Assault Weapons Ban Letter

A forum not related to waterfowl for discussing the more controversial and hot topic issues in our world from immigration, politics, the war, etc..

Moderators: Smackaduck, MM

Assault Weapons Ban Letter

Postby drakeslayer621 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:26 pm

This letter was addressed to Attorney General Eric Holder and signed by 60+ democrats. http://www.nraila.org/media/PDFs/AWBLet ... der309.pdf

this makes me feel a little better about this whole thing.
if it flies it dies
drakeslayer621
hunter

Re: Assault Weapons Ban Letter

Postby MacMan » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:07 pm

Thanks for the post. . . I do believe these socailist push the envelope to see how far we can go and then pull back. . . BUT, they are not finished - there's much going on behind the scenes with ammunition!
<\\\><
MM
MacMan
hunter

Postby msmall » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:36 am

Now out of all those people, how many do you think are up for re-election soon? They know damn well that if they come out and publicly support the assault weapons ban they will be put under fire by Republicans and the NRA, and will piss off a large part of their constituents (sp?). This is purely a tactic to convince gun owners that they support gun ownership rights. Once they have secured re-election you will see them quickly fall into party lines. This is purely window dressing, so dont fall for it!!! :fingerpt: :fingerpt:
msmall
hunter

Postby dudejcb » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:09 pm

msmall wrote:Now out of all those people, how many do you think are up for re-election soon? They know damn well that if they come out and publicly support the assault weapons ban they will be put under fire by Republicans and the NRA, and will piss off a large part of their constituents (sp?). This is purely a tactic to convince gun owners that they support gun ownership rights. Once they have secured re-election you will see them quickly fall into party lines. This is purely window dressing, so dont fall for it!!! :fingerpt: :fingerpt:

yeah, right...just window dressing. could you be any more paranoid and cynical? You really should see a shrink for your delusional outlook on the world. REALLY!
What's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding?
dudejcb
hunter

Postby msmall » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:20 pm

Spoken like a true democrat!!!! They may not support the assault weapons ban but I guarantee they will support some other type of gun control or ammo control. Dude I'm surprised you actually were able to come up with some thing so witty without the help of your buddy brydog. They could be all signing a bill to outlaw all guns and you and brydog would be saying "You're all paranoid, if you were all on your knees praying to the all mighty Obama you would be able to see the light and be delivered like I was!" Hallalujah!!! So whats your thought on the special olympics??? Just like your buddy Obama I bet, probably go down to the farm, stand around with the rest of your granola gang and make fun of the "retards" too. Youre the one who needs help, and you need to pull your head out of your a**!
msmall
hunter

Postby buckmeister » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:27 pm

If Oboma is not going to go after gun owners then why did the defence department just change their policy on reloading used millitary brass? If you buy the used brass it must be shredded and cannot be commercially reloaded. The sole point is to drive up the cost of ammo. This is not paranoia this is just understanding our opposition. The president of Georgia Arms a company I buy 308 ammo from was stating that this will put him and 60 employees out of business. It will also take a good source of ammo away from shooters.
"Give me liberty or give me death"
buckmeister
hunter

Postby jrockncash » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:47 pm

Well Buckmaster, the paranoid loonies that freaked out when they heard about this and actually did something about it (wrote their congressmen and senators) got this fixed in no time flat. I heard they have already rescinded the rule they passed to outlaw the brass. So good things happen when you find the motivation to do things. :thumbsup:
There is more value to land not developed than simply monetary. Aldo Leopold

The only thing necessary for Evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing. Edmond Burke

What could be worse than getting humped by Bears? Bubbles Trailer Park Boys
jrockncash
hunter

Return to Controversial Issues Forum