Lies of the last Democrat that said it's the economy stupid

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Lies of the last Democrat that said it's the economy stupid

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm

History always repeats itself for those that are unaware.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122333585431009523.html

The Clinton years hold some good lessons on both these scores. Back when Mr. Clinton was campaigning for president in 1992, he made a pretty direct pitch: Raise taxes on people making more than $200,000, and use those revenues to fund tax relief for the "forgotten middle class."
Can you say deja vu?

So how long did it take that beloved Democrat to bail on his promise.

Mr. Clinton, of course, won that election. And as the inauguration approached, he began backtracking from his promise. At a Jan. 14, 1993, press conference in New Hampshire, he claimed that it was the media that had played up a middle-class tax cut, not him. A month later, he announced his actual plan before a joint session of Congress
He was backpedaling even before he stepped foot in the oval office. Hmmmm. New $800B+ of spending and you think Obama and Dems are going to cut your taxes :rofl:

On page one of the New York Times, the paper described the fate of the middle-class tax cut this way: "Families earning as little as $20,000 a year -- members of the 'forgotten middle class' whose taxes he promised during his campaign to cut -- will also be asked to send more dollars to Washington under the President's plan."
Like we were telling you then and we are telling you now, your taxes will go up. Both directly and indirectly (you will pay the corporate tax hikes).

That was one of the lessons from the Clinton years. For the first two years of his first term -- when Democrats controlled Congress -- Mr. Clinton was a different president. With Democrats in control of Washington, the middle-class tax cut vanished, a massive tax hike was approved, and the political debate centered around HillaryCare.
You really think the Dems learned from the last time they controlled everything in Washington :no:

Lie to me once, shame on you. Lie to me twice, shame on me.

Are you really going to fall for the same line twice?
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:12 pm

Read my lips, no new taxes. :rofl:
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:37 pm

Pacific Fisher wrote:Read my lips, no new taxes. :rofl:

:hijacked:

Yes, I am falling for the hijacking, but here is the truth. President Bush went back on his promise by coming to an agreement with the democrat led congress that he would not veto their tax increase if the democrat controlled congress would cut spending (dollar for dollar) in direct proportion to the tax increase.

Under this plan, the budget would be balanced in short order.

Yes. President Bush was a fool to take democrats at their word. Anyone would be.

As soon as he signed the bill, the dems slammed him for going back on his word, and continued to spend like crazy. :mad:

But, no one remembers the rest of the story because the press doesn’t focus on the democrat lies and misdeeds. :mad:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:50 pm

but Clinton did successfully get a BJ in the oval office. I saw them interview Billy on the today show a few weeks ago, and they cheered as he came out as if he was some sort of Left Wing savior, and all I could think about were the scandals he was involved in the whole time he was in office.

Oh well.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:26 pm

Pacific Fisher wrote:Read my lips, no new taxes. :rofl:

If I understand your response. Yeah we all know Obama is lying, but we don't care.

How'd that work out for Bush? Oh yeah. No 2nd term. Clinton is a beloved Democrat that got reelected. Your point was?

Lies work for the Democrats and not the Republicans. Do you guys even care what your guys say and do? They are politicians, so the bar isn't very high, but how low is your bar set? I haven't seen a Democrat that can sink low enough to not make it over.

Kennedy lies about the death of a woman. Liberal icon.

Marion Barry serves jail time for crack. Later reelected.

The list is a mile long of Democratic politicians committing self serving crimes and seeing no harm at all to their Democratic support :huh:
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby semo88 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:47 pm

Sounds like everybody, the media, the general public, investigators, the law, are just picking on the Republicans. Sad.
semo88
hunter

Postby Brydog » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:08 pm

Awww,,, those poor, misunderstood Republican's.Image

They'll be understood in the upcoming election.
George McCain will be going home to one of his houses with his tail between his legs, and Sexy Sarah will be "Winking" her way back to Alaska with a Big ole' "L" on her forehead ! :grooving: ,,,,,,,, :hi:,,,,, :yes:
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby Redline29 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:27 pm

Brydog wrote:Awww,,, those poor, misunderstood Republican's.Image

They'll be understood in the upcoming election.
George McCain will be going home to one of his houses with his tail between his legs, and Sexy Sarah will be "Winking" her way back to Alaska with a Big ole' "L" on her forehead ! :grooving: ,,,,,,,, :hi:,,,,, :yes:

And you will have voted for Marxism...be proud. Damn I am sick of blind ass nitwits
20 Jan 2009...the beginning of an error.
Redline29
hunter

Postby Brydog » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:31 pm

Redline29 wrote: Damn I am sick of blind ass nitwits

So is the rest of this country, thats exactly why George McCain will be going home to one of his houses with his tail between his legs, and Sexy Sarah will be "Winking" her way back to Alaska with a Big ole' "L" on her forehead ! :tongue:
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby bootoxen » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:16 pm

Yeah, we'll see. Dont believe the polls either.

>>>"But, no one remembers the rest of the story because the press doesn’t focus on the democrat lies and misdeeds. "

EXACTLY!

Heard the same stuff when Kerry was running.

Brydog wrote:
Redline29 wrote: Damn I am sick of blind ass nitwits

So is the rest of this country, thats exactly why George McCain will be going home to one of his houses with his tail between his legs, and Sexy Sarah will be "Winking" her way back to Alaska with a Big ole' "L" on her forehead ! :tongue:
bootoxen
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:30 pm

Yes,

Poor misunderstood Republicans.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:49 am

Who said they were misunderstood?

I said Democrats lie and people like Brydog and Pacific Fisher don't care. I give examples.

Then people like Brydog and Pacific Fisher give examples of Republicans lying that prove Republicans actually do care.

I'm not saying they are misunderstood. If anything, I'm saying they are better people that actually believe in right and wrong :eek: It's always easier to win if you can lie, cheat, and steal with no concerns. Is that really how you want the game to be played? If the Democrats don't start holding their guys feet to the fire, we will end up with nothing but corruption. If you want politicians that tell the absolute truth you need to punish your guys, we punish our guys as your examples shows.

Nixon :hammer:
Clinton :party:

Bush :hammer:
Kennedy :party:

Delay :hammer:
Obama :party:

Can you give me a single example where a Republican was rewarded for obvious substantative lies? There are a million examples of Democrats. There should be at least a couple on the Republican side.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:56 am

I honestly don't think a Democratic president was ever a real president until he at least got BJ in the oval office.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:33 am

Poor, misunderstood, kinder, and gentler Republicans.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:09 am

PacificFisher wrote:Poor, misunderstood, kinder, and gentler Republicans.

I thought the point of Spinner's post was to prove that we were not kinder, gentler, or misunderstood.

Rep's will police and punish our own. Dem's are much kinder and gentler and proceed to do nothing when their peers screw up.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby Brydog » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:17 pm

Spinner,
Hasn't it already turned out to be nothing but corruption ? Look where we are and why we're here.
Politicians on BOTH sides are Professional Liars. Thats how they qualified for the positions they hold. :no:
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:40 am

Brydog,

Everybody says what you say, but then how do you support expanding any government program? Why would you want a bunch of Professional Liars in charge of anything? That is why I believe in the Conservative philosophy of government with a strong libertarian streak.

The current crop of Republicans in Congress may not be for small government, but they are definitely for smaller government than the current crop of Democrats. Unless I missed something, you are going to vote for the Democrats to control Congress and the White House, which guarantees a far greater expansion of government than the alternative which is a Republican in the White House and Democrat control of Congress. This will give the Professional Liars the greatest amount of power :no:

Ed
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby jaysweet3 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:01 am

It was because of Nixon that we got Carter. Is history going to repeat its self?
jaysweet3
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum