Colin Powell endorses Barack Obama for president.

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Colin Powell endorses Barack Obama for president.

Postby Pacific Fisher » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:38 am

Well known, radical, liberal, former Bush Cabinet member, General Colin Powell has endorsed Obama.
C.B.

Powell Endorses Obama
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix ... v=rss_blog

After months of hints and speculation, former Secretary of State Colin Powell endorsed the presidential candidacy of Barack Obama this morning, a huge vote of confidence in the Illinois Democrat with just 16 days left before the November election.

"He has both style and substance," Powell said of Obama on NBC's "Meet the Press". "I think he is a transformational figure."

As we wrote on Friday, the Powell endorsement carries huge symbolic importance -- not only is he a former high-ranking member of President Bush's Cabinet but he also was the most visible face in making the case for the war against Iraq.

Powell's endorsement complicates any attempt by John McCain and others within the Republican Party to cast Obama as naive on world affairs and unready to lead in a dangerous time. Obama now has a ready retort: "Well, Colin Powell seems to trust my judgment; that's why he endorsed me."

In politics, timing is everything and Powell's endorsement comes at a sweet spot for Obama.

Yesterday in Missouri he drew an estimated 100,000 people to a St. Louis rally, and then this morning his campaign announced that it had raised a stunning $150 million in September alone -- more than double his best previous month of cash collection. And now, an endorsement from a man who is -- arguably -- the most popular political figure in the country.

Did we mention the election is in 16 days?
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:58 am

Didn't Powell help propogate the alledged "big lie" in Iraq? :yes:
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Re: Colin Powell endorses Barack Obama for president.

Postby semo88 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:01 am

Pacific Fisher wrote:not only is he a former high-ranking member of President Bush's Cabinet but he also was the most visible face in making the case for the war against Iraq.

Yes Duckin', I believe that's the point.
semo88
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:28 pm

Yep, the same Colin Powell who later admitted that making the case for the war in Iraq was the worst moment of his life, after realizing he and we had been duped by the Cheney gang.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby Redline29 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:36 pm

Dear lord..."duped by cheney SQUAWK...dudep by Cheney SQUAWK"
You people are freaking parrots...you get taught a sentance and that is the only thing you know how to say...cripes.

EVERYBODY knew he had these weapons, Germany, France you name it.

Anyway, I am sure Powell sold his endrosment for a spot at the Obama table.
20 Jan 2009...the beginning of an error.
Redline29
hunter

Postby semo88 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:56 pm

Redline29 wrote:Dear lord..."duped by cheney SQUAWK...dudep by Cheney SQUAWK"
You people are freaking parrots...you get taught a sentance and that is the only thing you know how to say...cripes.

It's sad to see people like you...anything that doesn't agree with your beliefs is just corrupt and stupid. :no: Closed-mindedness is a sad thing to witness.
semo88
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:12 pm

Pacific Fisher wrote:Yep, the same Colin Powell who later admitted that making the case for the war in Iraq was the worst moment of his life, after realizing he and we had been duped by the Cheney gang.

So exactly who was it that "duped" all these now outraged Dems and Slick Willy during his administration when milk factories were being bombed in Iraq? :biggrin:
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby Redline29 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:40 pm

semo88 wrote:
Redline29 wrote:Dear lord..."duped by cheney SQUAWK...dudep by Cheney SQUAWK"

It's sad to see people like you...anything that doesn't agree with your beliefs is just corrupt and stupid. :no: Closed-mindedness is a sad thing to witness.

No, it is not that I think people that disargee with me are stupid. What I find stupid is when people ignore the facts and just parrot left wing talking points.

If close mindedness means that I think we should return to the ideals of the founding fathers, then I guess i am close minded.

Andrew Wilkow has pretty much summed it up with this.

TWO WAY MEDIA PERCEPTIONS
OK...here it is a list of two way media perceptions. It seems the broadcast liberals have decided when your attributes are assets or drawbacks. So feel free to circulate these........

IF YOU HAVE SPENT TIME IN WASHINGTON:
CONSERVATIVE…YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM

LIBERAL…YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE

IF YOU DON'T HAVE TIME IN WASHINGTON:
CONSERVATIVE….YOU HAVE NO EXPERIENCE.
LIBERAL….YOU REPRESENT CHANGE

IF YOU HAVE WEALTH:
CONSERVATIVE…YOU ARE GREEDY AND A CHEAT
WHO HAD ADVANTAGES IN LIFE
LIBERAL…YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL AND YOUR LIFE

STORY IS AN INSPIRATION.

IF YOU DON'T HAVE WEALTH:
CONSERVATIVE…YOU ARE LOW CLASS.
LIBERAL…YOU ARE DISADVANTAGED

IF YOU WENT TO COLLEGE:
CONSERVATIVE…YOUR ACADEMIC PEDIGREE IS SCRUTINIZED
LIBERAL….YOUR DEGREE SPEAKS FOR ITSELF.

IF YOU DIDN'T GO TO COLLEGE:
CONSERVATIVE…YOU ARE UN-EDUCATED
LIBERAL…YOU ARE AN ARTIST/ACTIVIST

IF YOU OWN A BUSINESS:
CONSERVAITVE…YOU ARE A PROFITEER
LIBERAL…YOU PROVIDE JOBS TO THE COMMUNITY

IF YOU ARE WORKING CLASS:
CONSERVATIVE….YOU'RE JUST A (INSERT JOB TITLE OR TRADE).
LIBERAL…YOU ARE A PROLETARIAT WHO FINDS STRENGTH IN NUMBERS.

IF YOU BELIEVE IN THE WISDOM OF THE CONSTITUTION:
CONSERVATIVE…YOU ARE NARROW MINDED.
LIBERAL…YOU ARE A CIVIL LIBERTARIAN.

IF YOU BELIEVE IN INDIVIDUAL FREEDOMS:
CONSERVATIVE….YOU HAVE MADE PEACE WITH INEQUALITY
LIBERAL….YOU ARE FOR CHOICE.

IF YOU TAKE TO THE STREETS TO VOICE YOUR OPINONS:
CONSERVATIVE…YOU ARE A THUG
LIBERAL…YOU ARE A DEMONSTRATOR.

IF YOU ARE RELIGIOUS:
CONSERVATIVE….YOU ARE A FUNDAMENTALIST.
LIBERAL…YOU ARE SPIRITUAL.

IF YOU ARE SERVING IN THE MILITARY:
CONSERVATIVE…YOU ARE A MINDLESS KILLER
LIBERAL…YOU WEAR THE UNIFORM OF YOUR COUNTRY.

IF YOU ARE POPULAR:
CONSERVAITVE….YOU HAVE BLIND SHEEP FOLLOWERS
LIBERAL…YOU ARE LEADING A MOVEMENT.

IF YOU ARE ATTRACTIVE:
CONSERVATIVE…YOU ARE SHALLOW AND EMPTY
LIBERAL…YOU ARE STUNNING AND A TREND SETTER.

IF YOU ARE UN-ATTRACTIVE:
CONSERVAITVE…YOU ARE JUST UGLY.
LIBERAL…YOU ARE TOO INTELLECTUAL TO BE CONCERNED WITH YOUR APPEARANCE.

IF YOU ENJOY AN OUTDOORS LIFESTYLE:
CONSERVATIVE…YOU ARE A HICK
LIBERAL…YOU ARE EARTHY.

Sorry about the CAPS, but I was not going to re-type all that.

But back to the point, if you are a conservitive and supported the war...you are a war monger filled with hate.
If you are a liberal and supported the war you where lied to and was fooled by Bush and his gang of corrupt thugs.
Redline29
hunter

Postby semo88 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:53 pm

Sure there’s bias in the news. If you want liberal bias, watch MSNBC. IF you want conservative bias, watch FoxNews. It’s all biased, just depends on what station you’re watching as to how biased and which way the slant goes.

My biggest complaint with your last post was the line about Powell’s endorsement. No way was it just a guy endorsing who he thinks is the best candidate, we couldn’t leave it at that, it wouldn’t be the way most of the people on this website work…then you wouldn’t get a chance to bash. Instead, you turned it into Powell selling his endorsement. Sounds a lot like something the McCain camp would pull…
semo88
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:17 pm

Anybody care to answer my question about who it was duping the Dems and Clinton about iraq and WMD's during Clinton's administration? :biggrin:
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby Redline29 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:49 pm

semo88 wrote:Sure there’s bias in the news. If you want liberal bias, watch MSNBC. IF you want conservative bias, watch FoxNews. It’s all biased, just depends on what station you’re watching as to how biased and which way the slant goes.

My biggest complaint with your last post was the line about Powell’s endorsement. No way was it just a guy endorsing who he thinks is the best candidate, we couldn’t leave it at that, it wouldn’t be the way most of the people on this website work…then you wouldn’t get a chance to bash. Instead, you turned it into Powell selling his endorsement. Sounds a lot like something the McCain camp would pull…

Why I said what i said is because everything Powell said does not hold water. Now this is my opinion and nothing else. Powell says Obama has style and substance...I don't see it. I have seen charges that obama is a muslum, but not from the McCain camp.

He calls palin inexperienced...and Obama is...ummm... What? He says McCain showed bad judgement...and Obama has done what with the people he has associated with? Like I said this does not hold water. And to tell you the truth I expected more out of Powell than what he said.

He sold out...that is my opinion.
Redline29
hunter

Postby jehler » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:37 pm

DuckinFool wrote:Anybody care to answer my question about who it was duping the Dems and Clinton about iraq and WMD's during Clinton's administration? :biggrin:
I would but I'm still humping the american dream...phew!!!
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy

Postby DuckinFool » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:27 pm

:lol: :rofl: :thumbsup:
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby don taylor » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:22 pm

I'm now starting to believe McCain has a good shot

Black people don't like Powell. He's like C. Rice. They don't care, he's not one of them. Ask a black person who he is, you get a confused look. Conservative white people don't like him. Reagan is rolling over in his grave and Nancy was so shocked she fell and broke her pelvis.

John Murtha , a well known liberal democrat congressman from Johnstown Pa, has brought up that Western Pa is so racist that Obama may not take Pa. He's right. We still have tons of local democrat yard signs, but the Obama signs are not in the yards of all the politically active people. I honestly can say this is the weakest support I've ever seen in the white suburbs and outskirts for a democrat president. Powell isn't influencing my neighbors at all. Certainly not me.
BIGGER WATER DECOYS

Chairman- The Allegheny Chapter of Delta Waterfowl.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4277478 ... 6859634909
don taylor
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:25 am

So a democrat is endorsing the democrat candidate. Call a press conference. Oh yeah, they already did. :rofl:

Remember, Colin Powell has never revealed his party. In fact, he is an example of Bush reaching out to people he thought were best for the job.

If Obama has any character, he would turn down Powell’s endorsement because Powell is the evil person who duped everyone into going to war.

Wasn’t anti-war Obama’s original campaign slogan other than Change, Future, Not Past, Hope, Believe and other deep thoughts??? :huh:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:31 pm

A case of two Affirmative Action Birds of a Feather flocking together. Surprise !!! Surprise !!! Surprise !!!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:17 pm

Don Taylor posted,

"I'm now starting to believe McCain has a good shot."
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:29 pm

So is the former Vice Presidential Nominee less important than the former Secretary of State?

Joe Lieberman supports John McCain.

Lieberman is unequivocally a Democrat. Powell has always been a fence sitter that couldn't decide if he was a Democrat or Republican when he retired.

If you are a rational person, the Lieberman endorsement is far more significant, but how many Obama supporters are actually rational.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:00 pm

"So is the former Vice Presidential Nominee less important than the former Secretary of State?"

Apparently so Spinner.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:09 am

Actually it looks like neither endorsement matters much, which isn't surprising.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby msmall » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:18 am

Hasn't Obama said that there will be a place in his cabinet for Colin Powell?? Sounds like he's getting a little "something" for his endorsement.
msmall
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:01 am

If Obama wins, Lieberman should be well positioned for a dog catcher job.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:21 pm

Pacific Fisher wrote:If Obama wins, Lieberman should be well positioned for a dog catcher job.
:yes:

If he can get that. Actually, if the Dems pickup seats in the Senate regardless of the Presidency, he'll probably be pushed out.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Pacific Fisher » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:04 pm

I do not agree with Lieberman's views but I admire his acting on his convictions and going against the grain. :thumbsup:
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Amazed

Postby Bean » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:22 am

I am still amazed at all the "hunters" I see here endorsing probably one of the most staunch anti-gun nutjobs to ever grace the halls of the US senate. :huh:

If anyone would like a preview of the Obama plan, go gas up and get yer ammo in Illinois.
Duckinfool's li'l brother.
Bean
hunter

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum