Early Voting

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Early Voting

Postby GroundSwatter » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:53 am

Since Early Voting has started in a quite a few states, go ahead and sound off if you have already voted.

Put politics aside on this post, I don't care who you voted for, since voting is one of the most patriotic things you can do, whether you vote Democrat, Republican, or Liberal. So sound of if you have done your patriotic duty.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:37 am

Heading out here in about an hour to put my .02 in.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Brydog » Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:19 pm

I voted last week, via absentee ballot.
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby Pacific Fisher » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:21 pm

Once in California, four times in Ohio and ten times in Florida. :thumbsup:
It has been a busiest voting season I can remember.
Pacific Fisher
hunter

Postby semo88 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:37 pm

I'm planning on voting tomorrow sometime.
semo88
hunter

Postby pappy » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:41 pm

i plan to vote several times in the next two weeks just to level the playing field against acorn.

good huntin :thumbsup:

pap
pappy
hunter

Postby semo88 » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:55 pm

Anybody else catch the story about a lady not being allowed in the polling place for wearing an Obama shirt? Talk about a story getting way too much media attention for no reason. It’s a dang law, no electioneering at the polls. Although networks slant things both ways (yes there are conservative slanted networks, they’re not all liberal), the media as a whole is biased no matter what station you watch.
semo88
hunter

Postby mattm25tx » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Did it yesterday
Matts Mobile Marine Service

If your not living life on the edge you are taking up too much room
mattm25tx
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:39 pm

Voted today. There were over 150 people in line and I guess it has been that way since early voting started about a week ago.

Obviously, I voted for Obama because I want all the free stuff. :umm:

There was one issue on the ballot about electing judges that was worded in such a convulited way that there is no telling what the outcome of that item will be.

This is the exact language-
Shall the following be adopted? The present method of nonpartisan selection of judges of the district court in this judicial district by the governor upon nominations by a district nominating commission and subject to retention in office by a vote of the voters shall be discontinued and there is hereby adopted in this judicial district the election of judges of the district court by the voters.

I would clarify it as such- Do you want to elect judges? :yes:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:47 am

Rat Creek wrote:
I would clarify it as such- Do you want to elect judges? :yes:

I don't know about other states, I always though most judges were appointed, but Texas definitely elects theirs judges. Its a good concept in theory, but in actuality it wastes a lot of the judges time b/c they have to take time out of the courtroom, you know, trying cases, to go out and campaign.

When I still lived in Gregg County Texas and actually knew a few judges, I would always re-elect them so I still had my go to judges if I needed to get out of a ticket.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby Waldoo » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:13 am

Voted about 2 weeks ago. Absentee ballot. Voted straight republican for the first time.
2013 - 2014
Turkey - 2
Dove - 37
Blue Wing - 117
Green Wing - 22
Redhead - 5
Shoveler - 8
Pintail - 8
Mallard - 1
Gadwall - 5
Ringneck - 1
Hooded Merganser - 1
Waldoo
hunter

Postby Botiz630 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:18 am

My absentee ballot was sent in last week.
I need about tree fiddy.
Botiz630
Forum Moderator

Return to Controversial Issues Forum