McCain's sinkin',,, and Palin's winkin'...

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

McCain's sinkin',,, and Palin's winkin'...

Postby Brydog » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:33 pm

I hate to say "I told you so", but ,,,,"I told you so"

Now McCain's inciting riots and Palin's whining because someone didn't airbrush her photo to make her into something she's not.
Even Dave Groll from the Foo Fighters told McCain to stop using their "Hero" song in his campaign. :rofl: ,,, :hammer:
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby Brydog » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:49 am

I guess everyone's out in the duck blind ! :huh:
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby dudejcb » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:28 pm

hadn't heard about the airbrush thing. Does she have crows feet, stretch marks, the heartbreak of psoriasis, vericose veins? What could she possibly need to have airbrushed? (Please don't say it's Todd!)
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby ctbduck » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:34 am

ha i didnt know mccain used hero by the foo fighters as a song to play at his rallies. kinda like when bush would play born in the usa, poor old bushy didnt even know it was one of the biggest anti war songs ever written. haha
ctbduck
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:22 pm

ctbduck wrote:ha i didnt know mccain used hero by the foo fighters as a song to play at his rallies. kinda like when bush would play born in the usa, poor old bushy didnt even know it was one of the biggest anti war songs ever written. haha

It was Reagan who did that. You're over 20 years off. Try looking up some facts before you come running in trying to show off. I actually find it funny that you're so open about how little you know.

Hey Brydog and Dude, what's going on?
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby englishsetter » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:37 pm

CLUTCHfan wrote:
ctbduck wrote:ha i didnt know mccain used hero by the foo fighters as a song to play at his rallies. kinda like when bush would play born in the usa, poor old bushy didnt even know it was one of the biggest anti war songs ever written. haha

It was Reagan who did that. You're over 20 years off. Try looking up some facts before you come running in trying to show off. I actually find it funny that you're so open about how little you know.

Hey Brydog and Dude, what's going on?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
English Setters
englishsetter
hunter

Postby ctbduck » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:09 pm

Actually Bush did use it. So just because you know reagan used it doesnt mean nobody else did. smart ass
ctbduck
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:35 am

Byrdog wrote:Now McCain's inciting riots and Palin's whining because someone didn't airbrush her photo to make her into something she's not.

This actually is a big insult to Palin. I guarantee that every magazine cover Obama has been on was Air Brushed. All magazines do this, from ESPN the Magazine to Newsweek to Playboy, they all airbrush their photos. To not Airbrush a cover is a cardinal sin in the magazine business, I feel this is another example of Media Bias.

OK, I like the Foo Fighters, but are you guys honestly letting Dave Grohl influence how you think politically. Sure his song was used out of context, but how many songs are used out of context every day. Grohl said he though McCains use of it tarnished the meaning of the song, which is a nice way of saying, I don't want to be associated with his campaign. I feel that if it had been used in some, "support our troops" slogan, it would have been a different story altogether.

But Honestly, do you guys listen to every actor, athlete, and musician that comes out and expresses an opinion? These are some of the least educated people our society has to offer.

They are entertainers and, although some are definitely more educated than others, do you want Tank Johnson or Oprah shaping the politics and policies of America?

Did you all become Scientologists after Tom Cruise became one?

Do you donate money to PETA because Pamela Anderson is a supporter?
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:23 pm

CLUTCHfan wrote:Hey Brydog and Dude, what's going on?

ummmm. Colin Powell endorsed Obama. his reasoning agrees mine but he did a much better job articulating it. Let's face it he has a much better grasp of the details and knows more about this stuff than I. That said, I'm confident I am a better duck hunter than he is.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby CLUTCHfan » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:36 pm

dudejcb wrote: That said, I'm confident I am a better duck hunter than he is.

He is a smooth brother though, bet he's got you in that department. :biggrin:

I was kind of expecting for Powell to run a while back. Can't really blame him for not doing it though. He probably loves a good show as much as the rest of us.
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Postby CLUTCHfan » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:50 pm

ctbduck wrote:Actually Bush did use it. So just because you know reagan used it doesnt mean nobody else did. smart ass

I read the internet from cover to cover, and still can't find where Bush used it. I'm sure some news outlet would've covered it, but alas, I can't seem to find it anywhere. Maybe you could provide a link to back up that statement.

I did find this, which was printed April 16, 2008 where it mentions Reagan, funny that they didn't mention Bush as well.
http://www.wlwt.com/entertainment/15898123/detail.html
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster

Postby Brydog » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:38 pm

CLUTCHfan wrote:Hey Brydog and Dude, what's going on?

I've been busier than a one legged man at an ass kickin' contest.
I moved back up north this past week and have been tryin' to squeeze in some Fowlin' when I can. I've managed to kill 4 Honkers but can't seem to find any ducks. I had a Black duck in my sights yesterday but thought it was a hen Mallard,,, then it was too late. The Woodies were already froze out on the opener this year. :sad:
Come on flight birds,,,, Boomer's gettin' impatient.....
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Return to Controversial Issues Forum