"That's the Obama I know."

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

"That's the Obama I know."

Postby sdkidaho » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:49 am

Illinois State Rifle Association Executive Director Richard Pearson Issues Open Letter to Nation's Sportsmen Regarding Obama's History in the Illinois Senate

CHICAGO, Oct 15, 2008 /PRNewswire-USNewswire via COMTEX/ -- The following is the text of an open letter to the nation's hunters and sportsmen issued today by Illinois State Rifle Association Executive Director Richard Pearson:

Fellow Sportsman,
Hello, my name is Rich Pearson and I have been active in the firearm rights movement for over 40 years. For the past 15 years, I have served in the Illinois state capitol as the chief lobbyist for the Illinois State Rifle Association.

I lobbied Barack Obama extensively while he was an Illinois State Senator. As a result of that experience, I know Obama's attitudes toward guns and gun owners better than anyone. The truth be told, in all my years in the Capitol I have never met a legislator who harbors more contempt for the law-abiding firearm owner than does Barack Obama.

Although Obama claims to be an advocate for the 2nd Amendment, his voting record in the Illinois Senate paints a very different picture. While a state senator, Obama voted for a bill that would ban nearly every hunting rifle, shotgun and target rifle owned by Illinois citizens. That same bill would authorize the state police to raid homes of gun owners to forcibly confiscate banned guns. Obama supported a bill that would shut down law-abiding firearm manufacturers including Springfield Armory, Armalite, Rock River Arms and Les Baer. Obama also voted for a bill that would prohibit law-abiding citizens from purchasing more than one gun per month.

Without a doubt, Barack Obama has proven himself to be an enemy of the law abiding firearm owner. At the same time, Obama has proven himself to be a friend to the hardened criminal. While a state senator, Obama voted 4 times against legislation that would allow a homeowner to use a firearm in defense of home and family.

Does Barack Obama still sound to you like a "friend" of the law-abiding gun owner?

And speaking of friends, you can always tell a person by the company they keep. Obama counts among his friends the Rev. Michael Pfleger - a renegade Chicago priest who has openly called for the murder of gun shop owners and pro-gun legislators. Then there is his buddy Richard Daley, the mayor of Chicago who has declared that if it were up to him, nobody would be allowed to own a gun. And let's not forget Obama's pal George Soros - the guy who has pumped millions of dollars into the UN's international effort to disarm law-abiding citizens.

Obama has shown that he is more than willing to use other people's money to fund his campaign to take your guns away from you. While a board member of the leftist Joyce Foundation, Barack Obama wrote checks for tens of millions of dollars to extremist gun control organizations such as the Illinois Council Against Handgun Violence and the Violence Policy Center.

Does Barack Obama still sound to you like a "friend" of the law-abiding gun owner?

By now, I'm sure that many of you have received mailings from an organization called "American Hunters and Shooters Association(AHSA)" talking about what a swell fellow Obama is and how he honors the 2nd Amendment and how you will never have to worry about Obama coming to take your guns. Let me make it perfectly clear - everything the AHSA says about Obama is pure hogwash. The AHSA is headed by a group of left-wing elitists who subscribe to the British view of hunting and shooting. That is, a state of affairs where hunting and shooting are reserved for the wealthy upper-crust who can afford guided hunts on exclusive private reserves. The AHSA is not your friend, never will be.

In closing, I'd like to remind you that I'm a guy who has actually gone nose to nose with Obama on gun rights issues. The Obama I know cannot even begin to identify with this nation's outdoor traditions. The Obama I know sees you, the law abiding gun owner, as nothing but a low-class lummox who is easily swayed by the flash of a smile and a ration of rosy rhetoric. The Obama I know is a stony-faced liar who has honed his skill at getting what he wants - so long as people are willing to give it to him.

That's the Barack Obama I know.

The ISRA is the state's leading advocate of safe, lawful and responsible firearms ownership. Founded in 1903, the ISRA has represented the interests of millions of law-abiding Illinois firearm owners.

This press release was posted on PRnewswire.
If you must burn our flag, please wrap yourself in it first.
User avatar
sdkidaho
hunter
 
Posts: 290
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 8:47 am


Postby jaysweet3 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:23 pm

Being from Obama's home state, I have seen, been fighting, and voting against this for several years. Same old Obama, every chance he gets he votes anti. Now when he is a part of a National election, out of his safe liberal state. He sees that he may need to appeal to a broader constituency. He says whatever he needs to, in order to get elected. Even if it is against the way he thinks and has voted his whole career. If he wins,he will appoint anti second judges and push for anti legislation. I hope everyone likes throwing rocks at ducks.
User avatar
jaysweet3
hunter
 
Posts: 8847
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:42 am
Location: N. Illinois

Postby semo88 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:08 pm

It’s unfortunate that some of you actually buy into the scare tactics you’re being fed. Every election we’re told that the Democratic candidate will take away every single gun. After every election, it never happens, yet people buy into the propaganda year after year.

If Obama becomes President, you may very well lose the right to own those weapons considered “assault weapons.” As a hunter, and not a “shooter” I could care less if folks aren’t allowed to use guns that have a folding stock and a bayonet (etc, etc), unless one day I forget my gutting knife while deer hunting. I don’t think anybody needs flash suppresors and a magazine with more than 5 rounds, so if they are banned it doesn’t bother me that much. Spare me your rhetoric on “that’s just the first step, once they have those the next target is your hunting gun.” No it’s not. Neither political party is stupid enough to let the radicals of their party dictate a piece of legislation that would likely cost them millions of votes in the next election, and despite what rants and “facts” trying to convince me otherwise that are sure to follow this post, all Democrats do not want to ban all guns, just some of the extremists.
semo88
hunter
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:11 pm
Location: Missouri

Postby kingvjack » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:30 pm

semo88 wrote:It’s unfortunate that some of you actually buy into the scare tactics you’re being fed. Every election we’re told that the Democratic candidate will take away every single gun. After every election, it never happens, yet people buy into the propaganda year after year.

If Obama becomes President, you may very well lose the right to own those weapons considered “assault weapons.” As a hunter, and not a “shooter” I could care less if folks aren’t allowed to use guns that have a folding stock and a bayonet (etc, etc), unless one day I forget my gutting knife while deer hunting. I don’t think anybody needs flash suppresors and a magazine with more than 5 rounds, so if they are banned it doesn’t bother me that much. Spare me your rhetoric on “that’s just the first step, once they have those the next target is your hunting gun.” No it’s not. Neither political party is stupid enough to let the radicals of their party dictate a piece of legislation that would likely cost them millions of votes in the next election, and despite what rants and “facts” trying to convince me otherwise that are sure to follow this post, all Democrats do not want to ban all guns, just some of the extremists.


And that.... is the truth, plain and simple....
I own a ton of guns... I'll register every damn one of em.
I don't believe anyone can take em away, Its actually a right, unlike your health care.
I don't believe everyone should own guns, its an absolutely rediculous idea.
I'd also like for alot of folks to do some research on your ol pal McCain, he who has not held your oh so special pro life stance for very long... It also a cater to your base tactic.
I can't vote for Obama because he wants to enact voting rights to 5 million convicted felons because that hinders 13% of the black population from voting (true stat).
I can't vote for Mccain because I stand with a group of veterans who can't stand this tardass and remember when he voted to pull the plug and funding to our troops fighting in mogadishu, he originally voted against budgets enacted to fund proper war fighting equipment...
More cost cutting, fight the war.... on your own.... true patriot crap right?
kingvjack
hunter
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:14 pm
Location: El Dorado KS

Postby plainsman » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:31 pm

semo88 wrote:It’s unfortunate that some of you actually buy into the scare tactics you’re being fed. Every election we’re told that the Democratic candidate will take away every single gun. After every election, it never happens, yet people buy into the propaganda year after year.

I'd say his voting record speaks for itself :hammer:
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
User avatar
plainsman
hunter
 
Posts: 1281
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:33 pm
Location: South Alberta,Canada

Postby Redline29 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:33 pm

semo88 wrote:It’s unfortunate that some of you actually buy into the scare tactics you’re being fed. Every election we’re told that the Democratic candidate will take away every single gun. After every election, it never happens, yet people buy into the propaganda year after year.

If Obama becomes President, you may very well lose the right to own those weapons considered “assault weapons.” As a hunter, and not a “shooter” I could care less if folks aren’t allowed to use guns that have a folding stock and a bayonet (etc, etc), unless one day I forget my gutting knife while deer hunting. I don’t think anybody needs flash suppresors and a magazine with more than 5 rounds, so if they are banned it doesn’t bother me that much. Spare me your rhetoric on “that’s just the first step, once they have those the next target is your hunting gun.” No it’s not. Neither political party is stupid enough to let the radicals of their party dictate a piece of legislation that would likely cost them millions of votes in the next election, and despite what rants and “facts” trying to convince me otherwise that are sure to follow this post, all Democrats do not want to ban all guns, just some of the extremists.


And your apithy is what is wrong with America. You, sir, are a fool.
You deserve niether freedom nor liberty..you have sold your soul to the cool aid drinkers...hope it tastes good.
20 Jan 2009...the beginning of an error.
User avatar
Redline29
hunter
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 11:55 pm
Location: NW, PA

Postby kingvjack » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:46 pm

Redline29 wrote:
semo88 wrote:It’s unfortunate that some of you actually buy into the scare tactics you’re being fed. Every election we’re told that the Democratic candidate will take away every single gun. After every election, it never happens, yet people buy into the propaganda year after year.

If Obama becomes President, you may very well lose the right to own those weapons considered “assault weapons.” As a hunter, and not a “shooter” I could care less if folks aren’t allowed to use guns that have a folding stock and a bayonet (etc, etc), unless one day I forget my gutting knife while deer hunting. I don’t think anybody needs flash suppresors and a magazine with more than 5 rounds, so if they are banned it doesn’t bother me that much. Spare me your rhetoric on “that’s just the first step, once they have those the next target is your hunting gun.” No it’s not. Neither political party is stupid enough to let the radicals of their party dictate a piece of legislation that would likely cost them millions of votes in the next election, and despite what rants and “facts” trying to convince me otherwise that are sure to follow this post, all Democrats do not want to ban all guns, just some of the extremists.


And your apithy is what is wrong with America. You, sir, are a fool.
You deserve niether freedom nor liberty..you have sold your soul to the cool aid drinkers...hope it tastes good.


What is Apithy?
Anywho.... ya know whats wrong with America?
The fact that some jackass can jump on the internet and call someone a fool because their views don't jive with your own. I'm proud to know I served in the military to uphold the freadoms and rights that some hold so dearly and take advantage of all day long.
If you puzzy astards ever actually took it upon yourself to appreciate this place and do something for it than hump the american dream every friggin day. this country would improve dramatically. Get off the friggin internet, grow a pair. Do something with your selves and don't say somethin to someone that you wouldn't say to their faces. Act like a proud American, and not some freeloading piece of dirt.
kingvjack
hunter
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:14 pm
Location: El Dorado KS

Postby DuckinFool » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:54 pm

semo88 wrote:It’s unfortunate that some of you actually buy into the scare tactics you’re being fed. Every election we’re told that the Democratic candidate will take away every single gun. After every election, it never happens, yet people buy into the propaganda year after year.

If Obama becomes President, you may very well lose the right to own those weapons considered “assault weapons.” As a hunter, and not a “shooter” I could care less if folks aren’t allowed to use guns that have a folding stock and a bayonet (etc, etc), unless one day I forget my gutting knife while deer hunting. I don’t think anybody needs flash suppresors and a magazine with more than 5 rounds, so if they are banned it doesn’t bother me that much. Spare me your rhetoric on “that’s just the first step, once they have those the next target is your hunting gun.” No it’s not. Neither political party is stupid enough to let the radicals of their party dictate a piece of legislation that would likely cost them millions of votes in the next election, and despite what rants and “facts” trying to convince me otherwise that are sure to follow this post, all Democrats do not want to ban all guns, just some of the extremists.



Here in Illinois we are required to have a valid Firearm Owners Identification Card in order to buy, sell or have in possession a firearm. This card is also required to even buy a box of shotgun shells or .22 rifle shells.

Our current crooked Gov when he was in the state legislature introduced legislation to raise the price on the card from the then $5 for 5 years fee to $500 for 1 year. Obama supported his good buddy in his effort. No surprise since they both are the product of the Chicago Political Machine who have no qualms at all with stripping away a gunowners rights. This law did not pertain to only assault type weapons but to all firearms and ammunitions.

To stand up and say obama is not a threat to gun ownership is ignorant and clueless.
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Image
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
User avatar
DuckinFool
hunter
 
Posts: 1495
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:47 am
Location: Southern Illinois

Postby semo88 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:02 pm

plainsman wrote:
semo88 wrote:It’s unfortunate that some of you actually buy into the scare tactics you’re being fed. Every election we’re told that the Democratic candidate will take away every single gun. After every election, it never happens, yet people buy into the propaganda year after year.

I'd say his voting record speaks for itself :hammer:


I’m very aware of his voting record. How could I forget on here. How many 20 gauge pump shotguns have been outlawed in his jurisdiction? Or even 12 gauge semis for that matter (again, unless they include 2 ore more of the criteria set by the “Clinton Ban”, they don’t fall under the law Obama plans to re-sign anyway).

This is for all of you who have seriously believe all that you’ve been told, that the Democrats will take away your guns. This is not an insult, this is a call to practice what you preach, and to back up your talk with action…if you are so afraid of losing your guns, man up and use them for what you claim so adamantly that they are for. Defend yourself from government. Isn’t that what you claim they’re for? To fight for your rights and defend yourself against government? Or is that just some rhetoric to wrap around a political issue that never has much of a significant effect on anyone other than to persuade gullible voters? From your own mouths, the 2nd amendment’s purpose is to protect the right to own guns that are intended to be used to defend yourself from an overbearing government.
semo88
hunter
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:11 pm
Location: Missouri

Postby DuckinFool » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:02 pm

What is the difference in calling someone a fool or a freeloading piece of dirt? :rolleyes:
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Image
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
User avatar
DuckinFool
hunter
 
Posts: 1495
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2005 6:47 am
Location: Southern Illinois

Postby jaysweet3 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:19 pm

Semo, you are lucky enough to live ina state where politicans aren't trying to ban guns. I do. Every year we have legislation up for votes that would ban any gun with a magazine. Shotguns included.

The tactic that you choose to use over and over again on this topic, is that it won't happen. Every year, I see them try to make it happen. Plain and simpe you are wrong. Politicans like Obama want to take all guns away...All of them.
User avatar
jaysweet3
hunter
 
Posts: 8847
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:42 am
Location: N. Illinois

Postby kingvjack » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:20 pm

DuckinFool wrote:What is the difference in calling someone a fool or a freeloading piece of dirt? :rolleyes:

In the latter, maybe the fact that you can either be a fool or act like a piece of dirt.
How you comprehend english is another case altogether.
kingvjack
hunter
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:14 pm
Location: El Dorado KS

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:05 pm

Heres a thought how about we all quit calling people fools and other names and just drop it. No one is going to change what there thoughts are no amount of arguing will convince me Obama is not a lying snake who wants to take all of our guns and no amount of arguing will convince you other guys that he is. So with that said either Obama or McCain is going to get in and only then will we know what they will do. If Obama does do all these negative things that we said he would then we are going to rub it in your face. Same with McCain if he does stupid negative things you have my permission to shove it and smear it in my face. So like I said we will see who is right and who is wrong but until then lets not call eachother names.
User avatar
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter
 
Posts: 6081
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Southern Wisconsin

Postby jehler » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:26 pm

what's wrong with humping the american dream? :huh:
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17517
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Postby mydogearl » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:15 pm

I will agree with you semo about using the guns to defend against the government. If they are coming door to door taking away my guns I can't honestly say that I am gonna go off shooting. I would say that only about 1% (probably less) of people who say this will actually fight for them in this fashion. Besides, my ak isn't gonna stand a chance against today's weapons. If I'm a threat, they'll probably send some heatseaker and vaporize me from a mile away. You only live once so I'm not going to die over some guns.

With that being said, you say your hunter, not a shooter. Same here for the most part. I own way too many guns and don't hardly shoot most of them. But what about the people that do? They are not harming anyone by collecting and/or shooting for a hobby. Just because you won't be affected personally doesn't mean that it's ok for them to take away our rights. I HATE THE IDEA OF THE GOVERNMENT TRYING TO TELL US WHAT TO DO.

And I can't stress this OBVIOUS point enough....It is such a proven fact that gun control has a directly proportional affect on gun crimes committed. Why do guns get the blame for stupid people's actions? But I, like most of you know the answer. The government really doesn't care. It is all a political thing, your either on one side or the other.
User avatar
mydogearl
hunter
 
Posts: 392
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:35 pm
Location: southern OHIO

Postby semo88 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:30 pm

mydogearl wrote:I will agree with you semo about using the guns to defend against the government. If they are coming door to door taking away my guns I can't honestly say that I am gonna go off shooting. I would say that only about 1% (probably less) of people who say this will actually fight for them in this fashion. Besides, my ak isn't gonna stand a chance against today's weapons. If I'm a threat, they'll probably send some heatseaker and vaporize me from a mile away. You only live once so I'm not going to die over some guns.

With that being said, you say your hunter, not a shooter. Same here for the most part. I own way too many guns and don't hardly shoot most of them. But what about the people that do? They are not harming anyone by collecting and/or shooting for a hobby. Just because you won't be affected personally doesn't mean that it's ok for them to take away our rights. I HATE THE IDEA OF THE GOVERNMENT TRYING TO TELL US WHAT TO DO.

And I can't stress this OBVIOUS point enough....It is such a proven fact that gun control has a directly proportional affect on gun crimes committed. Why do guns get the blame for stupid people's actions? But I, like most of you know the answer. The government really doesn't care. It is all a political thing, your either on one side or the other.


Thank you for posting a logical, level-headed response and not spewing rhetoric and implying that because we don’t agree 100% that I’m somehow inferior. That’s about the 3rd post I’ve read in this whole forum like that :biggrin: .
semo88
hunter
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:11 pm
Location: Missouri

Postby Redline29 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:54 pm

kingvjack wrote:
Redline29 wrote:
semo88 wrote:It’s unfortunate that some of you actually buy into the scare tactics you’re being fed. Every election we’re told that the Democratic candidate will take away every single gun. After every election, it never happens, yet people buy into the propaganda year after year.

If Obama becomes President, you may very well lose the right to own those weapons considered “assault weapons.” As a hunter, and not a “shooter” I could care less if folks aren’t allowed to use guns that have a folding stock and a bayonet (etc, etc), unless one day I forget my gutting knife while deer hunting. I don’t think anybody needs flash suppresors and a magazine with more than 5 rounds, so if they are banned it doesn’t bother me that much. Spare me your rhetoric on “that’s just the first step, once they have those the next target is your hunting gun.” No it’s not. Neither political party is stupid enough to let the radicals of their party dictate a piece of legislation that would likely cost them millions of votes in the next election, and despite what rants and “facts” trying to convince me otherwise that are sure to follow this post, all Democrats do not want to ban all guns, just some of the extremists.


And your apithy is what is wrong with America. You, sir, are a fool.
You deserve niether freedom nor liberty..you have sold your soul to the cool aid drinkers...hope it tastes good.


What is Apithy?
Anywho.... ya know whats wrong with America?
The fact that some jackass can jump on the internet and call someone a fool because their views don't jive with your own. I'm proud to know I served in the military to uphold the freadoms and rights that some hold so dearly and take advantage of all day long.
If you puzzy astards ever actually took it upon yourself to appreciate this place and do something for it than hump the american dream every friggin day. this country would improve dramatically. Get off the friggin internet, grow a pair. Do something with your selves and don't say somethin to someone that you wouldn't say to their faces. Act like a proud American, and not some freeloading piece of dirt.


I am a vet so we can get that out of the way right off the bat. What is humping the American dream? I have to understand what that means, maybe I am doing something wrong by going to work everyday.

Apathy(sorry for the typo before) is this "That will never happen here" syndrome that seems to be going around. And anybody who thinks that, is a fool. That is not name calling or an attack. It is foolish thinking. I would not call somebody a fool if they liked rap and hip-hop and I think it sucks. That would be attacking an opinion.

Maybe us "puzzy astards" are doing something by trying to educate those that do not want to listen to reason and logic and see at face value what is going on. We are looking at Obama being Pres, and a democrate congress and a democrate majority in the senate. Liberals hate the public being armed. And with the above recipe there is nothing from stopping them from doing it.

We are on a slippery slope into socialism right now and some people do not want to see it for what it is. And you, King V, took an oath the same as I did, to uphold the consititution against all eneimes foreign and DOMESTIC.

And to you Semo88. ask your self two questions, have gun bans happend any place else in the world through out time? And what has been the result? That is what could happen. And for the other thing you said...if it gets bad enough and freedom is being at risk, yes i will lay down my life to protect it. I only pray it never has to come down to that, and through educating others, hopfuly it never will. But the other option is always one the table.
20 Jan 2009...the beginning of an error.
User avatar
Redline29
hunter
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 11:55 pm
Location: NW, PA

Postby semo88 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:06 pm

Thank YOU redline, for an intelligent post. While I don’t necessarily agree with all the points made, I am glad to see posts that resemble decent people having a heated debate, not propaganda, slanted and skewed facts, and name calling.
semo88
hunter
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:11 pm
Location: Missouri

Postby Preacher1011 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:19 pm

kingvjack wrote:
Redline29 wrote:
semo88 wrote:It’s unfortunate that some of you actually buy into the scare tactics you’re being fed. Every election we’re told that the Democratic candidate will take away every single gun. After every election, it never happens, yet people buy into the propaganda year after year.

If Obama becomes President, you may very well lose the right to own those weapons considered “assault weapons.” As a hunter, and not a “shooter” I could care less if folks aren’t allowed to use guns that have a folding stock and a bayonet (etc, etc), unless one day I forget my gutting knife while deer hunting. I don’t think anybody needs flash suppresors and a magazine with more than 5 rounds, so if they are banned it doesn’t bother me that much. Spare me your rhetoric on “that’s just the first step, once they have those the next target is your hunting gun.” No it’s not. Neither political party is stupid enough to let the radicals of their party dictate a piece of legislation that would likely cost them millions of votes in the next election, and despite what rants and “facts” trying to convince me otherwise that are sure to follow this post, all Democrats do not want to ban all guns, just some of the extremists.


And your apithy is what is wrong with America. You, sir, are a fool.
You deserve niether freedom nor liberty..you have sold your soul to the cool aid drinkers...hope it tastes good.


What is Apithy?
Anywho.... ya know whats wrong with America?
The fact that some jackass can jump on the internet and call someone a fool because their views don't jive with your own. I'm proud to know I served in the military to uphold the freadoms and rights that some hold so dearly and take advantage of all day long.
If you puzzy astards ever actually took it upon yourself to appreciate this place and do something for it than hump the american dream every friggin day. this country would improve dramatically. Get off the friggin internet, grow a pair. Do something with your selves and don't say somethin to someone that you wouldn't say to their faces. Act like a proud American, and not some freeloading piece of dirt.


I love how people throw the whole group into a sterotype. There are people that tried to server in the military and can't. I guess because medical issues kept me out of something I worked @ss off for my whole life to do makes me and people like me freeloading pieces of dirt right? :rolleyes:

If you REALLY want to get into it we all do our share to make America America unless you are the low life mooching off welfare. And believe it or not some of them actually try.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.


jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?


Image
User avatar
Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 8474
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: Blount County, TN

Postby kingvjack » Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:12 am

Redline29 wrote:
kingvjack wrote:
Redline29 wrote:
semo88 wrote:It’s unfortunate that some of you actually buy into the scare tactics you’re being fed. Every election we’re told that the Democratic candidate will take away every single gun. After every election, it never happens, yet people buy into the propaganda year after year.

If Obama becomes President, you may very well lose the right to own those weapons considered “assault weapons.” As a hunter, and not a “shooter” I could care less if folks aren’t allowed to use guns that have a folding stock and a bayonet (etc, etc), unless one day I forget my gutting knife while deer hunting. I don’t think anybody needs flash suppresors and a magazine with more than 5 rounds, so if they are banned it doesn’t bother me that much. Spare me your rhetoric on “that’s just the first step, once they have those the next target is your hunting gun.” No it’s not. Neither political party is stupid enough to let the radicals of their party dictate a piece of legislation that would likely cost them millions of votes in the next election, and despite what rants and “facts” trying to convince me otherwise that are sure to follow this post, all Democrats do not want to ban all guns, just some of the extremists.


And your apithy is what is wrong with America. You, sir, are a fool.
You deserve niether freedom nor liberty..you have sold your soul to the cool aid drinkers...hope it tastes good.


What is Apithy?
Anywho.... ya know whats wrong with America?
The fact that some jackass can jump on the internet and call someone a fool because their views don't jive with your own. I'm proud to know I served in the military to uphold the freadoms and rights that some hold so dearly and take advantage of all day long.
If you puzzy astards ever actually took it upon yourself to appreciate this place and do something for it than hump the american dream every friggin day. this country would improve dramatically. Get off the friggin internet, grow a pair. Do something with your selves and don't say somethin to someone that you wouldn't say to their faces. Act like a proud American, and not some freeloading piece of dirt.


I am a vet so we can get that out of the way right off the bat. What is humping the American dream? I have to understand what that means, maybe I am doing something wrong by going to work everyday.

Apathy(sorry for the typo before) is this "That will never happen here" syndrome that seems to be going around. And anybody who thinks that, is a fool. That is not name calling or an attack. It is foolish thinking. I would not call somebody a fool if they liked rap and hip-hop and I think it sucks. That would be attacking an opinion.

Maybe us "puzzy astards" are doing something by trying to educate those that do not want to listen to reason and logic and see at face value what is going on. We are looking at Obama being Pres, and a democrate congress and a democrate majority in the senate. Liberals hate the public being armed. And with the above recipe there is nothing from stopping them from doing it.

We are on a slippery slope into socialism right now and some people do not want to see it for what it is. And you, King V, took an oath the same as I did, to uphold the consititution against all eneimes foreign and DOMESTIC.

And to you Semo88. ask your self two questions, have gun bans happend any place else in the world through out time? And what has been the result? That is what could happen. And for the other thing you said...if it gets bad enough and freedom is being at risk, yes i will lay down my life to protect it. I only pray it never has to come down to that, and through educating others, hopfuly it never will. But the other option is always one the table.


Propaganda,
And no one made a point or backed up a post with facts... Just made a desperate attempt to look smart and post opinions and hearsay.
Get a friggin life.
kingvjack
hunter
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:14 pm
Location: El Dorado KS

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:00 am

semo88 wrote:Every election we’re told that the Democratic candidate will take away every single gun.
You're not listening. It's dived and conquer. They will only take a piece at a time. Saturday night specials. Assualt weapons. High capacity clips. It has happened in England and Australia, but there is no risk of that happening here :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: How did it happen there? And why do you think the people with the exact same political philosphy don't want to do the same thing in this country?

Any politician that doesn't trust me with a gun, I am not going to trust with all of the guns.

semo88 wrote:If Obama becomes President, you may very well lose the right to own those weapons considered “assault weapons.”
The first draft of every assault weapon includes semi-automatic shotguns. Automatic weapons are already illegal. The so-called assault weapons are semi-automatic. That inlcudes every semi-automatic shotgun that a large fraction of the duck hunters, including myself, uses for hunting.

You cannot distinguish betwee assualt weapons and ordinary weapons because there is no significant difference. I can empty my assualt shotgun in about 1 second. I can empty my pump shotgun in about 2 seconds. I see why they need to be banned :no: The assault weapons bans that have passed have ended up with stupid cosmetic differences or specifically listed models to get enough suckers like yourself to look the other way.

What guns should be legal? Small handguns? Semi-automatics? Pumps? Guns that hold more than 6 shells? Where is the line? Where is your line?

Obama said that all handguns should be banned. Do you agree?
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16432
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Postby GroundSwatter » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:13 am

semo88 wrote:From your own mouths, the 2nd amendment’s purpose is to protect the right to own guns that are intended to be used to defend yourself from an overbearing government.


Lets not banter back and forth about this one, lets consult our founding fathers on what the purpose of the 2nd amendment is.



Patrick Henry wrote:"Are we at last brought to such an humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defense? Where is the difference between having our arms under our own possesion and under our own direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"


Thomas Jefferson wrote:"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms. . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -- Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764


Patrick Henry wrote:"Gaurd with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"




I honestly have a hard time seeing how people don't think Obama doesn't threaten your 2nd Amendment. Even if he doesn't move to pass Anti-gun legislation directly, he is likely to appoint a couple of supreme court justices, as a few of them are getting up there in age. What happens when the DC gun ban, that won narrowly by a 5-4 vote, goes the other way when Obama puts in his own guy.

I still don't think you guys fully comprehend this. A split decision on your 2nd Amendment. Washington DC had a gun ban, something that is illegal based on your 2nd Amendment, and it was a split decision as to whether it was right or not.

Again, I don't know for a fact that Obama will push anti-gun legislation, although it seems like they will vote for more and more restrictions as its the democratic way, but I do know if he appoints a Supreme Court Justice, the next time one of those pieces of legislation comes up in front of them, our 2nd Amendment is gone and once the 2nd is gone, who or what is going to be left to defend the 1st.

kingvjack wrote:I own a ton of guns... I'll register every damn one of em.
I don't believe anyone can take em away, Its actually a right, unlike your health care.
I don't believe everyone should own guns, its an absolutely rediculous idea.


Who do you think will pay for this registration program. Us, the lowly tax payers. Why would we ever implement a registration except in an exercise to waste money. Why would you ever vote to tax yourself more and have fewer freedoms. :huh:

And BTW, not everyone can legally buy a gun, such as criminals and the mentally ill. Too bad there are illegal methods to attain them and I don't think a registration system will do anything to prevent illegal firearm sales.

Just look at our war on drugs and how much money we have sunk into that. You see how that stopped the illegal sale and importation of drugs. Gun registration will only cause unnecessary suspicion of legal law abiding gun owners. And lets face it, that pretty much who the anti-gun legislatures want to punish, the legal law abiding citizens.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
User avatar
GroundSwatter
hunter
 
Posts: 3643
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:22 pm
Location: GTMO from NE Texas

Postby GroundSwatter » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:35 am

spinnerman wrote:Any politician that doesn't trust me with a gun, I am not going to trust with all of the guns.


Spinner you must have sneaked your post in while I was still typing mine, but Amen.

Let the ignorant vote away their rights. In a perfect world, nobody would need guns, but last time I checked, this world isn't perfect and the criminals get guns no matter what. If only the government has guns, then what stops them from being criminal.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
User avatar
GroundSwatter
hunter
 
Posts: 3643
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:22 pm
Location: GTMO from NE Texas


Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests