Why is there an Obama ad on this website?

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Why is there an Obama ad on this website?

Postby bubba1 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:53 pm

Regardless of any other issues, Obama and Biden have voted too many times in favor of gun control.

To anybody that belongs to this forum because they like to hunt, they are the enemy.

Figure it out people.
There is room for all of God's creatures, right next to the potatos and gravy.
bubba1
hunter
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:37 am
Location: Green Bay, WI


Postby rmh » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:14 pm

And now that you've typed their names on a post the ad will come up again. I don't know the details but this question has come up a few times recently and apparently some sort of Google counter picks up key words then flashes an ad. You should see what happens if the words gay or hoe are used.
2013 Totals
1 2003 Ford Focus (harvested by a 6 point whitetail)
1 1991 Chevy Lumina (harvested by a PT Cruiser)
rmh
hunter
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:50 pm
Location: On the Chesapeake

Postby jehler » Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:25 pm

rmh wrote:And now that you've typed their names on a post the ad will come up again. I don't know the details but this question has come up a few times recently and apparently some sort of Google counter picks up key words then flashes an ad. You should see what happens if the words gay or hoe are used.
have you not shot any ducks yet randy?
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17516
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Postby rmh » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:29 pm

jehler wrote:
rmh wrote:And now that you've typed their names on a post the ad will come up again. I don't know the details but this question has come up a few times recently and apparently some sort of Google counter picks up key words then flashes an ad. You should see what happens if the words gay or hoe are used.
have you not shot any ducks yet randy?



Nope, I haven't yet John. The season was only open for a week and the first Sat. we had 25-30 knot winds so the little buggers were all up in the marshes while I was on the Patuxent River. The next Sat. crap (note the new tag line in my signature) took up much of the day. How about you?
2013 Totals
1 2003 Ford Focus (harvested by a 6 point whitetail)
1 1991 Chevy Lumina (harvested by a PT Cruiser)
rmh
hunter
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:50 pm
Location: On the Chesapeake

Postby CLUTCHfan » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:38 pm

Gays, Hoes, Obama, PETA, Rosie O'Donnell, Oprah, Obama, Starving Dogs, Obama, Tofu, Obama, Obama, Obama, Tampons, Obama, Green Bay Packers, Obama, Lifetime Movie Channel, Obama.

Just seeing what ads I can get to pop up and now I'm throwing in the.......... evilbanana-----> :evilbanana:
TNAL45 wrote:I like my beer like I like my violence....Domestic.
User avatar
CLUTCHfan
Former DHC Ball Buster
 
Posts: 4450
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:50 pm
Location: Behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore.

Postby jehler » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:37 pm

rmh wrote:
jehler wrote:
rmh wrote:And now that you've typed their names on a post the ad will come up again. I don't know the details but this question has come up a few times recently and apparently some sort of Google counter picks up key words then flashes an ad. You should see what happens if the words gay or hoe are used.
have you not shot any ducks yet randy?



Nope, I haven't yet John. The season was only open for a week and the first Sat. we had 25-30 knot winds so the little buggers were all up in the marshes while I was on the Patuxent River. The next Sat. crap (note the new tag line in my signature) took up much of the day. How about you?
ewwwwww! I have cleaned up some of those kinda crawlspace fiascos and I do not envy you. My buddy out there works cheap and will do as he is told, you want his number? We have been doing ok this season. I am never much at keeping numbers but this year there is the preacher/jehler jr. competition going on so I can say fairly certianly that we are doing ok with bird numbers. We took a trip up to lake superior with my bigger boat blind and the new layout and really hammered the scoters, bills and redheads. the first two weeks of the season we took a few dozen puddle ducks. My mom is at the end of a long battle with cancer so that is getting in the way of hunting a little, probaby be a week or two before I get out again. weather here has been very odd for hunting. some of the lakes I think I could still swim in. Can't believe your up to 3 windshields already this season, hope your only breaking drakes :rofl: when does the season open up out there? would my son (10 years old) be able to hunt in Maryland?
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17516
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Postby rmh » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:46 pm

John:
Nov. 8-28, Dec. 16-Jan.24- ducks
Nov. 15-28, Dec. 18-Jan. 24-Goose

My understaning is if he has a hunter safety number from another state he could get a Jr. License. I should know this since I am now a Hunter Safety Instructor, but I don't.
You could contact DNR at
http://www.dnr.state.md.us, they have a "Contact Us" link.
2013 Totals
1 2003 Ford Focus (harvested by a 6 point whitetail)
1 1991 Chevy Lumina (harvested by a PT Cruiser)
rmh
hunter
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:50 pm
Location: On the Chesapeake

Postby jehler » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:50 pm

I'll check it out. I was told at his classes that his hunter saftey card is good for all states. I will check that link, thanks. sea ducks the same season?
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17516
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Postby rmh » Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:55 pm

jehler wrote:I'll check it out. I was told at his classes that his hunter saftey card is good for all states. I will check that link, thanks. sea ducks the same season?


Sea ducks are in now and don't go out until Jan. 24. Only waterfowling allowed during deer season, although you can small game after the first day of deer. MD does not have Sunday hunting (well it does for deer in selected Counties on selected Sundays)
2013 Totals
1 2003 Ford Focus (harvested by a 6 point whitetail)
1 1991 Chevy Lumina (harvested by a PT Cruiser)
rmh
hunter
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:50 pm
Location: On the Chesapeake

Postby bubba1 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:34 am

Not to be rude, but maybe you two could exchange phones instead of high jacking the thread?
There is room for all of God's creatures, right next to the potatos and gravy.
bubba1
hunter
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:37 am
Location: Green Bay, WI

Postby jehler » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:13 am

bubba1 wrote:Not to be rude, but maybe you two could exchange phones instead of high jacking the thread?
didn't realize this thread carried so much for you. hope i didn't cause any long term damage :rofl:
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it
User avatar
jehler
thread hi-jacking expert and a great guy
 
Posts: 17516
Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Traverse City, MI

Postby TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:05 am

:rofl: :rofl: :lol:
waterfowler20 wrote:
getemducks wrote:I am new to this but I think what you have there is a duck. :huh:

Are you crazy! That ain't no duck, thats one of'dem cackler gooses! :hi:
User avatar
TEAM WEBFOOTPOSSE
hunter
 
Posts: 1720
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:39 am
Location: Nebraska

Postby Smackaduck » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:41 pm

Bubba the question was answered correctly. They are google pop up ads and dont reflect the views of DHC. They pop up based on topic discussion on each thread.
If they're dumb enough to be lured in by plastic you're really just doing them a favor.

Know your target before you pull the trigger.

Duck Hunting is ALL about the bag.
User avatar
Smackaduck
Super Moderator
 
Posts: 6201
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:04 pm
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana


Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests