Palin found guilty of power abuse...

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Palin found guilty of power abuse...

Postby Brydog » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:20 am

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby SpinnerMan » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:27 am

She gave her husband too much access. :hammer: :hammer:

Sounds like Hillary in reverse. Definitely picking some political nits.

Remember how this was supposedly all about her "wrongfully" firing the Commissioner of Public Safety. They found that she was within her rights.

I find that, although Walt Monegan's refusal to fire Trooper Michael Wooten was not the sole reason he was fired by Governor Sarah Palin, it was likely a contributing factor to his termination as Commissioner of Public Safety. In spite of that, Governor Palin's firing of Commissioner Monegan was a proper and lawful exercise of her constitutional and statutory authority to hire and fire executive branch department heads.

Here's the whole report.
http://download1.legis.state.ak.us/DOWNLOAD.pdf

P.S. Why are you reading an Australian newspaper?
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:31 pm

The issue is the abuse of power/office and the willingness to abuse.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:42 pm

It all depends on what the definition of abuse is. :yes:
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:17 pm

Concerning actions by Governor Palin, the Alaska definition is the one being cited.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:25 pm

so has Alaska put her in jail yet?
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:34 pm

Hey we have experience with the terms abuse of power, unconstitutional and improper actions, reckless conduct as they apply to our Governor here in Illinois and what I am finding out is apparently it don't mean squat.
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby Brydog » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:45 am

DuckinFool wrote:Hey we have experience with the terms abuse of power, unconstitutional and improper actions, reckless conduct as they apply to our Governor here in Illinois and what I am finding out is apparently it don't mean squat.

Thats right DF.
Politicians get themselves into trouble, even criminal trouble, and they resign and get away with it instead of being prosecuted and jailed like the average (excuse the pun) Joe Six Pack. :wink:
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby DuckinFool » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:21 am

In Illinois they don't resign...they keep getting re-elected.
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:26 pm

Let's see. She has the right to hire or fire for any cause, but somehow abused her power. This is classic politics. Send in Hollis French (democrat hatchet man) and you end up with something as convoluted as this. A change we can believe in.

It looks to me that she has been cleared of wrong doing, but they claim an abuse of power. :huh:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:09 am

This is for those of you that think Palin "abused power" even though you were wrong for the millionth time because as we said from the beginning she could fire the guy for whatever reason. Just like Clinton could fire the U.S. attorneys (not abuse of power) and Bush could fire the U.S. attorneys (now it's abuse of power :rolleyes: ). You will see more abuse of power than you have ever seen if Obama wins. You worry about Bush taking rights away and all this other bullmanure about losing freedom.

The Obama people have the superiority complex and and sense of entitlement that leads to true abuse of power. They not only think they have a right to hire and fire their own, they believe they have a right and duty to shut up the opposition. Those of us from the Chicago area can't warn you enough about what is coming, but here is another article on the subject for what it is worth.

The coming liberal thugocracy
http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/oct/13/the-coming-thugocracy/print/
Obama fans jammed WGN's phone lines and sent in hundreds of protest e-mails. The message was clear to anyone who would follow Mr. Rosenberg's example. We will make trouble for you if you let anyone make the case against The One.

Other Obama supporters have threatened critics with criminal prosecution. In September, St. Louis County Circuit Attorney Bob McCulloch and St. Louis City Circuit Attorney Jennifer Joyce warned citizens that they would bring criminal libel prosecutions against anyone who made statements against Mr. Obama that were "false." I had been under the impression that the Alien and Sedition Acts had gone out of existence in 1801-'02. Not so, apparently, in metropolitan St. Louis. Similarly, the Obama campaign called for a criminal investigation of the American Issues Project when it ran ads highlighting Mr. Obama's ties to Mr. Ayers.

Then there's the Democrats' "card check" legislation that would abolish secret ballot elections in determining whether employees are represented by unions. The unions' strategy is obvious: Send a few thugs over to employees' homes - we know where you live - and get them to sign cards that will trigger a union victory without giving employers a chance to be heard.
Is there anything more sacred in a free society than the secret ballot? Apparently not for the Obamites.

If you are truly worried about freedom of speech, secret ballots, etc., you cannot support the Obama team. They do not believe opposition is legitimate. I guarantee you will see intimidation at every level. Threats of lawsuits are the current "legal" means of intimidation and when you have a bunch of lawyers running the place, they will bury you in legal bills.

Of course, it's win at any cost. Obama is perfect and you have no fear or concerns about him. He is the One you have been waiting for. Scary.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:52 am

Spinnerman,

this is the problem with your political posts: you think you know what the future holds and can predict it. If you had that power you'd have already won the lottery and every horse race run.

I believe your fear (of Democrats or liberals somehow allowing the world as we know it to collapse) is indeed a certainty (hell, that's already happened), but that's not the same as claiming to foreseeing how others will behave and how events will unfold. So put your thoughts out there as "your thoughts or your predictions."

The Washington Times and the New York Post are both widely regarded as "yellow" papers. that is, they have a conservative agenda and slant things "their" way. Lot's of writers do that, but at most RESPECTED media sources they have a staff that includes folks of all stripes.

Palin abused her power by bringing PERSONAL grudges to the job and attempting to influence others based on personal issues. Is it illegal? No. Is it proper? No. Does it demonstrate professionalism, proper ethics, and a knowledge of the proper role of government? No. I f she did this as a regualr person it would not have been an issue. When she does it as a person in a powerful position, it's abuse of power.

Moving on... Slander and libel are illegal. If these folks are telling the truth and their accusers cannot prove otherwise by a preponderance of evidence, they have nothing to fear. Let the truth ring out! Instead they cry because they were told up front if you slander or libel us, we won't stand for it. for them to cry is weak. Very weak.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:14 am

You don't get how intimidation by lawyer works.

How much will it cost to "win" the lawsuit? That is the best case scenario and it will drive most small groups to bankruptcy. You can be 100% certain you will win and it is still too expensive to fight. Right and wrong does not matter in this circumstance. It's a pure case of might makes right. Glad you are for the little guy. Yeah, right.

They are already threatening to do this. This is not speculation. This is an indisputable fact. They are making the threats publicly and you are defending them. Do you think they are going to stop after they win? :rofl: :rofl:

Lawyers and a purely amoral legalese mindset are one of the very destructive forces in the country now. It's driving doctors out of business because of skyrocketting malpractice premiums, which is driving health insurance costs up. Have you ever been involved in any organization where lawsuit protection wasn't a major topic. I was just talking to the President of our bowfishing club and avoiding lawsuits is one of the things we were talking about. John Edwards should have been in jail for fraud and not a V.P. candidate.

The only reason you vote for/against someone is because of what you expect to happen in the future. I'm telling you what I expect and why. You can't honestly believe Obama is going to give tax cuts to 95% of the people when only about 65% of the people pay taxes. Even Obama can't make the impossible happen in the future.

Besides, I'm not predicting a collapse, it will be a slow rot like the Democrat strongholds of the southside of Chicago, the Appalachia regions, etc. That's what happened in the past. Why would more of the same produce a different result in the future?

Do you have any fears about Obama at all? You are supposed to fear every politician. That is the American way. I see no fear of Obama from the left at all. That doesn't scare you in the least?
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:45 pm

What do you expect. We all watched the swiftboaters last time around. And some of us rmeber Willie Horton and Dukakis riding around in a tank, and all the crap heaped on all those candidates. So now Obama is supposed to just lay there and let wild accusations fly? Right.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Just how small are these poor folk who are being intimidated by big bad lawyers. You're not afraid of a dem with balls are ya?.. someone who calls BS at the first whiff. You cannot always have it both ways: he a wimp--no, he's too tough and mean--no he wants to give it all away to poor folk--no he wants to steal it all for himself and his crooked terrorist friends...AND take away our guns!

PLEEEEEZE, stop already. I'm gonna have nightmares.

I don't know why you continue to live in Chicago. It sounds like a hell hole what with all the crooked politicians, mean lawyers, the Cubs and the Bears. Come on out west. No pro teams in Idaho, but we do have television and sports bars (in Boise anyway). And the duck season goes from mid October to late January. Sure the huntin' sucks, but we've got all fall and half the winter to kill limit or two. (Warning: our politicians suck too. You have heard of Larry Craig and Bill Sali haven't you? A couple of winners to be sure, but these redneck Idahoans just love those guys. Truly entertaining and amazing.)
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:38 am

dudejcb wrote:We all watched the swiftboaters last time around.
Just like you were ignorant of Obama's proposal to give 95% of the people tax cuts, even though only 65% of them pay taxes, you are ignorant of the fact that the swift boat claims were true. Kerry lied about his service. He was not in Cambodia on Christmas Eve. He did say his fellow soldier acted like Ghengis Khan. They did not lie. You just bought the Democratic lies hook, line, and sinker like you are doing now.

dudejcb wrote:And some of us rmeber Willie Horton
I agree with Al Gore. Anybody that approves of a furlough program that allows murders to walk out of jail is unfit to be dog catcher and definitely not President. What is your probablem with the Willie Horton issue? Again this was 100% true.

dudejcb wrote:Just how small are these poor folk who are being intimidated by big bad lawyers.
Small TV stations and radio stations are truly small business. Many of them are barely making ends meet.

dudejcb wrote:You're not afraid of a dem with balls are ya
Terrified because it's going to be productive American's balls and they will put them in a vice.

dudejcb wrote:I don't know why you continue to live in Chicago.
That's where my job is. The only saving grace is I live outside Chicago and Cook County. It crosses my mind very often. I have a very good job that I like, I live in an area I like, and I make enough money that all the excess taxes and regulations do not harm me like someone making far less money. I've finally settled down and I really don't want to move. However, it's always in the back of my mind. I'm contemplating looking into jobs in North Carolina. I just have a really good job and it's hard to find something equivalent. I belong to a duck club that is 10 minutes from my house. Gander Mountain is literally the closest store to my house. I can fish for everything from salmon and steelhead to flying silver carp and virtually everything between. I'd have to give up a ton of things that would be hard to find somewhere else, but I think about it a lot.

dudejcb wrote:Come on out west. No pro teams in Idaho, but we do have television and sports bars (in Boise anyway).
I could probably go to Idaho Falls in a heart beat. Of course, my wife would divorce me before I left the state. Some days that doesn't sound so bad :rofl: I've lived out west. I liked Richland, WA. Didn't care for Los Alamos, NM.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:53 pm

There is another investigation report coming out soon by the committee that Palin and the Republicans wanted to do the investigation on abuse of power.
I predict it will also find that Palin abused her power as Governor.

Palin looks right in the camera and says the first report does not say that which is a lie.

Palin continues to be shielded from answering any questions from the press. So much for the pledge an open and transparent administration from McCain.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby eildydar » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:03 am

Pacific Fisher wrote:There is another investigation report coming out soon by the committee that Palin and the Republicans wanted to do the investigation on abuse of power.
I predict it will also find that Palin abused her power as Governor.

Palin looks right in the camera and says the first report does not say that which is a lie.

Palin continues to be shielded from answering any questions from the press. So much for the pledge an open and transparent administration from McCain.
I'm glad that Obama has done so many interviews lately...oh wait he hasn't, and why would he i mean he can just buy up every time slot and doesn't actually have to answer questions. Well that and when he does do any sort of talking without a teleprompter he has that small problem of telling the truth and then his poll numbers go down as you can tell from whats going on right now
eildydar
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum