Global Warming Fags. . .

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Global Warming Fags. . .

Postby MacMan » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:53 am

<\\\><
MM
User avatar
MacMan
hunter
 
Posts: 7829
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:59 am
Location: Someplace, TN


Re: Global Warming Fags. . .

Postby rman114 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:08 am

I believe in climate change being caused by industry and our need to curtail as best we can but

LOL after reading this i had visions of filing out form "1078F" a form you'd need to fill out at tax time in order to track how much gas you injected into the environment by your own farts. The money would be your gas tax that is added onto income tax rate. Maybe it'll be the new "Flat tax" or in other words Flatulence Tax!

Bean and Broccoli sales would plummet! but stock in Beano now! :lol3:
User avatar
rman114
hunter
 
Posts: 1111
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:50 pm
Location: Plainfield, New Jersey

Re: Global Warming Fags. . .

Postby The Canuck Kid » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:13 am

WHAT??
those guys are right nuts!!
what a load of bull :hammer: :lol3:
Good things grow in ONTARIO
User avatar
The Canuck Kid
hunter
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:58 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Global Warming Fags. . .

Postby MacMan » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:32 am

rman114 wrote:I believe in climate change being caused by industry and our need to curtail as best we can but

LOL after reading this i had visions of filing out form "1078F" a form you'd need to fill out at tax time in order to track how much gas you injected into the environment by your own farts. The money would be your gas tax that is added onto income tax rate. Maybe it'll be the new "Flat tax" or in other words Flatulence Tax!

Bean and Broccoli sales would plummet! but stock in Beano now! :lol3:


:lol: :lol: :lol: :clapping:

That's funny!! I was reading it to the gal that sits next to me - mostly guys around here - she said she would collect the F tax from all the guys. Check this post from another board:

We see that there is wide disagreement amongst scientists about a global warming emphasis in general. But little is made of the disagreements "brewing" about methane (CH4) as a massive contributor to global warming once it can be agreed to occur at all. Then the amusing argument about CO2 vs CH4 becomes significant with even political implications. Human CO2 is far less contributory than human CH4. This means that liberals may not have a cause to bludgeon industry, America and those who choose to revel in our mere 3% global CO2 human contribution.

Therefore, one can assume that Congress would have more effect on Global Warming!

I'm glad I don't believe in it whatsoever. . .
<\\\><
MM
User avatar
MacMan
hunter
 
Posts: 7829
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:59 am
Location: Someplace, TN

Re: Global Warming Fags. . .

Postby dudejcb » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:05 pm

you may already be aware of anaerobic digetion of manure waste... but if not, this company has a pretty good track record with their systems. Energy, clean air, clean water, clean soil and more $$ for farmers. Where you "bleivieve" or not, what's not to like?
http://www.ghdinc.net/
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5250
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Re: Global Warming Fags. . .

Postby MacMan » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:32 pm

Dude - I know that there are many things man can do with guano too. . . That's Bat $hat for those that don't know. . . I'm going to cross threads here - I'm interested in wind power - BUT, the island my family lives on will not allow a structure above x nr of feet - which would defeat trying to use wind power - so, my point'? I guess I'm in deepCrap if I want to produce another form of power. . . It's all about Gov't control - but you know this. . . try building an ethanol still and see if they don't bust you.

FREEDOM . . .
'
<\\\><
MM
User avatar
MacMan
hunter
 
Posts: 7829
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:59 am
Location: Someplace, TN

Re: Global Warming Fags. . .

Postby SimpleMan » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:29 pm

Sorry , but anything "OWL GORE" runs around shouting about just turns my stomach ! And if you honestly belive our Government wants to do anything that makes since you need to pull your head out your BUTT . It's all about creating more Goverment control ,more money to redistribute -[welfare] ,more ear marks,and back scratching . More companies will close there doors and take business to another welcoming country .Either that or pass the cost onto the consumer . CONSUMERS ARE YOU AND I !
SimpleMan
hunter
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:04 am
Location: Fuquay Varina , North Carolina

Re: Global Warming Fags. . .

Postby GroundSwatter » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:06 am

No stupid, its man bear pig.

It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
User avatar
GroundSwatter
hunter
 
Posts: 3643
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:22 pm
Location: GTMO from NE Texas

Re: Global Warming Fags. . .

Postby WisconsinWaterfowler » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:45 pm

MacMan wrote:Dude - I know that there are many things man can do with guano too. . . That's Bat $hat for those that don't know. . . I'm going to cross threads here - I'm interested in wind power - BUT, the island my family lives on will not allow a structure above x nr of feet - which would defeat trying to use wind power - so, my point'? I guess I'm in deepCrap if I want to produce another form of power. . . It's all about Gov't control - but you know this. . . try building an ethanol still and see if they don't bust you.

FREEDOM . . .
'


I think wind power is a good idea its just that from what I have heard they want to put the turbines on the prairies in the Dakotas and they tried to put some I think all around the Horicon Marsh here. Anyways what Im trying to say is tall spinning turbines and flying birds especially ducks do not mix especially on the largest cattail marsh in the US and the breeding grounds for like all our ducks.
User avatar
WisconsinWaterfowler
hunter
 
Posts: 5548
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:02 pm
Location: Southern Wisconsin

Re: Global Warming Fags. . .

Postby MacMan » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:13 am

WisconsinWaterfowler wrote:
MacMan wrote:Dude - I know that there are many things man can do with guano too. . . That's Bat $hat for those that don't know. . . I'm going to cross threads here - I'm interested in wind power - BUT, the island my family lives on will not allow a structure above x nr of feet - which would defeat trying to use wind power - so, my point'? I guess I'm in deepCrap if I want to produce another form of power. . . It's all about Gov't control - but you know this. . . try building an ethanol still and see if they don't bust you.

FREEDOM . . .
'


I think wind power is a good idea its just that from what I have heard they want to put the turbines on the prairies in the Dakotas and they tried to put some I think all around the Horicon Marsh here. Anyways what Im trying to say is tall spinning turbines and flying birds especially ducks do not mix especially on the largest cattail marsh in the US and the breeding grounds for like all our ducks.


That's the lib's for you - they don't want to drill for oil because of the wildlife and habitat; YET, they'd put these turbines right smack dab in the middle of your cat tails - Hey, maybe they'll have the bright idea to make the things look like tall cyprus trees.
<\\\><
MM
User avatar
MacMan
hunter
 
Posts: 7829
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:59 am
Location: Someplace, TN

Re: Global Warming Fags. . .

Postby jrockncash » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:29 am

Before they changed the format I knew how to add pics now I dont. I have a bunch of pictures of wind turbines cutting ducks in half. They kill the hell out of tons of flying stuff. The libbies that dont want you to hunt with lead bullets that dont hurt anything after they are shot, would put a bird blender next to a condor. Go figure.
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
User avatar
jrockncash
hunter
 
Posts: 2917
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:06 pm
Location: yelling at kids to get off my lawn.

Re: Global Warming Fags. . .

Postby MacMan » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:40 am

jrockncash wrote:Before they changed the format I knew how to add pics now I dont. I have a bunch of pictures of wind turbines cutting ducks in half. They kill the hell out of tons of flying stuff. The libbies that dont want you to hunt with lead bullets that dont hurt anything after they are shot, would put a bird blender next to a condor. Go figure.


I know bro - I cannnot fine it either. . . I believe you can imbed a link to an image using the Img tag. I'd love to see these photos. . .
<\\\><
MM
User avatar
MacMan
hunter
 
Posts: 7829
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:59 am
Location: Someplace, TN

Re: Global Warming Fags. . .

Postby Rat Creek » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:40 pm

I have seen the pics also. If you google birds and wind turbines, you will see all the dead birds and bats you want to see.

The whole concept is so flawed that it is just a joke. The only way wind turbines make economic sense is when they are subsidized by the taxpayers.

For Obama voters, that means turbines don’t make economic sense unless you saddle your fellow citizens with the bill. Kind of like welfare for energy producers.

Though there are many factors, I have seen figures that put the economic payback at 30+ years. And I know I am out on a limb here, but I doubt these windmills will be running 30 years and 50 years from now without significant additional investment, thus killing the 30 year payback.

Would you make any investment that took 30 years to break even? And if it takes that long to break even, you won’t be much ahead in year 31, 32 or 33.

Again, for Obama voters and environment investors, if you want an investment like this, please send your money to me. I will send it back to you in full in 2039 and thousands of birds will be saved. :hammer:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter
 
Posts: 4442
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:11 pm
Location: Overland Park, KS

Re: Global Warming Fags. . .

Postby MacMan » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:38 pm

Chasing the wind. . . I think the Bible says something about how futile it really is!!!

http://cleantechlawandbusiness.com/clea ... -the-wind/


Notice the effects of these things on weather patterns. . .


WAKE UP!!!
<\\\><
MM
User avatar
MacMan
hunter
 
Posts: 7829
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:59 am
Location: Someplace, TN

Re: Global Warming Fags. . .

Postby jrockncash » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:50 pm

The wind turbines only have a life expectancy of 25 years. After that they need to be completely rebuilt. And that is just the ones that work well off the bat. My good buddy is a wind mill electrician. He says that he's one of the few guys thats not on meth. That has nothing to do with the mills but its worth noting. He also says they are constantly fixing and ordering 10,000 dollar parts. He laughs when people talk about doing windmills to actually make energy. Its just a way to make money. The gov gives these companies tons of money to put them up and they dont get squat out of them. Farmers get some money for allowing it and we pay for all the problems.

Its a joke! If someone would use their head they would put solar panels on every roof in every city. Then triple our nuke plants and boom, problem solved. Cellulose based fuel would be nice also. Made out of something that game animals thrive in and not food based. Hum... Switchgrass? Lets throw 20 billion dollars at battery technology and see what we get. Whats a few billion between friends right?

The disconnect between washington and NORMAL people is laughable if it wasnt so sad.
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
User avatar
jrockncash
hunter
 
Posts: 2917
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:06 pm
Location: yelling at kids to get off my lawn.

Re: Global Warming Fags. . .

Postby MacMan » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:14 pm

BINGO. . . There is too much good that can come from making Ethanol from switchgrass and hundreds of other substances - Corn was not the best component for this process and has given ethanol a bad name. There's even Gov't grants that an individual can use to produce ethanol and end up producing fuel for .40 per gallon. But, I HATE registering anything w/ the Gov't.
<\\\><
MM
User avatar
MacMan
hunter
 
Posts: 7829
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:59 am
Location: Someplace, TN

Re: Global Warming Fags. . .

Postby GroundSwatter » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:35 pm

MacMan wrote:BINGO. . . There is too much good that can come from making Ethanol from switchgrass and hundreds of other substances - Corn was not the best component for this process and has given ethanol a bad name. There's even Gov't grants that an individual can use to produce ethanol and end up producing fuel for .40 per gallon. But, I HATE registering anything w/ the Gov't.



Macman, Switchgrass won't get you votes, but corn will. We already know that corn won't work, Brazil tried it already, they switched to Sugercane, but we have a lot of voting corn farmers and very few voting switchgrass farmers. Plus, even if we took up all the existing farm land and planted it in corn, we still wouldn't have enough fuel to run the US. So now we would be importing corn instead of oil. I guess we have to pick our poison.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
User avatar
GroundSwatter
hunter
 
Posts: 3643
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:22 pm
Location: GTMO from NE Texas

Re: Global Warming Fags. . .

Postby MacMan » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:50 pm

Yea, you are right - there's political money tied up in corn. . . BUT, the home still could "still" get the Gov't aid to produce ethanol and by importing "cooking" sugar from South America might be a viable answer to the home grown ehtanol station. I am still considering this option for our next gas spike and maybe other reasons. The ROI is about 10 mos for the still itself - if I produced for me and me only.
<\\\><
MM
User avatar
MacMan
hunter
 
Posts: 7829
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:59 am
Location: Someplace, TN

Re: Global Warming Fags. . .

Postby dudejcb » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:05 pm

GroundSwatter wrote:
MacMan wrote:BINGO. . . There is too much good that can come from making Ethanol from switchgrass and hundreds of other substances - Corn was not the best component for this process and has given ethanol a bad name. There's even Gov't grants that an individual can use to produce ethanol and end up producing fuel for .40 per gallon. But, I HATE registering anything w/ the Gov't.



Macman, Switchgrass won't get you votes, but corn will. We already know that corn won't work, Brazil tried it already, they switched to Sugercane, but we have a lot of voting corn farmers and very few voting switchgrass farmers. Plus, even if we took up all the existing farm land and planted it in corn, we still wouldn't have enough fuel to run the US. So now we would be importing corn instead of oil. I guess we have to pick our poison.


Switch grass or prairie grass should get votes, but it won't get the support of big ag. If the right enzymes can be developed for cellulosic ethanol, and prairie grasses will grow on marginal land without irrigation or chemigation, and will sequester carbon in the root system...it's a winner for farmers and only need be mowed, bailed and processed.

Our problem is we have a rather uneducated or up to speed electorate, and succubus political leaders who love to screw with big money, and that big money is also used to brainwash the aforementioned nitwit electorate that listens to Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly and their bottom feeding ilk.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5250
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Re: Global Warming Fags. . .

Postby MacMan » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:31 pm

dudejcb wrote:
GroundSwatter wrote:
MacMan wrote:BINGO. . . There is too much good that can come from making Ethanol from switchgrass and hundreds of other substances - Corn was not the best component for this process and has given ethanol a bad name. There's even Gov't grants that an individual can use to produce ethanol and end up producing fuel for .40 per gallon. But, I HATE registering anything w/ the Gov't.



Macman, Switchgrass won't get you votes, but corn will. We already know that corn won't work, Brazil tried it already, they switched to Sugercane, but we have a lot of voting corn farmers and very few voting switchgrass farmers. Plus, even if we took up all the existing farm land and planted it in corn, we still wouldn't have enough fuel to run the US. So now we would be importing corn instead of oil. I guess we have to pick our poison.


Switch grass or prairie grass should get votes, but it won't get the support of big ag. If the right enzymes can be developed for cellulosic ethanol, and prairie grasses will grow on marginal land without irrigation or chemigation, and will sequester carbon in the root system...it's a winner for farmers and only need be mowed, bailed and processed.

Our problem is we have a rather uneducated or up to speed electorate, and succubus political leaders who love to screw with big money, and that big money is also used to brainwash the aforementioned nitwit electorate that listens to Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly and their bottom feeding ilk.


Dang DUDE - you "often" have wonderfully insightful things to say (for a blueDog); however, to end your brief w/ a slam to folks that listen to the "real" American right wing and those that we MUST gravitate to in these EVIL times. So - girlfriend (I'm big enough to say that) "we" nitwits MAY protect you from the Globalist NWO takeover. . .
<\\\><
MM
User avatar
MacMan
hunter
 
Posts: 7829
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:59 am
Location: Someplace, TN

Re: Global Warming Fags. . .

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:38 pm

Switch grass or prairie grass should get votes, but it won't get the support of big ag. If the right enzymes can be developed for cellulosic ethanol, and prairie grasses will grow on marginal land without irrigation or chemigation, and will sequester carbon in the root system...it's a winner for farmers and only need be mowed, bailed and processed.

It has been proven that it costs more energy to grow and harvest the corn than what you get out of it as a viable fuel. Remember, Brazil subsidizes it,s sugar cane.. Corn also requires a massive amount of fertilizer. If they work on the enzymes for the switchgrass...that might work...
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 57466
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Global Warming Fags. . .

Postby dudejcb » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:30 am

MacMan wrote:That's the lib's for you - they don't want to drill for oil because of the wildlife and habitat; YET, they'd put these turbines right smack dab in the middle of your cat tails - Hey, maybe they'll have the bright idea to make the things look like tall cyprus trees.

uhh, yeah, right. I used to hunt around Horicon Marsh and aside fromthe marsh itself, it's mostly private farmland, and I don't recall many or even any transmission lines that would be needed to get the elusive wind poer out of there. And it's not a very good wind resource spot nor a good site considering wildlfe. This idea, if real, is proabably the pipe dream of some opportunisitc developer...not a "lib" or "fag" as you all may wish to say.

Birds do get killed though. We should know right? Most birds get killed by flying into windows on tall buildings. see what the bird people have to say about it... http://www.abcbirds.org/conservationiss ... /wind.html

Horicon Marsh would be a poor site for wind and it appears Altamont Pass has had a negative impact (no pun) on raptors. But the technology seem sto be progressing... http://www.popularmechanics.com/science ... 22351.html In any event thewse should be sited in such a way as to minimize negative impacts... but that is not to say we don't do it anywhere, ever. We should try to be smart andnot just greedy or dumb.

As for renewable technologies needing tax breaks or incentives before economies of scale come to bear and then market forces take over... well, yes. It was the same for the electricity when it was new. Remember the Rural Electrification Act . How bout when we want transcontinental railroads the Railroad Act was passed that gave away one mile of property on both sides of the tracks to the railroad...so theycould become land developers, speculators and real estate snake oils salesman (read the book: Badlands)was passed.

But I wonder why oil companies get subsidies now? It seems like that's a fairly mature industry that should have "found its legs" by now. And they seem to be recording record profits. so what gives?

I don't think wind power will solve all our ills, but it has its place. What does bother me is how easily you guys go off half-cocked and half-witted, without thinking at all, for the sake of bashing others in a juvenile high-school-like mentality, without adding anything of value to the discussion. Where are the adults?
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5250
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Re: Global Warming Fags. . .

Postby jrockncash » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:36 pm

Dude I just wrote a huge long response and at the end erased it. :lol3: Ill just say this... you realize that you argue straight down party lines exactly right? We have shown you numerous sources and reasons that Ethanol and Wind and Solar to a lesser extent is worthless.(wheres the "Seeing the big picture" at?)

The only thing alternatives (in their current form) do is make the uninformed feel better about what they hear on TV. Just like Carbon Credits.

PS whoever turned me on to Mark Levin... Thanks!

Doesnt it feel good to get worked up! :lol3: :beer:
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
User avatar
jrockncash
hunter
 
Posts: 2917
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:06 pm
Location: yelling at kids to get off my lawn.

Re: Global Warming Fags. . .

Postby dudejcb » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:59 pm

Jrock, I really don't know about "party" lines. I just have my own takes and that's it. If you think it's a party fine. What party are you touting anyway?

Did I not say corn ethanol was a $$$ hoax for big Agra? Solar hapens to be coincident with peak electrical demand which is good. Doesn't do much at night. But if it were on your roof you'd get 3 benefits: 1) it would shade your roof, making a) your house cooler in summer, and b) making your air conditioning bill less; and 3) it would make your roof last longer cuz it wouldn't be so detiorated by the sun. That's a 3-fer for space not being used for anything but to keep your head dry. (go ahead, ask me how I know.)

There are places where the only useful thing is wind and and sunlight (and maybe creosote brush). If wind was good enough to move sailing ships and turn mills and water pumps in times past, I really don't see why we can't harness it generate electricity in those places of minimal impact. Where's the common sense man?

I think you guys like to confuse me with a liberal nitwit douche bag or deadhead loser for whom chasing the band was life itself. Not so. I think much of what you have to say is valid and everything I have to say is valid. Do we understand one another, douche belt? (have to laugh. what is a douche belt anyway... oh! a typo! sorry bout that that :-)
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5250
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Re: Global Warming Fags. . .

Postby jrockncash » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:42 pm

I should of read this post first. :lol: I got the sassy ones first and finally got down to this one. Everyone thinks they are right or else they would change their mind, right?

Look up at my other post. I can find it for you if you like. I posted the same thing about solar so here we are arguing about the same thing from the same point of view. Isnt Chicago the windy city? Lets cover the town in turbines and see how that does. Im tired of rural america being the testing ground for garbage science. The only party im touting is the house party im having this weekend. :lol3: If you knew that meant my best buddie and his wife and kids eating ice cream and running around my house it wouldnt be as cool would it? While we drink beers and bitch about Barry running our country into the ground. :beer:

We should of gone hunting this last season dude. I would love to sit and argue with you all day long while you complained about being old and how its bushs fault. :hi:

If only you would use your powers for good instead of Evil. :lol3: And stop putting notches in your Douche Belt.
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
User avatar
jrockncash
hunter
 
Posts: 2917
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:06 pm
Location: yelling at kids to get off my lawn.

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests