Duck Hunting Forum banner

Buying Yourself Time

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MM 
#1 ·
Like all of you here, If it came to it, I would use deadly force to protect my family and property.

However, as some of may know, it can be a challenege, especially at 3 AM when your sound asleep and your woken up by sounds of an intruder. If he/ she is walking down your hallway, for some, esecially those like myself that have children and need to have thier firearms locked in an easily accessible safe, it might be too late. What I decided to do it put locks on all doors (even if it is a simple latch) leading to the main living areas. The mud room which is accessed through the garage and the door leading to the basement, for example. Most breakins happen through the garage or basements. If you hear the intruder coming through one of these areas (garage or basement) you will have plenty of time, b/c they need to get through the locked door leading to the living area. If they already entered and are attempting to get in the living area, you, again, will have time b/c the locked door will hold them up.

Also, keeping the storm doors locked will help also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.