Just to drive you crazy.......

A forum to discuss home defense and personal defense to keep out crime.

Moderators: La. Hunter, badandy970, Montanafowler

Just to drive you crazy.......

Postby Slack Tide » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:06 am

Please go to the Honey Hole and have a look at my post "Stillllll Waiting"....you won't believe what I am going through getting a permit on Long Island NY

Also, please remark on how you all safely store your handguns in a manor for quick access (2 small kids) in case of an emergency.
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Re: Just to drive you crazy.......

Postby sharris » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:28 pm

I have little kids and I keep all firearms locked up. My kids know about guns and that they aren't allowed to touch them and that they must tell an adult right away if they see one. I have tested them and would recommend you do the same with your kids. I am not willing to take the risk of a gun falling into a kid's hands and therefore I have to sacrifice immediate access.

The best thing to do is live in an area with low crime and have a big dog or two. The dogs should give you enough time to get your gun out of the safe if you have one of the quick access safes. If you live in an area with high crime just get a concealed carry permit and keep the gun in your pocket. This way you have immediate access and know little hands aren't touching it. It seems based on your other post that this wouldn't be an option for you, though.
HR Annie Git Your Gun
Bird Retrieves for 2014-15 Season
Duck: 24
Dove: 4
Pheasant: 40
sharris
hunter

Return to Home and Personal Defense Forum