could he get a job protecting our President?
Redline29
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:59 am

semo88 wrote:Since we are on the subject of respect though….your sweeping generalizations of what will supposedly happen when Obama is elected don’t earn much respect from me.
I know in this case you weren't specifically responding to me, but I can explain why I believe things will happen the way I believe they will. I never get any logical response as to why they will be different. We have tried everything that Obama proposes in the past, so we know from experience what will happen.

Windfall profit tax on American Oil Companies - By definition, this makes it less profitable for American oil companies to produce oil. They either need to increase profits (higher gas prices or layoff employees) to levels that will attract investments or they simply will not invest in producing more oil. This puts upward pressure on oil prices. This provides a competitive advantage to non-American oil companies (we can't tax them). Stock prices will fall which will reduce pension fund values, 401(k) values, etc. Reduced investment in America reduce employment. This is well known, except to the Obama voters.

Talking with our enemy (aka Diplomacy) - Has NEVER worked. If we could negotiate in good faith with them, they wouldn't be our enemy. Almost everybody understands you cannot talk criminals out of being criminals, especially the most heineous criminals. How do you think you can talk them out of their criminal activity when they control an entire country :huh:

Tax the rich - The rich by definition can rearrange their entire life to their benefit. That's why every body should aspire to be rich and in America everybody can be modestly rich by retirement if they do a few basic things. The rich do not pay more taxes when the tax rate goes up. They simply pay more Harvard lawyers and accountants to rearrange their lives to avoid the extra taxes. Much of this involves moving their money into more conservative investments like tax free municiple bonds. Risky investments are what grows the economy, employs people, and raises everybody's quality of life over time. They need to be encourage and not discouraged.

Forcing banks to lend money to uncreditworthy people was another left social issue that Obama supporters were all for. That worked out as expected. How could it have played out any other way?

Nationalize health care - less profit = less quality and rationing. Only way it can play out. That is how it has played out in EVERY country that does it. Ours is expensive because it is the highest quality and we are forced to pay for things we would never pay for if we were given a choice.

What other issues would you like to know how they will play out? There is so much noise in the background that in the short term other factors will make understanding why things happened more difficult. However, the Obama plans are time tested. We know the effects.

Why did the stock market fall after the bailout? Should have helped. Obama took a large lead in the polls. Do you think investors aren't watching the polls? I'm sure you will say it is a coincedence, but that is my point. You can't simply say A caused B in the short term because so many other things are happening simultaneously. However, Obama's ideas are old ideas that for the most part have should have been left in the reject bin of history.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:29 am

For each personal attack that the McCain/palin team plays as part of the Strategy that McCain assured the American voters who would not use, the Obama Campaign can match.

McCain the adulterer. drug addict wife, he has his own radical Reverend, the Keating Five, his 90% voting record lock step with Bush etc..

Palin has her own witch doctor exorcist Reverend (on video), husband part of anti American secessionist group, troopergate investigation that an Alaska judge just days ago found there was enough evidence to go forward despite a full court press by Republicans to kill it etc...

So if a desperate McCain continues to violate his campaign pledge (on video) to the American that he would not engage in a personal attack campaign, he will receive in kind cards played as he plays his.
But I guess desperate candidates do desperate things.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:40 am

What is a personal attack? I'm Barak Obama. I want to be your President. I have no past accomplishments, but I have good judgment. Hanging out with shady people isn't a lapse of judgment and if you bring it up, it's a personal attack.

The man I call my mentor is irrelevant and a racist personal attack.

Working with an unrepentent terrorist does not show poor judgment because he meant well then and he means well now.

The Democratic special investigator said Senator McCain did nothing wrong, but I'll bring it up because my supporters are too damn stupid to know that he was exonerated.

I'm the most liberal Senator and I vote with Bush about 50% of the time, so a Republican voting with Bush 90% of the time isn't exactly in lock step, but my voters are too damn stupid to understand the McCain voted against Bush about 20% of the time I didn't.

I used cocaine in the past, but it's not a personal attack to bring up that McCain's wife was addicted to prescription drugs.

McCain's pastor and spiritual mentor is not a radical, but my voters are too damn stupid to see the difference.

I will win because I am the One and my voters see it my way
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:13 pm

While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old rancher, who's hand
was caught in the gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a
conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to Palin
and her bid.
The old rancher said, "Well, ya know, Palin is a Post Turtle'".

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a 'post
turtle' was.

The old rancher said, "When you're driving down a country road you come
across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a 'post
turtle".

The old rancher saw the puzzled look on the doctor's face so he
continued to explain. "You know she didn't get up there by herself, she
doesn't belong up there, and she doesn't know what to do while she's up
there, and you just wonder what kind of dummy put her up there to begin
with".
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:15 pm

They just stole that from an e-mail that was going around about Obama. I actually posted it up during your temporary leave.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:21 pm

so you're saying I'm a day late... again!

yeah, I got that email a while back and tought I'd paste it before dleting it in a vain attempt to hijack this thread to an even less meaningfull discussion.

feelin' kinda pissy right now, so will probably be posting more junk.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:26 pm

BTW: I agree with Joe Biden that paying your taxes is patriotic and responsible citizenship.

But it does get aggravating to see how stupidly much of it gets spent, when what I don't mind paying for are better roads, airports, soldiers and their healthcare, and other reasonable stuff that society needs. The BS is bothersome.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby seastreet » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:33 pm

dudejcb wrote:BTW: I agree with Joe Biden that paying more taxes is patriotic and responsible citizenship.

I took the liberty of changing it (in bold) to correct what Biden actually said. So how do you feel now (reading the statement above) that Democrats want to spend another $1 trillion in new spending that will deepen our deficit even more and completely shut off the spigot to the very investment capital that financial firms need to recover our economy?
Glimmerjim wrote: I may be slow but I'm dumb!
seastreet
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:44 pm

that's not what he said. get a life.
dudejcb
hunter

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum