First Retrieve

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: captainkevan, swampbilly 1980, HNTFSH, hunt-chessies

First Retrieve

Postby bullet » Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:54 am

Bullet has had hundreds of pigeons shot over him and dozens of dove but on his second retrieve I had a wing flapping Bull Sprig floating in my spread. Here's the test I thought. He hit that bird so hard I think he scared it to death. Cin Teal was his first retrieve of the day and by far there were mor Cin teal then any other bird out there.
I didn't bring my camera to the blind so this is a reinactment
bullet
hunter

Postby bullet » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:23 am

A pose with his first. Still sitting like a girl but started lifting his leg this weekend. The beginnings of manhood :laughing:
bullet
hunter

Postby h2oknine » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:16 pm

I don't care how many dogs you have and seen them work that 1st retreive is something to proud of and never gets old. Congrats
HRCH,UH Red Moon Prairie Schooner (500)
HR Black Moon Prairie Ghost
HR Hh Harvest Moon Black Magic Woman
Nulli Expugnabilis Hosti (Conquorable by no enemy)
h2oknine
hunter

Postby Fowlercon » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:49 pm

Nice re-enactment................good looking birds and dog. Way to go. :thumbsup:
"It is not the function of our Government to keep the citizen from falling
into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the Government from
falling into error."
Fowlercon
hunter

Postby brdprey » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:49 am

:getdown: THATS BEAUTIFUL...........MAKES YA ALL MUSHY INSIDE.
I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, FORIEGN AND DOMESTIC;
brdprey
hunter

Postby jlb512 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:08 pm

how old is bullet? My lab snoopy almost had his first yesterday. He flew out of the blind hit the water like a champ but the mallard was alive and kicking its feet so he nudged it a couple of times and looked at me like "what do I do ?" congrats to you and bullet
jlb512
hunter

Gotta start somewhere

Postby Brydog » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:44 pm

Congrats to you and Bullet.
I had the same feeling oct. 15th when my7 mo. old Yellow Dawg retrieved his first duck............ What a proud moment for all. :salude: He now has 39 birds under his belt.
Good lookin pup. :thumbsup:

BTW....Boomer started lifting his leg to pee last week. :mrgreen:
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Postby bullet » Fri Nov 04, 2005 7:19 am

Bullet is a lil over a year now. He's retrieved about 20 birds now. Here he is on a dog box in a tule island blind. I've got my Tule seat in front of him cause he was breaking early. He'll learn.

bullet
hunter

Postby jlb512 » Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:25 pm

:getdown: my dog Snoopy had his first retreive today on a bluebill, talk about awesome, though he did not bring it directly to me he left it out side the blind, but hey its a start.
jlb512
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:00 pm

Bullet, that is awesome. Are you hunting in the Banos Area? I would love to hook up with you for a dinner at Wool Growers some night.
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby bullet » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:22 am

Ace, Hunted Los Banos on the opener, but have been hunting Mendota lately. Just give me a reason to go to LB and I'll be there. I'll be at Mendota this Sunday with my son and his friend.
bullet
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum