stay after it and stay positive

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, hunt-chessies, swampbilly 1980, captainkevan

stay after it and stay positive

Postby roscoesbuddy » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:21 pm

well this is roscoes first hunting season his training has been going really well he listens great. i need to do some more live bird retrieves i feel sometimes he's looking for a dumby and not a bird buts it's coming. but the reason i wrote this post is we have been working him in our pheasant season i was starting to get frustrated with him not working but man the last time we went out the light really came on he was a hunting and flushing machine so i just wanted to say if your frustrated with your pup not doing what you think they should, stay after it and stay positive because man when that light comes on and they figure it out it's a beautiful thing.

p.s i just want to say thanks for everyone sharing great information this site has really helped make roscoe a better retriever and me a better trainer.
"a day can change in one wingbeat"
roscoesbuddy
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:24 pm

great to hear!! Congratulations! It is really fun to see the dog put it all together. It's like you say, you can see them catch on to the game like flipping a switch. Last year I could almost read my dog's mind when it happened. It was if she was saying "So this is what all that stuff is for!"

Have fun with your new hunting machine and good luck this fall!!

:thumbsup: :salude:
harvey1b
hunter

Postby Brydog » Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:13 pm

Training does pay off. Its a Beautiful thing when that happens. Kinda gives ya a lump in your throat.
Take good care of that machine! :thumbsup:

"Train.......... don't complain"
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Return to Hunting Dog Forum