Duck Hunting Forum banner

Your CCW weapon.

109K views 126 replies 96 participants last post by  shar6822 
#1 ·
I was wondering what everyone was carrying as there CCW. I carry a S/W 442 in a Uncle Mikes pocket holster.

I had carried a XD 45 compact, Glock 23, Ruger P89th and Ruger GP100. Found the others to be to bulky and they became left guns (left in the truck, left it at home).

#2 ·
LaHunter
check out those uncle mikes pocket holsters. They are great and run about $15. I use to just drop mine in my pocket. But, with that little holster it fits better and doesn't flop around on me.

#3 ·
No problems what so ever. I reach in and pull the gun and the holster stays in. I also remove my gun in the truck. I have had no problems what so ever. I were levi's. If you were wranglers you might have a problem but, I have had none. My buddy has the 642 and the same holster and has had no problems. I love the comb of the gun and holster. Your local shop might have the holsters in stock so you could always pick one up and if it doesn't work out return it.

#7 ·
I prefer to carry a springfield xd 45 acp, glock21 45acp or one of my 1911 's 45 acp including a smith and wesson 45 auto 1911. my holsters of choice are either a blackhawk serpa cqc or a leather galco.

#8 ·
Ruger P85 as my primary, only because of weight.
XD .45 4"
Ruger Gp100 .357

CA only allows us to put 3 guns on our license. Soon to have the Ruger LCP or the Taurus TCP on the list.

#14 ·
The Judge, two 410 - #6 shot for warning, three 45 long colts for if they are still coming

JR

#16 ·
My primary carry gun is a XD subcompact 40 and my full size 1911 is for winter time when concealment is easier. I am trying to save money for and decide upon a 3" 1911 but cannot make up my mind between another Kimber or a Springfield.

#21 ·
cwbydavet said:
Glock 23 on strong side double retention holster holster and a glock 27 on an ankle holster if one fails i always have a bcack up and carry 3 folding knifes one in each pocket and one in top button of shirt
jeez, is it getting that bad up around Salem. :eek:
JR

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.