Did you catch this?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Did you catch this?

Postby Cookie the rookie » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:48 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyvqhdllXgU

Amazing.........SCARY..........But AMAZING :no:
Now getcha SHINE-BOX.......
User avatar
Cookie the rookie
hunter
 
Posts: 1125
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: Chesterfield,Va.


Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:57 pm

:rofl: I dont care if the dems say this isnt true. Cause it is and this is what I believe is exactly going on. Obviously not all African Americans just so you guys know that I know that. :rofl: Good stuff. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
User avatar
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter
 
Posts: 5548
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Southern Wisconsin

Postby Rat Creek » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:04 pm

Welcome to the democrat party. :rofl:

We are so screwed.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter
 
Posts: 4441
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:11 pm
Location: Overland Park, KS

Postby semo88 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:27 pm

I saw that the other day. Scary, yes. But no scarier than the people who don't understand the policies but who WON’T vote for Obama because he’s black, or because they believe the forwarded emails claiming he’s a flag hating Muslim. It’s not a Democrat thing. It’s not a Republican thing. It’s an uniformed idiots thing. I cracked up listening to those interviews, and it’s a shame that those people have the right to vote, but don’t act like it’s only Democrats who get uniformed, unintelligent votes. It goes both ways.

It is sad, because we all know most of them are voting for Obama because he’s black, and although it doesn’t get the criticism that “racial hatred” does, “racial preference” is really just as bad.

You gotta wonder where the one guy came up with the conclusion that he’s a McCain supporter though…it’s obviously not racially motivated, and apparently it’s not because he understands McCain's policies :biggrin: ...maybe he just wants to be different?
semo88
hunter
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:11 pm
Location: Missouri

Postby GroundSwatter » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:33 am

I think there should be an entrance exam you have to take before you get into the voters booth. You should at least know how the presidents running mate is.

The scary parts isn't black people voting for obama b/c he is black, its people that don't know anything are allowed to shape our country's future.

It reminds me of that late night television show where basically they had two people that had to bet on one of 3 idiots, and basically they would ask the idiots who was on a $20 bill or where some state was, and only 1 of them could get it right.

It also reminds me of Alan Warren Outdoors wake up call, where he goes to a local high school, shows the kids a picture of a bass or a pheasant and they can't guess what it is.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
User avatar
GroundSwatter
hunter
 
Posts: 3643
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:22 pm
Location: GTMO from NE Texas

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:41 am

I would bet you would get a lot of the same thing if you asked most 18-21 year old college voters that are enthusiastically Obama.

This is what you get when you target the most ignorant voters as your base.

I think voting should be limited to middle-aged, middle-income, married with children. They are the most informed voting block. They have to weigh all the issues from taking care of their parents to taking care of their children and everything in between. They are also solidly Republican :huh:
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16195
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Postby goodkarmarising » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:23 pm

x
Last edited by goodkarmarising on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
goodkarmarising
hunter
 
Posts: 10870
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:57 am
Location: Leavenworth, KS and all thru MO

Postby semo88 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:19 pm

goodkarmarising wrote:
I think voting should be limited to middle-aged, middle-income, married with children. They are the most informed voting block.


This alone is ignorant thinking. My family has fought for this country and their freedom. By the way we all work for the Army. I am 28 and my brother is 26. We do not have any children but we are more informed of issues than a lot of people that are 20 years older than us. Yes we vote republican, but that does not matter. If a man or woman is old enough to go, fight and die for their country then they have a right to a voice in the democracy that we call America. If I can be drafted at the age of 18, then I have a right to say who my political leaders might be. :mad: :mad: :no:


Yeah, but it's more convenient for the elitist group of conservatives to propose not letting anyone vote who might vote against them. :no:
semo88
hunter
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:11 pm
Location: Missouri

Postby Brydog » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:27 pm

semo88 wrote:
goodkarmarising wrote:
I think voting should be limited to middle-aged, middle-income, married with children. They are the most informed voting block.


This alone is ignorant thinking. My family has fought for this country and their freedom. By the way we all work for the Army. I am 28 and my brother is 26. We do not have any children but we are more informed of issues than a lot of people that are 20 years older than us. Yes we vote republican, but that does not matter. If a man or woman is old enough to go, fight and die for their country then they have a right to a voice in the democracy that we call America. If I can be drafted at the age of 18, then I have a right to say who my political leaders might be. :mad: :mad: :no:


Yeah, but it's more convenient for the elitist group of conservatives to propose not letting anyone vote who might vote against them. :no:

You're absolutely right semo88 ! :thumbsup:
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
User avatar
Brydog
Banned
 
Posts: 4941
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:00 pm
Location: Lake Isabella Michigan, Houghton Lake Michigan

Postby semo88 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:38 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:I would bet you would get a lot of the same thing if you asked most 18-21 year old college voters that are enthusiastically Obama.

This is what you get when you target the most ignorant voters as your base.

I think voting should be limited to middle-aged, middle-income, married with children. They are the most informed voting block. They have to weigh all the issues from taking care of their parents to taking care of their children and everything in between. They are also solidly Republican :huh:


Point #1 – I wouldn’t disagree that there are several folks voting for Obama solely because they want to feel progressive and hearing “Change” is all it took to hook them. But don’t pretend there aren’t a lot of ignorant people with no factual information who are voting against Obama rather than because they support McCain. I get to hear a few jack@sses ranting about it every day at school, “Muslim” this, “******” that, “he doesn’t support our flag and our troops”, etc. Yet if you ask them about policy, the only thing they can come up with is Republican Party talking points. In some places it’s trendy to vote for McCain, in some it’s trendy to vote Obama, but anywhere that it is trendy to vote for someone, there also seems to be a trend of those particular voters being uniformed.

Point #2 – Both parties target the ignorant. Watch any campaign ad, it’s filled with slanted statements that most logical people can see through without thinking about it. Republicans do not elect a President. Democrats do not elect a President. They cancel each other out for the most part. Independent voters (a portion of which is made up of folks who usually don’t stay involved with politics year ‘round) elect the President. Why else would our candidates spend so much money otherwise?

Point #3 – There are just as many middle-class, middle aged parents who are completely ignorant when it comes to politics as there are single people aged 25-35 or elderly folks. I wish I was confident enough to say that the majority of “middle-class America” was informed, but sadly many of them aren’t, and don’t care to be. And BTW, I know many “middle-class, middle aged, married with children” voters who are voting Democrat, and believe me, they are just as informed as anyone.
semo88
hunter
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:11 pm
Location: Missouri

Postby SpinnerMan » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:31 pm

For all of you that criticized me, I don't fit into that group either.

You missed my point. Obviously, they aren't going to limit voting. I figured the sarcasm was apparent.

Which group of people will make the best decision. Those with vested interest in the widest range of issues. The married middle class, middle age, middle income. They can't simply worry about the old (their parents) and not see how it hurts the young (their children). They can't focus totally on then environment (where the live and breath) at the expense of business (where they make a living). They pay the taxes and benefit from government spending. They have to worry about both male and female issues. Etc. They as a group are the group that has the most at stake in the most areas of life.

This is the group that the Republicans win the largest margins. This is why I say Democrats rely on the ignorant. Where am I wrong? Which group is more informed on the widest range of issues?

Point #1 - Generally agree. Far too many people on both sides are uninformed.

Point #2 - Who puts the most effort into the youth vote, by definition the most ignorant voting block?

Point #3 - Your simply wrong on that. People on average are LESS ignorant when they have a vested interest. If you have no children, this will be something you are less informed on or concerned about. If you don't have elderly parents, you will be less informed. If you pay no taxes, you will be for more spending. If you are not working, you are less worried about jobs. By definition, those in the middle have the most interests in the most issues. That is why, as a group, they are the most well informed. However, with any large group, there are all kinds in the group.
A politician thinks of the next election; a statesman of the next generation. A politician looks for the success of his party; a statesman for that of the country. The statesman wished to steer, while the politician was satisfied to drift.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16195
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Postby semo88 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:40 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
Point #3 - Your simply wrong on that. People on average are LESS ignorant when they have a vested interest. If you have no children, this will be something you are less informed on or concerned about. If you don't have elderly parents, you will be less informed. If you pay no taxes, you will be for more spending. If you are not working, you are less worried about jobs. By definition, those in the middle have the most interests in the most issues. That is why, as a group, they are the most well informed. However, with any large group, there are all kinds in the group.


The people in this group who CARE to be informed are probably informed on a much wider range, I don't disagree there. I guess my point was that this group, as a whole, probably has just as many people who don't CARE about that many issues, and who are persuaded by a few talking points. Overall, there are just a lot of people in this country who will not get informed about politics, whether it’s because they think it’s boring, because they are too lazy, because they don’t think it effects them, or because they are tired of partisan idiocy that undermines the process of passing legislation to help the country.

I BELIEVE…that higher voter turnout this year means more people are concerned about the state of our country, but I don’t think folks are any more informed this year than in any other.

Getting back to the original post in this thread….I had to watch the video again. As disappointing as it is to see, it still makes me laugh :biggrin: .
semo88
hunter
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:11 pm
Location: Missouri

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:12 pm

semo88 wrote:

I BELIEVE…that higher voter turnout this year means more people are concerned about the state of our country, but I don’t think folks are any more informed this year than in any other.



I BELIEVE that you are completly wrong and the video gives away why that is. Kind of obvious in my opinion. A chance at the first black president ever. No way its because the people are concerned about the state of this country.
User avatar
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter
 
Posts: 5548
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Southern Wisconsin

Postby semo88 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:20 pm

WisconsinWaterfowler wrote:
semo88 wrote:

I BELIEVE…that higher voter turnout this year means more people are concerned about the state of our country, but I don’t think folks are any more informed this year than in any other.



I BELIEVE that you are completly wrong and the video gives away why that is. Kind of obvious in my opinion. A chance at the first black president ever. No way its because the people are concerned about the state of this country.


I’m positive that’s why some folks are coming out, but that’s an awfully cynical way to view our citizens. We are in hard times right now, and if anything is going to get people fired up, it’s economic hard times.

I don't think a video interviewing a half dozen idiots proves much of anything, other than the fact that those individuals are morons.
semo88
hunter
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:11 pm
Location: Missouri

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:27 pm

semo88 wrote:
WisconsinWaterfowler wrote:
semo88 wrote:

I BELIEVE…that higher voter turnout this year means more people are concerned about the state of our country, but I don’t think folks are any more informed this year than in any other.



I BELIEVE that you are completly wrong and the video gives away why that is. Kind of obvious in my opinion. A chance at the first black president ever. No way its because the people are concerned about the state of this country.


I’m positive that’s why some folks are coming out, but that’s an awfully cynical way to view our citizens. We are in hard times right now, and if anything is going to get people fired up, it’s economic hard times.

I don't think a video interviewing a half dozen idiots proves much of anything, other than the fact that those individuals are morons.


Very good point. You are right there probably are a lot of people voting because they want the economy back in shape. However, almost all African Americans who never vote are voting for Obama just because he is black. But not all probably very few are actually like the people that were interviewed.
User avatar
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter
 
Posts: 5548
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Southern Wisconsin

Postby semo88 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:38 pm

WisconsinWaterfowler wrote:
semo88 wrote:
WisconsinWaterfowler wrote:
semo88 wrote:

I BELIEVE…that higher voter turnout this year means more people are concerned about the state of our country, but I don’t think folks are any more informed this year than in any other.



I BELIEVE that you are completly wrong and the video gives away why that is. Kind of obvious in my opinion. A chance at the first black president ever. No way its because the people are concerned about the state of this country.


I’m positive that’s why some folks are coming out, but that’s an awfully cynical way to view our citizens. We are in hard times right now, and if anything is going to get people fired up, it’s economic hard times.

I don't think a video interviewing a half dozen idiots proves much of anything, other than the fact that those individuals are morons.


Very good point. You are right there probably are a lot of people voting because they want the economy back in shape. However, almost all African Americans who never vote are voting for Obama just because he is black. But not all probably very few are actually like the people that were interviewed.


It’s a shame that folks are voting for Obama because of race, and against him because of race. It’s not an ideal situation, but I’d almost say it comes close to evening itself out.

I hate seeing a responsibility as big as voting being taken so lightly. I like the idea of having to pass some kind of ‘test’ to be allowed to vote, but that would be considered disenfranchisement, kinda like Literacy Tests were way back when.
semo88
hunter
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:11 pm
Location: Missouri

topic

Postby paduckkiller » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:26 pm

SpinnerMan,
What facts are you basing your argument on? What makes middle aged, middle income, people that are married with children any more knowledgeable. I am a Republican and I know quite a few ignorant middle class, Republicans who are married with children (maybe you have better sources). Besides if everyone voted Republican we would not have a democracy?
paduckkiller
hunter
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 12:00 pm
Location: Central PA

Postby CLUTCHfan » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:42 pm

paduckkiller wrote: Besides if everyone voted Republican we would not have a democracy?


We don't have a Democracy. We have a Republic. Although that's not going to last much longer. Both parties are trying, daily, to take your rights away. They just fight over which ones to take away first. Everyone go back to sleep, and let Socialism run its course.
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
User avatar
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster
 
Posts: 4447
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:50 pm
Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby duckwizard » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:31 pm

I cant stress it enough.


McCain / Palin
The wicked flee when no man pursues.
duckwizard
hunter
 
Posts: 405
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:23 am
Location: Southwest Iowa

Postby goodkarmarising » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:30 am

x
Last edited by goodkarmarising on Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
goodkarmarising
hunter
 
Posts: 10870
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:57 am
Location: Leavenworth, KS and all thru MO

Re: topic

Postby SpinnerMan » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:34 am

paduckkiller wrote:SpinnerMan,
What facts are you basing your argument on? What makes middle aged, middle income, people that are married with children any more knowledgeable. I am a Republican and I know quite a few ignorant middle class, Republicans who are married with children (maybe you have better sources). Besides if everyone voted Republican we would not have a democracy?


All groups have some dumbasses amongst them. They also have some that are far more informed. I am talking about the group average.

Anybody on the internet debating politics is not average. They are almost certainly more informed than the average for whatever group they happen to fall in.

On average, people always know more about something they have a vested interest in whether they want to or not. The worst duck hunter out there knows something about ducks. Non-hunters may know a lot about ducks, but the most uninformed amongst them will know nothing about ducks. You understand that duck hunters as a group know more about ducks than non-duck hunters, especially non-hunters living in the urban jungle that rarely ever see a duck. If you had to pick a group to make decisions about duck hunting, you would pick duck hunters because they know more and have a vested interest in positive results.

If you accept that argument, the same applies to those in the middle. Sure there are some complete dumbasses that have children and appear as if they know nothing about children, but on average parents know more about what is good for children then non-parents. Same for every issues. Those in the middle simply care, for reasons of self interest, about more of the issues.

Almost everybody I work with has a Ph.D. and is a world-wide expert in a specific topic. That doesn't prevent them from being completely ignorant in things they have no interest in. Most of them had parents that had college degrees. Most have lived "sheltered" lives like Obama and have some strange views on things outside of their personal experience. Everybody is ignorant of different things. That's a fact. Different groups are ignorant of different things. Those in the middle simply have more issues to deal with in their day to day lives, which makes them as a group, ignorant of less things than the young, the old, the single, the childless, the rich, the poor, ...

If you don't understand my argument, try to think about what group would be more informed than those in the middle and why would that be.

goodkarmarising wrote:I don't need a person that took out a arm on a mortage with no money in their 401k and no savings in their bank account trying to tell me how to live.
Almost all mortgages are being paid in full and on time. That is a fact. Something like 5% are behind. That's 1 out of 20, which is very high, but far from typical. BTW, I don't want anyone telling me how to live whether it's Warren Buffet or a homeless bum.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16195
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Postby xj76prq » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:22 am

Swatter:

The scary parts isn't black people voting for obama b/c he is black, its people that don't know anything are allowed to shape our country's future.

You mean like sarah palin?
"People would rather die than think. And, often, they do.

----Bertrand Russell
xj76prq
hunter
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:38 pm

Postby GroundSwatter » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:36 am

xj76prq wrote:Swatter:

The scary parts isn't black people voting for obama b/c he is black, its people that don't know anything are allowed to shape our country's future.

You mean like sarah palin?


11 posts, thats 11 posts xj and all of them in the Controversial Issues forum. Do you hunt at all? Do you plan to post anywhere else on this Duck Hunting Forum? Do you at least plan to learn how to use the quote feature?

Honestly Obama as a president scares me much more than Palin. Biden as a president scares me much more than Palin. I have an idea of who Sarah Palin is, as rough around the edges as that person may be.

Obama and Biden are so full of it, you never know where they really stand. Now they're ignoring any request for Interviews so close to the election so that they don't slip up and prove to everyone how liberal they really are.

But XJ, seriously, I respond to all of your bantering and negativity, you could at least admit that you don't hunt. 11 posts, all of which are in the controversial issues section, come on XJ.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
User avatar
GroundSwatter
hunter
 
Posts: 3643
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:22 pm
Location: GTMO from NE Texas

spinnerman

Postby paduckkiller » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:35 am

Spinnerman,
Now I understand your view a little better, still do not agree with it, but I understand that it is speculative and not factual.
paduckkiller
hunter
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 12:00 pm
Location: Central PA

Postby xj76prq » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:42 pm

Swatter,

What, specifically, are you afraid of?

I don't need to hunt or not hunt to challenge some of the idiocy posted in this forum. What difference does it make?
"People would rather die than think. And, often, they do.

----Bertrand Russell
xj76prq
hunter
 
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:38 pm

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests