Your CCW weapon.

A forum to discuss home defense and personal defense to keep out crime.

Moderators: La. Hunter, badandy970, Montanafowler

Re: Your CCW weapon.

Postby huntall6 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:46 am

if allowed...it would be a CZ 75D compact in 9mm. but il apparently want us to get mugged and murdered. until my right gets returned to me, ill carry a spring assist knife :no: .
steve-o wrote:Fight like a kid and you will never lose.

vincentpa wrote: My hairdresser is gay.
huntall6
State Moderator

Postby rcdinaz » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:56 pm

Move to AZ as of this month anyone without a prior felony or dmostic abuse can carry a weapon concealed. You gotta love the wild west.

I have a Kimber 1911 from the custom shop that I really like :thumbsup:

Thinking about an compact XD in .40, cheaper ammo, lighter, and easier to conceal. Glock would be good but they run some very good deals on the XD and my buddies is a very good shootr.
One of the greatest skills you can develop is the ability to ignore those that annoy you...
rcdinaz
hunter

Postby NvWaterfowler » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:46 pm

Khar cw40
4" XD-40
HK USP 40 compact
Like alot of posts on here, it sorta depends on what i'm wearing that day. Usually the cw40 because of its size. But i preffer the XD or HK. I dont carry any spare mags because im not that affraid of society....yet. Besides something should be done moving in the first 7 rounds.
"BATTLE BORN"
NvWaterfowler
hunter

Postby ring_main » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:09 am

642-2 or g30

depends on where i'm going.

speer gold dots for ammo.
ring_main
hunter

Postby buckshot312000 » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:01 pm

Glock 27... .40 cal justice in a nice small package, I found I can carry on the center of my back or my side concealed with no issues.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell
buckshot312000
hunter

Postby jermilln » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:37 pm

Khar CW40- or Walther P99

Both with Powerball ammo.
jermilln
hunter

Postby Sagebrush » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:56 am

.22,9mm,12Ga but S&W mod 19 and 686 6" in .357 for house and field.

.38 158 Lhp +P FBI for in the house or the Speer 135 JHP +P w/Lazer dot.

125 Speer Gold Dot @ 1450fps Magnum if a real big guy or winter time, which is rated as the #1 load for a one shot stop.

However I do have a 158 @ 1385fps if they are standing two deep................. not for in the house use !!

Wifes favorite................

Sagebrush
hunter

Postby shoot-n-goose » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:44 pm

Springfield XD subcompact 40S&W in a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe loaded with 180gr Winchester Rangers, along with a Gerber Evo Jr and Streamlight PT1AA

I've got to wait for my paper work to go through since my 21st b-day is tomorrow but until then all I can do is carry around the house for 4-6 weeks :crying:
CLUTCHfan wrote: Never bring a penis to a knife fight.
shoot-n-goose
hunter

Postby ring_main » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:01 am

buckshot312000 wrote:Glock 27... .40 cal justice in a nice small package, I found I can carry on the center of my back or my side concealed with no issues.

May want to rethink the small-of-back carry. While it conceals very well, if you fall wrong you could end up paralyzed.

yeah, yeah, i know. how often do people fall, right? Up until last week, I couldn't remember the last time I fell. Then I fell half way down the stairs, landing on my ass and back only because I slowed my descent by catching (and breaking) the rail. That hurt a bit. For what it's worth, I'm 26 and athletic which probably saved me in part from further injury.
ring_main
hunter

Postby joshco84 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:24 am

ring_main wrote:
buckshot312000 wrote:Glock 27... .40 cal justice in a nice small package, I found I can carry on the center of my back or my side concealed with no issues.

May want to rethink the small-of-back carry. While it conceals very well, if you fall wrong you could end up paralyzed.

yeah, yeah, i know. how often do people fall, right? Up until last week, I couldn't remember the last time I fell. Then I fell half way down the stairs, landing on my ass and back only because I slowed my descent by catching (and breaking) the rail. That hurt a bit. For what it's worth, I'm 26 and athletic which probably saved me in part from further injury.

I saw this the other day on the best defense as well, and it makes good sense if you think about it.
Who knew strippers had feelings?

Botiz630 wrote:Careful, then you'll have to get something to get rid of the geckos. And then something to get rid of what got rid of the geckos. Before you known it your camp will be full of great white sharks fighting velociraptors.
joshco84
Leg Humper

Postby brsutton86 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:21 pm

No Ruger fans on here ?! I been wanting a pistol for a while to carry in the woods, and for home defense. I ended up getting a Ruger sp101 357 mag today. Pretty sweet gun except the ugly plastic inserts in the handle. But I am soon to have stag inserts!
Livin' the hive life
Buy USA raw honey

Christian Waterfowlers Assoc.
http://www.thecwa.org
brsutton86
hunter

Postby daffy... » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:23 pm

i see a lot of kahrs... i had a cw9 that i hated so much. broke the striker after 50 rounds. sights came off after 100 rounds. i sold it quick. i couldnt carry something so unreliable.

i run a s&w .38 airweight in summer. glock model 22 in the winter.
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby birddog crazy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:22 pm

I was carrying a xd 45 for some time and some times switching off with either a glock 21 or 1911, but mostly now I carry a glock 36(45acp) at the animal hospital that I work at, Otherwise I carry a glock 21 or springfield 1911 be it out running around town, or doing whatever.
birddogs rule and all the rest drool, for birddogs love you for you and do not ask for anything in return but love so hug your birddog
birddog crazy
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Brydog » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:12 am

Heres another addition to my collection. Sig Sauer 1911 C3 compact .45. Picked it up on April fools day. Put 100 rounds through it yesterday without incident. I may have another carry gun after I put a few hundred more rounds downrange. :grooving:

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby Duck Sausage » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:24 pm

Brydog wrote:Heres another addition to my collection. Sig Sauer 1911 C3 compact .45. Picked it up on April fools day. Put 100 rounds through it yesterday without incident. I may have another carry gun after I put a few hundred more rounds downrange.

Nice looking Sig. I am a big fan of Hornady Critical Defense (saw in your picture). In our own personal tests, they have the best expansion and perfect amount of penetration IMO...
"Would've mounted it, but there were too many people around."
Duck Sausage
hunter

Postby Brydog » Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:38 pm

Duck Sausage wrote:
Brydog wrote:Heres another addition to my collection. Sig Sauer 1911 C3 compact .45. Picked it up on April fools day. Put 100 rounds through it yesterday without incident. I may have another carry gun after I put a few hundred more rounds downrange.

Nice looking Sig. I am a big fan of Hornady Critical Defense (saw in your picture). In our own personal tests, they have the best expansion and perfect amount of penetration IMO...

...on top of that, their POI is very consistent.
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby chickwithagun » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:34 pm

S&W M&P 40
chickwithagun
hunter

Postby Brydog » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:20 am

chickwithagun wrote:S&W M&P 40

Another great gun. I just sent mine to Dan Burwell in Pennsylvania this past Monday for a trigger job. Thats my only complaint with the M&P's. Their triggers suck straight out of the box.
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby Dogman » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:00 am

5" 1911 A1 .45

Out in the deep woods,S&W 629 .44 mag,stainless steel.
My lab is still the best hunting partner there is.
Dogman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby imaduckin up north » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:02 pm

tauras JUDGE in my truck and bersa .380 i just bought, sweet gun
,IS IT DUCK SEASON YET
THERE AINT NO DUCKS IN VA, dicks sporting goods told me so
you can educate ignorance
you can medicate crazy
but you cant fix stupid
imaduckin up north
hunter

Postby waterfowlman » Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:11 pm

After carrying quite a different variety of concealed weapons over the years (pistols) I must agree with some of the other posts on here. If it is not easy or convenient to carry concealed then we are tempted to sometimes leave our shooting irons at home, in the glove box, in the truck, dresser drawer etc. After experimenting with a pair of Glock 19's for a while, I settled on a matched set of Airweight, hammerless S&W model 642's in .38+P. I carry one in each front pocket in thin Uncle Mikes holsters. When I draw them the holsters ALWAYS remain in my pocket. They fit quite flush and it is almost impossible for anyone to detect that I am carrying. (that's the whole point right?) I carry these two pistols all day, everyday, everywhere I go and sometimes almost forget they are there. Any way.....that is what works for me. By the way, if I feel that this is not enough fire power for the situation I find myself in, there is always the flight option!

"If you're gonna be dumb......you had better be tough"
Attachments
image0011.jpg
image0011.jpg (51.63 KiB) Viewed 13405 times
Rule Number One: Always use a sledge hammer to kill an ant.
waterfowlman
SIR

Postby cazwester@yahoo.com » Sun May 15, 2011 2:30 pm

Ruger LCP in the pocket. Glock 22 whenever possible.
cazwester@yahoo.com
hunter

Postby Poboy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:39 pm

I carry a Kahr CW9. Its light and slim but still allows me to get three fings and thumb around it unlike some sub compacts that leave my ring finger hanging.
Poboy
hunter

Postby brsutton86 » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:59 pm

waterfowlman wrote:After carrying quite a different variety of concealed weapons over the years (pistols) I must agree with some of the other posts on here. If it is not easy or convenient to carry concealed then we are tempted to sometimes leave our shooting irons at home, in the glove box, in the truck, dresser drawer etc. After experimenting with a pair of Glock 19's for a while, I settled on a matched set of Airweight, hammerless S&W model 642's in .38+P. I carry one in each front pocket in thin Uncle Mikes holsters. When I draw them the holsters ALWAYS remain in my pocket. They fit quite flush and it is almost impossible for anyone to detect that I am carrying. (that's the whole point right?) I carry these two pistols all day, everyday, everywhere I go and sometimes almost forget they are there. Any way.....that is what works for me. By the way, if I feel that this is not enough fire power for the situation I find myself in, there is always the flight option!

"If you're gonna be dumb......you had better be tough"

2 guns? That's hardcore! :biggrin:
Livin' the hive life
Buy USA raw honey

Christian Waterfowlers Assoc.
http://www.thecwa.org
brsutton86
hunter

Postby DUCK-DAWG » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:56 pm

Glock 30
DUCK-DAWG