maybe you guys can help me on this one

A forum to discuss home defense and personal defense to keep out crime.

Moderators: La. Hunter, badandy970, Montanafowler

Postby Montanafowler » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:48 pm

as a few of you may know, i'm a construction worker here in Montana. I normally work a few hours from home every day, but occasionally i have to travel out of state for a week at a time and come back home on the weekends. i'm trying to find a way to effectively CC when i'm out of town (not necessarily on the jobsite, just after work). We normally stay in a hotel and don't have our own vehicles there, so i have to find a way to make sure my gun is secure when i can't carry it. I refuse to leave my gun just sitting in my bag in an empty hotel room where any of the staff could come in and steal it, and i'm not too enthused about leaving it under the seat in the work truck where i can't keep my eye on who's coming and going.

does anyone have a suggestion for what i should look into? i hate the idea of being in another town in another state where i don't know anyone and have to interact with shady people on the regular, and not have a way to defend myself if $#!t goes bad.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby La. Hunter » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:18 am

Maybe you can find a lunch box that has a false bottom. I did a search for one but came up with nothing. However, maybe you could find a large old style lunch box and construct a false bottom.
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Re: maybe you guys can help me on this one

Postby Preacher1011 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:10 pm

If you can see your truck and it's locked, I don't see a problem with it. I leave one of my Glocks in my truck all the time (even where I'm not supposed to have one technically, you can PM me about that haha). Anywho, you could buy one of those small safes and shove it up under your seat or carry a backpack with you to work or something and leave it near you locked up in the case.

Something like this:

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=GunVault-Micro-Vault&i=430497&aID=503AH&merchID=4006
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Montanafowler » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:11 pm

preach, it wouldn't be my truck, it would be in the work truck, and it doesn't have any locks on it.

i may try the lunchbox thing, if i can.
Booney3721 wrote:Try being a dishwasher/Grill cook/ellectrition/garbage disposer and your owner/boss is a fat greek woman who cals you names as Retard, stupid, idiot, molocah, f*** face and tard, and tells you that you was the inspiration for abortion and birth control.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby whaknstak » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:40 pm

Most hotels have a safe. I used the one in the closet all week on my honeymoon. Locked it away when out and about, night stand when I went to bed. You set the combo. If you can see the vehicle, leave it under the seat. Maybe get a lockable safe with a cable if worried. Can you not cc on the job?
"Do you care about freedom? Dreams may have inspired it, and wishes prompted it, but only war and weapons have made it yours."

Col Jeff Cooper
whaknstak
hunter

Postby Montanafowler » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:57 pm

whaknstak wrote:Can you not cc on the job?

not really. i build concrete walls and floors, i'm constantly climbing up scaffolding or built forms, or carrying things that would probably be rubbing on or damaging my pistol. my gun would undoubtedly become unconcealed about a million times per day, plus it could be damaged due to constant contact with materials. it could just as easily fall out of a holster as i was climbing up something or fall into the wall when i'm up on top. i also sometimes have to climb into the wall, a pretty tight space to have a gun get hung up on ties inside the wall. in reality, you can't CC on a construction site.

i've never seen a motel room with a safe either, i don't think they have them out here.
Montanafowler
Forum Moderator

Postby DanJeffandJack » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:35 pm

Just get one of the 30 dollar pistol safes that has a cable coming out of it. Bolt it onto the seat of the truck during the day.
vincentpa wrote:The southern boys get it all. It's not right.
DanJeffandJack
hunter

Postby Preacher1011 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:18 pm

Montanafowler wrote:
whaknstak wrote:Can you not cc on the job?

not really. i build concrete walls and floors, i'm constantly climbing up scaffolding or built forms, or carrying things that would probably be rubbing on or damaging my pistol. my gun would undoubtedly become unconcealed about a million times per day, plus it could be damaged due to constant contact with materials. it could just as easily fall out of a holster as i was climbing up something or fall into the wall when i'm up on top. i also sometimes have to climb into the wall, a pretty tight space to have a gun get hung up on ties inside the wall. in reality, you can't CC on a construction site.

i've never seen a motel room with a safe either, i don't think they have them out here.

I'll 2nd you on not being able to carry on site. I couldn't carry while doing construction. I'd love to, but can't. When I ride my bike to work, I always carry a backpack and I just leave it in there. As long as you trust who you work with, I'd recommend the same. If you don't trust them, put it in a lock box inside the backpack. I keep my backpack where I can see it while I work and don't think twice about it.
Locked&Loaded wrote: I got out shot by a 13 yeard old girl.

jrockncash wrote:Is that mask only for ghosts or can fat guys with little weiners use it too?

Preacher1011
Forum & State Moderator

Postby swmpwater » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:53 pm

you could always get a smaller hand gun to keep on you, I carry a Diamond Back on my ankle and no one ever knows it
swmpwater
hunter

Postby stoneez » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:24 am

This should also have a cable lock to secure it to something. You can always lock it to the bed frame at the hotel. It may not be 100% fool proof, but given your choices, it may be the best option. If the truck doesnt lock, I see this as a better option.
stoneez
hunter

Return to Home and Personal Defense Forum