Jon Stewart

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Jon Stewart

Postby dudejcb » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:56 am

Stewart schooled Mad Money's Jim Cramer during his Daily Show interview/smack-down.

Did you hear or see it? Did you hear and see Jim Cramer talking about the gamesmanship of wall street insiders, who were literally playing all of us for fools to build the bubble and take profits at our expense?

here's one analytical article...http://jamesfallows.theatlantic.com/arc ... _becom.php

and here's the actual interview. But listen all the way to the end where it comes out. The March 12th full episode.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-episod ... eId=220533
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Re: Jon Stewart

Postby GroundSwatter » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:15 am

It was pretty funny, awkward, and sad all at the same time.

I have honestly been reluctant to take too much of Cramer's advice on Mad Money for the reasons John Stewart pointed out, too many cheesy theatrics. I think Jon Stewarts biggest criticisms were of CNBC as a whole and Cramer just happened to be apart of it.

Wall street is definitely a crooks and swindlers. They made the mistake of thinking, we're going to keep going up and and its never going to stop.
It's a fact that 70 percent of the people who purchase heavier tackle do so with the categorical I just lost a huge snook! Einstein Hairdo.The other 30 percent have either Tarpon Fever or are sporting a hand cramped into a claw from a deepwater grouper.
GroundSwatter
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:50 am

I agree. Cramer just happened to take the hit for CNBC as a whole and Stewart said as much. He got a little carried away with carnival showmanship and probably did what his sponsors wanted. There was apretty good linein there where Cramer said there was amarket for what he does, and Stewart replied; yeah, and there's a market for cocaine and crack whores too! So what?... or something like that. Did kind of feel sorry for Cramer but he had the spine to take it, admit he could do better, and say he would try. So good on him for that.

I think Stewart is doing a pretty good puclic service in many regards, and I think Cramer is a well intentioned person, so it will be interesting to see if and how he changes his show to actually help the small regular person investor in a moe thoughtful way.
dudejcb
hunter

Postby HtownBlaster » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:20 pm

Who care's about these guys?

Cramer's track record of picking winners is pathetic. If you listen to him, you deserve what you got. He only has a show becuase of his outrageous personality.

John Stewart is just another dumb democrat. He wants to blame Cramer for people losing money? Please take a look at the Democratic Congress that you and your uneducated viewers decided to vote for. Quit acting like everybody owes you something. Continue doing your C rated comedy news program, and quit pretending you know 1 pennies worth of economics. There is more information in 1 show of Southpark, than an entire season of the Daily Show.

This post is a complete waste of time. I saw the title, and I should have known not to open it up. But, I've had a pretty rough day, and I always feel better after taking some shots at Dude. :yes:
HtownBlaster
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:02 pm

HtownBlaster wrote:Who care's about these guys?

Cramer's track record of picking winners is pathetic. If you listen to him, you deserve what you got. He only has a show becuase of his outrageous personality.

John Stewart is just another dumb democrat. He wants to blame Cramer for people losing money? Please take a look at the Democratic Congress that you and your uneducated viewers decided to vote for. Quit acting like everybody owes you something. Continue doing your C rated comedy news program, and quit pretending you know 1 pennies worth of economics. There is more information in 1 show of Southpark, than an entire season of the Daily Show.

This post is a complete waste of time. I saw the title, and I should have known not to open it up. But, I've had a pretty rough day, and I always feel better after taking some shots at Dude. :yes:
Htown your anlysis speaks for itself. You really don't understaqnd what they were talking about do you. You were right. You should've jsut stayed out...cuz now we know that you don't know.
dudejcb
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum