McCain acting Presidential

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

McCain acting Presidential

Postby dudejcb » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:49 am

I sometimes speak this way myself, but ordinarily not to women and certainly not to reporters, with other reported looking on. I understand exhasperation but I also understand personal control. See for yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCXOZpwT ... re=related
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:48 am

In the interest of justice...

I just saw another video without the swearing. McCain was still angry, but he may not have been the pottymouth alleged in the other video. I'd have to see it without the bleeps.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:03 pm

It was kind of weird the way the guy edited it. McCain repeated some things, and it seamed like he let some things he repeated go un-bleeped, and when he repeated it in the same vocal cadence bleeped it kind of tipped me off.

If you never have listened to them, go check out some old Lyndon B Johnson recordings of his phone calls with foreign diplomats. He would raise some hell with them, swearing the whole time.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:12 pm

You're right about Johnson, and Nixon, and for that matter most guys, and a lot of women too. In the privacy of speaking with friends it's not uncommon let the f-bombs and other colorful terms fly.

The thing that startled me (at first) was the setting more so than the language. It's hard to believe any public person would be like that... in public. I should have given him more benefit of the doubt before posting it. Chalk one up for me in the bone-head column.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:45 pm

Not trying to defend him, just stating fact.

You don't see what happens before all of this. This lady could have pestered him for an entire plane ride or he could have just been in a lousy mood.

I might ask if you have found any video of Obama doing the same thing. I might gain a little more respect for him. Sometimes as a president you gotta know when to raise hell.

Obama just strikes me as insincere, McCain isn't a lot better, but he does have moments. Occasionally you can some fire and some frustration.

But politicians aren't aloud to speak out anymore, they're not allowed to be personable or make mistakes. They have to be stoic party figures. In debates they all try to sneak in personable stories, but they mostly come off as rehearsed. I'm not saying they're untrue, but its almost as if they're trained to insert that story at every appropriate time. Biden's story about his family in the VP debate came off as more personable and heart felt than Obama's about his mother needing health care. Sorry I don't have an example from McCain, if I could remember one I'd put it in to.

I think this is what happens when we started having professional politicians instead regular people with jobs that go run for an office, and if they get elected, once their term ends, they go back to their job.

Now our politicians opinions are based on the popular poles, just trying to get the popular vote. The only thing they disagree on are things that won't hurt them too much, like abortion, gun control, etc where a small number of people will vote b/c of that one issue, but the populous won't care one way or another. As long as they don't hack off the lobbyists that fund them then all is well.

Welcome to America.

Since I hijacked this thread already, lets throw in a couple of quote:

"The body of the American people is substantially republican. But their virtuous feelings have been played upon by some fact with more fiction, they have been the dupes of artful maneuvres, & made for a moment to be willing instruments in forging chains for themselves."
- Thomas Jefferson

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!"
- Benjamin Franklin
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:07 pm

good quotes... especially BF's.

don't worry about hijacking this thing. if I could have, I would have deleted it once the question of authenticity arose.

as for being politacllay correct to the poijnt where it looks insincere... that seems to be happening everywhere where there is any kind of politics involved; large corporations, goernment agencies, etc. If you're not careful with your words some jacka$$ will use then against you, for their own gain... not becaue what you said was actually that bad.

Being PC is a drag, which is one of the reasons I like to hunt and fish. when I'm floating the rivers fly fishing, and I have a good drift going--along the edge with good cover beneath, or under overhanging branches, and the take doesn't come when I know it should, I yell "EAT ME!" at the fish. When ducks or geese are at the point of no return, I quietly say, "shoot them mutha's." They never complain about my language.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:15 pm

It is hard to blame them, if McCain says something wrong, its all over CNN for the next week and he'll never live it down. Same with Obama if he says something wrong Fox News will blow it up without remorse.

I'm with you, the nice thing about hunting or fishing is that things are put in their right space. Its no longer whats PC, b/c that fish on the end of your line doesn't care if you swear at him and the deer you just shot doesn't judge you on how you look or what you wear.

All they care about is survival and when it come to the food chain man and polar bears are king (slight edge to man, but I don't want to mess with a polar bear).

I think the most touching hunting shows that I watch are of kids that are either a burn victim or somehow handicapped going out and punching a trophy white tail. That deer could care less about that kid's short comings, b/c the deer is the prey and the kid is the predator.

Nothing political about that. Just natural laws.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:55 pm

I would have to hear it unedited (no bleeps). It looks like another Obama editor got hold of some tape, beeped out words, and provided their own subtitles.

I’m looking forward to the next one where we will hear- bleeep, bleeep, bleeep, bleeep, and in the subtitles he will threaten to rip her head off and crap down her neck.

If any of this happened, CNN would have it on a continuous loop like the Rodney King episode.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby semo88 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:23 pm

GroundSwatter wrote:(slight edge to man, but I don't want to mess with a polar bear).

Haha, that's about the only good point made in a few months on the Controversial Issues forum.
semo88
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum