Liar..liar....pants on fire......oooops !!!

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Liar..liar....pants on fire......oooops !!!

Postby DuckinFool » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:50 pm

Now surely the Prez did not go on national tv and tell the American people a fat whopper did he? :yes:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch ... illar.html
D'oh! Caterpillar CEO Contradicts President on Whether Stimulus Will Allow Him to Re-Hire Laid Off Workers
February 12, 2009 6:16 PM

EAST PEORIA, ILL. -- President Obama today repeated the claim we asked about yesterday at the press briefing that Jim Owens, the CEO of Caterpillar, Inc., "said that if Congress passes our plan, this company will be able to rehire some of the folks who were just laid off."Caterpillar announced 22,000 layoffs last month.But after the president left the event, Owens said the exact opposite.Asked if the stimulus package would be able to stop the 22,000 layoffs or not, Owens said, "I think realistically no. The truth is we're going to have more layoffs before we start hiring again""It is going to take some time before that stimulus bill" means re-hiring, he said.Owens supports the stimulus plan, but said it would take some time to have an impact on his industry and "is a little light on the heavy construction."- jpt
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Postby SnoGeez » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:51 am

Ducknfool, I must say this is a pretty weak post for you. I don't think I've ever heard Obama say that this stimulus is going to cure everything over night. And I don't think he was saying that it will stop the loss of those jobs the day it goes into effect. As the CEO said, hopefully when the stimulus takes effect, he will be able to re-hire some of those people back. I don't really see a lie here, but if you twist the words......
SnoGeez
hunter

Postby Kurt » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:04 am

No BO said it i quote " that if Congress passes our plan, this company will be able to rehire some of the folks who were just laid off." So BHO is the one who said this BS stimulus package will help over night. It is sink or swim time this is all a bunch of crap
Locked and Loaded
Kurt
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:49 am

In case you haven't noticed, Obama says what sounds really good at the moment regardless of any relationship to reality. He says what he wishes were true and not what really is true. We've all known people like this. They aren't lying because they don't even know that what they are saying is untrue. This gives Obama the ability to sincerely go around the country and tell everybody they want to hear in a completely sincere way.

Instead of getting picked apart for repeatedly saying complete nonsense, he keeps providing false hope to millions of Americans that actually believe what he says to them. It doesn't matter if it is the truth or that he may say completely the opposite thing the next day to the next group.

This drives people like me nuts that have a desire to be 100% truthful, but why should we care if the President is truthful. I guess all that Bush lied nonsense was just that. Obama lies over and over again, well it's actually worse than that. He really doesn't even know what the truth is or even care, but he does know what sounds good at the moment and isn't that all that really matters. The people at Caterpillar felt better because of what Obama says. So what if it was all just false hope for change that isn't coming.

As everybody knows the truth often hurts, so we can't have any of that. The truth that is.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:59 am

He reminds me of the teenager, that tells their parents everything they want to hear to their face, but then runs around and does whatever they want behind their parents backs.

But he's been blowing smoke up everyones butt since before he got elected, so no use in stopping now.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby fenton_3 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:05 am

I heard this one on the radio this morning! I just hope his "cult" following begins to wake up and realize that this guy is too left wing for this country. I have been against this stimulus bill from the start, and now that is has passed the Dems have loaded this "stimulus" bill with every pet project from the last 8 years. Welcome to the Obama years!!!
fenton_3
hunter

Postby SnoGeez » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:17 am

Kurt wrote:No BO said it i quote " that if Congress passes our plan, this company will be able to rehire some of the folks who were just laid off." So BHO is the one who said this BS stimulus package will help over night. It is sink or swim time this is all a bunch of crap

I don't know about you Kurt, but when I read that statement I don't see any reference to time. According to that statement, he could mean tomorrow or 2 years from now. I really think that you're stretching it on this one.

As far as what Obama says, people are going to rag on him either way. Any politician is going to slip, and everybody isn't a great public speaker, mistakes will be made. Is Obama blowing smoke? maybe. Maybe he is actually sincere and you all just refuse to believe it because you oppose him, possible? maybe. Who knows? Maybe this will help and/or work, its kind of a 50/50 shot, what then? Maybe it fails, wouldn't be the first time a parties position has failed.
SnoGeez
hunter

Postby fenton_3 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:23 am

I agree with Kurt! Obama made this comment during a speach at the CAT plant and he ment what he said. You can spin it any way you like, but he directly contradicted the CEO!
fenton_3
hunter

Postby SnoGeez » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:39 am

This drives me NUTS, those that oppose the president spin this $%^& however you want, you guys are just as bad as the media.

This is the whole article, verbatim:

"EAST PEORIA, ILL. -- President Obama today repeated the claim we asked about yesterday at the press briefing that Jim Owens, the CEO of Caterpillar, Inc., "said that if Congress passes our plan, this company will be able to rehire some of the folks who were just laid off."

Caterpillar announced 22,000 layoffs last month.

But after the president left the event, Owens said the exact opposite.

Asked if the stimulus package would be able to stop the 22,000 layoffs or not, Owens said, "I think realistically no. The truth is we're going to have more layoffs before we start hiring again"

"It is going to take some time before that stimulus bill" means re-hiring, he said.

Owens supports the stimulus plan, but said it would take some time to have an impact on his industry and "is a little light on the heavy construction."

Did you all listen to the video too? The CEO TOLD Obama that the package would help him rehire, and then, obviously, he seemed to change his story. How is that Obama's fault? The reporter asked if the stimulus will save all 22,000 job, he said no, we're going to have to fire some more before we rehire. Did Obama say that the stimulus would save all 22,000 jobs from being cut? NO, he said the the stimulus would allow (the CEO's words) the company to re-hire some of those employees that they had to lay-off.

Also, cause I know somebody is going to say it, the notion that Obama put those words into the CEO's mouth when he made his speech is laughable. The man is smart enough to know that would severely damage his support on the stimulus if the CEO denied making that statement. You guys just want stick it to him, take a neutral stance for a second and read it again. I see no lie there. I see the media twisting things and a CEO thats trying to cover his ass in case it doesn't work out.
SnoGeez
hunter

Postby fenton_3 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:27 am

Did you ever consider the fact that Obama got it wrong, and/or selectivly chose to hear what he wanted to? Did you hear the CEO tell Obama the bill would help him hire? Obama is a politian, and says many things, and believe it or not different things to different groups of people. I know Obama is your man, and hell he is my president too; but this "stimulus" bill (aka the largest expansion of the Federal Govenment in US history) is the perfect storm for the left wing agenda.
fenton_3
hunter

Postby rman114 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:29 am

Obama says Stimulous would help Caterpiller eventually rehire some of those 22,000 laid off.

CEO agrees.

Someone asks CEO if stimulous would prevent 22,000 layoff...
CEO says no.

Now if you look at this with some common sense this is what you would read from those comments.

-Stimulous won't prevent current or future lay offs in the lull before funds are recieved by caterpiller.
-The 22,000 laid off isn't the end of lay offs. They may lay off more before funds can arrive.
-The CEO links the stimulous directly to his ability to start hiring again.
-of the pool of laid off workers some of them should be able to get rehired by Caterpiller as a result of the Stimulous but no one has said anything about ALL of them getting rehired.

Please explain why this is spin rather than common sense!
rman114
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:34 am

rman114 wrote:Obama says Stimulous would help Caterpiller eventually rehire some of those 22,000 laid off.
If we spend a trillion dollars, some companies will be able to hire some workers at some time. So basically, it was a meaningless statement of no particularly significance. Glad we cleared that up.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby Rat Creek » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:01 pm

So if we boil down all the comments, the stimulus package will do nothing. Well, that is just great.

Cat continues to lay off people with no plan or timing to rehire. Obama claims Cat says they will rehire if the pork passes and the CEO says they won’t.

Now that is change I can believe in. What a great leader. Seriously, Hilary would have orchestrated this scam much better than the community agitator.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter

Postby MacMan » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:38 pm

Folks, look at the ambiguity within this so called stimulus bill, what I see is international bankers making money from the interest payments backed by our taxes - this bill is child abuse - our children's children will be paying for this fat back. . . AND nobody has mentioned the failing Social Security reserves. . . I suppose we'll give it to the Endowment for the Arts instead. So, where in the heck do you see something that stimulates Corporate America?

-- $50 million for the National Endowment for the Arts

-- $380 million for the Women, Infants & Children welfare program

-- $300 million in grants to combat violence against women

-- $1.2 billion to provide "youth" with summer jobs

-- $2.4 billion for "neighborhood stabilization" activities

-- $650 million for digital TV coupons

-- $150 million for the Smithsonian

-- $34 million to renovate the Dept. of Commerce headquarters

-- $500 million for improvements to the National Institute of Health facility

-- $44 million for repairs to the Dept. of Agriculture's headquarters

-- $350 million for agriculture department computers

-- $88 million to move (that's right, move) the Public Health Service into a new building.

-- $1 billion for the Census Bureau

-- $89 billion for Medicaid

-- $30 billion for COBRA extensions

-- $36 billion for expanded unemployment

-- $20 billion for food stamps

-- $850 million for Amtrak

-- $87 million for a "polar ice breaking ship" (What about the ice caps melting because of global warming?)

-- $1.7 million for the National Park Service

-- $55 million for the Historic Preservation Fund

-- $7.6 million for the Rural Advancement Program

-- $150 million for "agricultural commodity purchases"

-- $150 million for producers of livestock, farm-raised fish and honey bees

-- $160 million for paid volunteers (what is a "paid volunteer"?) at the Corporation for National and Community Service
<\\\><
MM
MacMan
hunter

Postby SnoGeez » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:46 pm

Rat Creek wrote:Cat continues to lay off people with no plan or timing to rehire. Obama claims Cat says they will rehire if the pork passes and the CEO says they won’t.

Now that is change I can believe in. What a great leader. Seriously, Hilary would have orchestrated this scam much better than the community agitator.

Cat will rehire some of those people, do we know if the stimulus plan will be a help to that cause. NO. WHY??? Cause it hasn't gone into effect yet. And its not like the world is going to change as soon as he signs the paper, you guys are more realistic than that. He said this will take time, I'm sure it will. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
SnoGeez
hunter

Postby MacMan » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:53 pm

SnoGeez - I don't personally prefer a "wait and see" attitude. . . Look at the video in the following post:

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/viewtopic.php?p=683998

This tells the entire story and exactly what the purpose of the bailout monies are - to further enslave the American people to be indebted via taxes to these international (private) banking institutions. Politicians R or D are mostly bought a paid for by these bankers. . . Ultimate goal: One world bank, currency, Gov't and many other things stated in the book of Revelation. This national deficit cannot and will never be paid back regardless of who is in office.

long video, but I challenge anybody to view and debate it.
<\\\><
MM
MacMan
hunter

Postby SpinnerMan » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:03 pm

SnoGeez wrote:Cat will rehire some of those people, do we know if the stimulus plan will be a help to that cause. NO. WHY??? Cause it hasn't gone into effect yet. And its not like the world is going to change as soon as he signs the paper, you guys are more realistic than that. He said this will take time, I'm sure it will. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
I don't disagree with that statement, primarily because we don't know. There will be winners and losers as a result of this and any legislation and it is nearly impossible to say who the specific winners and losers will be, except for the mice in San Francisco county. However, that is not what Obama implied. So he was either being purposely deceptive or simply ignorant of reality.

Those that try to push the blame from the President of the United States mistatement to the CEO of Caterpillar are not making a good case that Obama is qualified to be President. He's just a big sucker that is easily deceived by corporations. SnoGeez wasn't deceived. Let's make him President. It would be a big improvement.
SpinnerMan
hunter

Postby devildog28 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:24 pm

All I have to say is 20 billon for food stamps?

For the first time in my life I feel that what I did and so many others died for is only to secure the application of purposful greed and deciet at the hands of politicians. I liken it to sweet talking a girl you care nothing about for as when she thinks you really do care.

I'm so glad I'm out of the military because I'm certain I wouldn't have the stomach to salute the CIC as required. Everyday that this downward spiral goes on gives me a sick feeling. I'm both shaking with anger and naucious just writing this.
devildog28
hunter

Postby rman114 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:01 pm

:offtopic:

This topic was started by Duckinfool to say that Obama was a liar.

Talk about what's in the stimulous in the stimulous thread. Other than that disprove what i said and show mre how Obama lied. He didn't. End of thread.
rman114
hunter

Postby Redline29 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:39 pm

rman114 wrote::offtopic:

Talk about what's in the stimulous in the stimulous thread. Other than that disprove what i said and show mre how Obama lied. He didn't. End of thread.

rman...go back to sleep and keep dreaming your dreams of Marxism....honestly man, you have no clue what is going on.
20 Jan 2009...the beginning of an error.
Redline29
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:29 pm

SpinnerMan wrote:
rman114 wrote:Obama says Stimulous would help Caterpiller eventually rehire some of those 22,000 laid off.
If we spend a trillion dollars, some companies will be able to hire some workers at some time. So basically, it was a meaningless statement of no particularly significance. Glad we cleared that up.

Holy crap! This is the fewest words ever in a Spinner post! 34! Still meaningless blather but much more efficiently stated. Bravo Spinner! I didn't get eye cramps this time.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby GroundSwatter » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:32 pm

dudejcb wrote:
SpinnerMan wrote:

Holy crap! This is the fewest words ever in a Spinner post! 34! Still meaningless blather but much more efficiently stated. Bravo Spinner! I didn't get eye cramps this time.

Dude,

I don't know about meaningless. It points out how meaningless Obama's statement and rman114's defense of it truly are.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:33 pm

Redline29 wrote:

rman...go back to sleep and keep dreaming your dreams of Marxism....honestly man, you have no clue what is going on.
Please Redline tell us; what is going on? (Are you dreaming of the efficiency and booming economy that Hitler brought to governing... or is it okay for you to toss out Marx and we should just let that go?)
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby Redline29 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:39 pm

dudejcb wrote:
Redline29 wrote:

Please Redline tell us; what is going on? (Are you dreaming of the efficiency and booming economy that Hitler brought to governing... or is it okay for you to toss out Marx and we should just let that go?)

Have you read the communist manifesto? And what the hell are you talking about Hitler for??? You drinking again? Dude...everything has been said on here, everything you need to know. You and rman are just sleeping thru it.

You are part of the "Bush lied people died" crowd.
However when some calls Obama on his blantant LIES..."oh...he is not lying...he is just..welll I don't know...just give him a chance."
20 Jan 2009...the beginning of an error.
Redline29
hunter

Postby SnoGeez » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:02 am

MacMan, I would prefer to not wait and see either, however, I don't know enough about historical economics. So I really have no choice. I'm going to watch that video, as soon as I find.......3 AND A HALF HOURS! Might have to watch it in pieces, but looks to be interesting.

Spinner, the day you actually want to make me president will be a cold day in hell. Stop getting my hopes up. Hell, every president has been misinformed at some point, some more than others. Does this mean you believe all of our nations presidents to be ignorant and dumb? A person can only take what people tell them and make a decision about what holds true. For any president, this is especially difficult since you have people whispering in your ear 24/7. Bush wasn't great, and made some serious public speaking follies, but I gotta give hime credit because he (like Obama) had to make some difficult choices. Obviously, ones that not everyone will like. Its gonna be a long term if we start arguing over every lie, fib, or whatever the media percieves to be.

Redline29, I was considering making a similar statement in my earlier post about us getting off topic. As much as we fight and argue on here, I like to hear what everybody has to say. I would rather not deter rrman from contributing, even if you don't like him. Also, since our president hasn't even had a month in office I find it hard to not give him a chance. And while I wasn't always a huge fan of Bush, I was never of that crowd.

Dude, lets play nice, I get eye cramps from your stuff too.
SnoGeez
hunter

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum