The Truth about global warming...

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

The Truth about global warming...

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:27 pm

The sun is to blame... sun spot intensity. This tax BS on our carbon emissions is bordering on criminal!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandte ... blame.html

Stop buying into the media frenzy!!!!
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56833
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana


Re: The Truth about global warming...

Postby buckmeister » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:39 pm

The german scientist will be labeld as quacks and totally ignored by the American leftist media.
"Give me liberty or give me death"
buckmeister
hunter
 
Posts: 4295
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:07 pm
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma

Re: The Truth about global warming...

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:05 am

buckmeister wrote:The german scientist will be labeld as quacks and totally ignored by the American leftist media.


There are a lot of people that stand to make billions in "tax credits" if the pseudo science becomes policy. Follow the money trail...and see the real reasons for the push...

They want to tax us by the miles that we drive with GPS systems in our car! WAKE-UP AMERICA!!!
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56833
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: The Truth about global warming...

Postby MacMan » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:04 pm

Indaswamp wrote:
buckmeister wrote:The german scientist will be labeld as quacks and totally ignored by the American leftist media.


There are a lot of people that stand to make billions in "tax credits" if the pseudo science becomes policy. Follow the money trail...and see the real reasons for the push...

They want to tax us by the miles that we drive with GPS systems in our car! WAKE-UP AMERICA!!!


I'm thinking there's a lot of people that stand to make billions on all of the psuedo energy soultions. Firstly, there's enough evidence regarding oil supplies and American drilling technology for us to be completely self-sufficient; in fact, some states (California in particular 4th leading oil state) could be operating in the black in a couple/few years by getting back into the business. . . So, this entire Global warning religion - the push away from fossil fuel - the push toward alternative sources is nothing more than globalization.

I think there's a vs. in the bible:

1The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.

When talking to some lib's I feel there's a deeper issue other than a mindset - it's actually hard to take a couple of bible vs. without the historical setting and the entire chapter to get the full gist. But this sounds about right for these days. . .
<\\\><
MM
User avatar
MacMan
hunter
 
Posts: 7828
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:59 am
Location: Someplace, TN

Re: The Truth about global warming...

Postby Rat Creek » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:21 pm

Amen. That is why I call it the Church of Global Warming. You have to abandon all logic and just follow the new cult leaders. No amount of evidence can change the mind of a climate change evangelical. :bow: :bow: :bow:
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter
 
Posts: 4392
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:11 pm
Location: Overland Park, KS

Re: The Truth about global warming...

Postby buckmeister » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:10 pm

Mac:

You hit the nail on the head with your quotation from 1st Timothy 4:1.

Heres a few for the Global warming crowd:

Colossians 1:16a-For by him all things were created, both in the heavens and on the earth.

Colossians 1:17 - He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

That part in verse 17 "all things hold together" means just that. The ozone, gravity, and oxygen and everything to sustain our lives is courtesy of The Alpha and Omega. The idea that man is going to destroy the atmosphere is the epitome of arrogance. I am not saying lets take the emission controls of our cars and dump toxins in our rivers at will. But the idea that Albert Gore is a messenger that is going to save this planet is absurd. There is only one who can save this planet and he was here 2,000 years ago and he is coming back in the clouds with power!
"Give me liberty or give me death"
buckmeister
hunter
 
Posts: 4295
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:07 pm
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma

Re: The Truth about global warming...

Postby MacMan » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:05 pm

YO BM - dawg gone if we ain't on the same page. . . This whole thing has "forced" me into delving deeper into the Word - but you know BM - the recent occurance - 4 days of :thumbsup: in the Dow is nothing - Barrack said today - "oh the economy - it's not that bad, not as bad as we thought" (verbatim) Now that they've gotten the money from our next genertation - and he preached not 3 weeks ago - "if we don't pass this bill, life as we know it is finished". . . satan incarnate. :mad:
<\\\><
MM
User avatar
MacMan
hunter
 
Posts: 7828
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:59 am
Location: Someplace, TN

Re: The Truth about global warming...

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:07 pm

Image
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56833
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: The Truth about global warming...

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:11 pm

MacMan wrote:YO BM - dawg gone if we ain't on the same page. . . This whole thing has "forced" me into delving deeper into the Word - but you know BM - the recent occurance - 4 days of :thumbsup: in the Dow is nothing - Barrack said today - "oh the economy - it's not that bad, not as bad as we thought" (verbatim) Now that they've gotten the money from our next genertation - and he preached not 3 weeks ago - "if we don't pass this bill, life as we know it is finished". . . satan incarnate. :mad:



This ones for you Mac... :hi: :lol3: :lol3:

Image
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56833
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: The Truth about global warming...

Postby Indaswamp » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:16 pm

This ones for Dude... :lol3:
Image
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56833
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: The Truth about global warming...

Postby MacMan » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:34 pm

I'm fixin' to crash out for the night and Inda' has to get me laughin' so much I have to watch another 30mins Fox to wind back down. . .

THAT WAS GREAT INDA. . .


I'll pass it along too!!!!


:yes:

:beer:
<\\\><
MM
User avatar
MacMan
hunter
 
Posts: 7828
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:59 am
Location: Someplace, TN

Re: The Truth about global warming...

Postby Brydog » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:36 am

Indaswamp wrote:This ones for Dude... :lol3:
Image


Since when does the truth have anything to do with the facts ?!?!? :fingerhead:
This is America,,, Remember ?!?
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
User avatar
Brydog
Banned
 
Posts: 4941
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:00 pm
Location: Lake Isabella Michigan, Houghton Lake Michigan

Re: The Truth about global warming...

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:48 am

Nobody listens to the real climate change experts....(especially politicians)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/colu ... perts.html
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56833
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: The Truth about global warming...

Postby dudejcb » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:47 am

Indaswamp you need to pick an argument and stick with it. You earlier claimed that we're in the midst of a 23-year cooling cycle based on Dr. Avery's assertions from the neocon think tank The Hudson Institute.

Now you claim that sunspot are more intense and that's why we're warming. Okay, more intense solar energy would contribute to warming just as a big fire is warmer than a small fire. Solar intensity, global shading, global reflectivity or emissivity are all factors that interact dynamically to determine temperatures and weather patterns. That's not new news.

But which argument are you supporting? Is climate change tending toward warming or cooling. Can't really do both simultaneously. If you don't know, then say you don't know.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5249
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Re: The Truth about global warming...

Postby Rat Creek » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:01 pm

Dude:

Shouldn't you be in the Church of Global Warming right now??? :bow: :bow: :bow:

Praying for a new socialist eutopia where carbon no longer exists.
Rat Creek
Rat Creek
hunter
 
Posts: 4392
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:11 pm
Location: Overland Park, KS

Re: The Truth about global warming...

Postby dudejcb » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:10 pm

Rat Creek you've said some pretty dumb things, but that may be the dumbest yet. I'm confident you can outdo yourself again however, and set a new high, or low, depending on how one sees it. :hi: (while I think emoticons are gay, I also think I needed to soften that to let you know I was smiling--in a friendly way--as I typed...so yes, I emoticon-ed.)

BTW: what church are you attending this morning?
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5249
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Re: The Truth about global warming...

Postby Indaswamp » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:43 pm

dudejcb wrote:Indaswamp you need to pick an argument and stick with it. You earlier claimed that we're in the midst of a 23-year cooling cycle based on Dr. Avery's assertions from the neocon think tank The Hudson Institute.

Now you claim that sunspot are more intense and that's why we're warming. Okay, more intense solar energy would contribute to warming just as a big fire is warmer than a small fire. Solar intensity, global shading, global reflectivity or emissivity are all factors that interact dynamically to determine temperatures and weather patterns. That's not new news.

But which argument are you supporting? Is climate change tending toward warming or cooling. Can't really do both simultaneously. If you don't know, then say you don't know.


Dude...glad you see the irony. That was the point. There are compelling enough arguments on both sides. Fact is nobody can conclusively say what the hell is going to happen. Too many parameters and variables to assess to conclude definitively one way or the other. No, I don't know....but neither does anyone else....but Al Gore wants to tax us for it for a profit.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Image
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 56833
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: The Truth about global warming...

Postby dudejcb » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:25 pm

Indaswamp,

some facts and arguments are more convincing than others. the facts I find most convincing are the retreat of glaciers and polar ice caps, and the thawing of the permafrost. Ice melts when it gets warm. Very simple, straightfoward and hard to argue with. I also find increased desertification of certain areas and spred of drought tolerant plant species in new, formerly more lush, environs to be a signals of something changing. What could it be?

As for Mr. Avery's contenetion fo a 23-year cooling cycle I remain unconvinced. No other credible sources echo that point of view, and 23-years isn't long enough to even be a a potential blip geologically.

Yet you are right to a point. The atmoshperic and climatological systems are very dynamic, and there are many many factors at play. Many of those factors provide upward or downward pressure on temperatures. But overall, the melting of glaciers, ice caps, and perma frost speak the loudest to me.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5249
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Re: The Truth about global warming...

Postby buckmeister » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:33 pm

So the glaciers are melting, does not mean it is caused by man. The lady across the street has a fat ass but its not from the beer Im drinking. Sorry for getting so scientific.
"Give me liberty or give me death"
buckmeister
hunter
 
Posts: 4295
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:07 pm
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma

Re: The Truth about global warming...

Postby dudejcb » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:26 am

Your neighbor's fat ass doesn't impact me. a warming or changing climate that has the potential of making large portions of the earth uninhabitable does. using and extending your logic: we don't cause cold weather in winter so why should I wear a coat and waders to go hunting in cold weather. Why have air conditioning. Why plant shade trees? Oh that's right: so we will survive or at least be somewhat comfortable while surviving.

I guess we could just move north as the panet heats up. I'm sure the the Canadians will be glad to have us as new neighbors; driving up their cost for real estate and all other resources through increased competition. That'll work, right? No worries.
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
User avatar
dudejcb
hunter
 
Posts: 5249
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am
Location: SW Idaho

Re: The Truth about global warming...

Postby Preacher1011 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:54 am

Image
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.


jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?


Image
User avatar
Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 8448
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:14 pm
Location: Knoxville, TN

Re: The Truth about global warming...

Postby SpinnerMan » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:18 pm

dudejcb wrote: a warming or changing climate that has the potential of making large portions of the earth uninhabitable does.
If all else fails, then preach fire and brimstone. Right out of the cult text book. Do as I say or face the fires of hell?

BTW, what part of the earth is uninhabitable as we speak. We grow a hell of a lot of our food supply in freaking deserts. We could have turned the f'ing sahara desert green with the money Obama has pissed away in his short tenure.

Unbunch those panties and get a little perspective. For somebody that likes calling people names, there are no good ones to describe this emotional nonsense.
User avatar
SpinnerMan
hunter
 
Posts: 16073
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:24 am
Location: Joliet, IL

Re: The Truth about global warming...

Postby LJensen » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:58 am

The debate over climate change will continue for a long time. I don't think we will ever come to a conclusion that will satisfy everyone. I have mixed emotions about the whole topic. As a science teacher (biology) I get to see all kinds of arguments and field many questions from students who get information from all kinds of sources. The first thing I tell them is that science is imperfect and always seeking to become better. The second thing I tell them is that there are always going to be sources of information that will seem to debunk a theory, regardless of the merit of your theory. Case in point Atomic theory and Evolution. No one has ever seen an atom, we can't absolutely prove its there yet every one accepts it. With Evolution, it is widely accepted by the scientific community, yet there are detractors that site evidence why its wrong. My point is that there will continue to be new discoveries, and there will always be people who disagree with you.

I do think that we need to change the way we treat our planet. I do think that we should be more responsible with our resources. Do I think that our current "climate change" is man-made? I don't know. Current studies estimate the age of the earth to be around 4.5 billion years old. Man, in our current state, has been on this planet for less than 200,000 years. I think that it might be a little ego-centric to think that we could have that kind of impact in such a short time. But the evidence seems to be overwhelming. Personally, I do not believe any studies on climate change that site "how much the planet has changed since the 1960's or 70's". That 30 or 40 year period is a drop in the ocean compared to the millions of years of activity before that.

Like I said, this isn't going away. But to stick your head in the sand, regardless of your position, will not help or contribute to finding a solution.
User avatar
LJensen
hunter
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:27 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Re: The Truth about global warming...

Postby MacMan » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:35 am

LJensen wrote:The debate over climate change will continue for a long time. I don't think we will ever come to a conclusion that will satisfy everyone. I have mixed emotions about the whole topic. As a science teacher (biology) I get to see all kinds of arguments and field many questions from students who get information from all kinds of sources. The first thing I tell them is that science is imperfect and always seeking to become better. The second thing I tell them is that there are always going to be sources of information that will seem to debunk a theory, regardless of the merit of your theory. Case in point Atomic theory and Evolution. No one has ever seen an atom, we can't absolutely prove its there yet every one accepts it. With Evolution, it is widely accepted by the scientific community, yet there are detractors that site evidence why its wrong. My point is that there will continue to be new discoveries, and there will always be people who disagree with you.

I do think that we need to change the way we treat our planet. I do think that we should be more responsible with our resources. Do I think that our current "climate change" is man-made? I don't know. Current studies estimate the age of the earth to be around 4.5 billion years old. Man, in our current state, has been on this planet for less than 200,000 years. I think that it might be a little ego-centric to think that we could have that kind of impact in such a short time. But the evidence seems to be overwhelming. Personally, I do not believe any studies on climate change that site "how much the planet has changed since the 1960's or 70's". That 30 or 40 year period is a drop in the ocean compared to the millions of years of activity before that.

Like I said, this isn't going away. But to stick your head in the sand, regardless of your position, will not help or contribute to finding a solution.


I appreciate your input - especially from the Science teacher perspective. . . However, your conclusion "finding a solution" indicates that you believe there's a problem. Once again from your perspective; do you believe that one volcano erruption can do more to the earth's atmosphere than mankind has ever done throughout history? If so, we must then believe that any futile attempt from mankind can do nothing for or against the earth. This debate is the same as the darwinic theories to us Christians - we think it's utter BS. Too many scientist agree with us in that the fuzzy logic used to present Global warming is insufficient at best to predict anything and the zealot Al Gore can be refuted on each and every bullet point he makes in his presentation. How egocentric of man to think he can have any impact on anything apart from God. Isn't that the true debate?
<\\\><
MM
User avatar
MacMan
hunter
 
Posts: 7828
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:59 am
Location: Someplace, TN

Re: The Truth about global warming...

Postby LJensen » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:55 am

I would agree with you that no one can have an impact that God can. There have been times in geologic evidence that the volcanic activity would put our current levels of carbon to shame, and that is my point. Most of the time I lean toward the idea that the "global warming" is not man made and this is just part of the earth's natural cycle. I have never, nor will I ever follow anything that Al "peace prize" Gore says. Nor would I ever show his docu-drame to my students, its just bad science.

In my eyes "finding the solution" comes down to a solution between the people who think we should continue to consume resources at our present level, and those (of which I am a part of) who are advocates for responsible use of resources. What I mean by that is we should use what God has provided us on this planet, but we should be mindful to not abuse or overuse those resources.
User avatar
LJensen
hunter
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:27 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Next

Return to Controversial Issues Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: SpinnerMan and 4 guests