I lost my buddy today...

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: captainkevan, swampbilly 1980, HNTFSH, hunt-chessies

H20

Postby drakes_daddy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:15 pm

I just wanted to say that I am very sorry about your loss....I hope that I can have a pup like Casey some day......
I am an avid hunter, mostly waterfowl.
drakes_daddy
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:30 am

Everybody, thanks for the kind words, thoughts, and prayers, even those that did not post.

Snaph, your little funny actually put a smile on my face yesterday morning when I saw it.

And HVAC, oh yes, they sure know how to do that "like loving everybody". Especially Casey. He was so self centered-that he thought God put all people and dogs in this world so he could play with them. :yes:

The tough part right now is the ending of the rituals. The simple things like feeding him, letting him outside, him standing by the door ready to go with, and him always wanting his ears scratched before bed time. But at the same time it is a relief, as he was not having too much fun the last couple of months and most of the rituals went to the wayside a while ago. Like I said on an earlier post, "he used to do _______ and now he can't do that anymore." So folks, just be aware when that happens with your dog sometime in the future, it is a big part of the grieving process when the habits of many years start stopping.

And I'll leave on this note, on one of the other sites, my signature reads "God please help me be the man that my dog thinks I am". May we all live up to that prayers standard in our lives.

Alan
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Captain16 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:17 am

God Bless you Alan, I was just sitting here at work and getting all choked up reading your first post. I am going to have to deal with the same thing in a little while as my G/S Pointer is 11 now and she is my first hunting dog. They just grow on you so much and to see everything the dog will do for us is totally amazing. My prayers are with you and all of us that have to deal with losing something so special in our lives!
Captain16
hunter

Postby HuntingWife » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:46 am

Alan, I am so sorry for the loss of Casey. From his pictures and your stories I know he was a wonderful friend and companion and that words cannot express the sense of loss you have felt over the last few days. Just know he'll always be with you in your memories and that you and your family are in our daily prayers.
In God we trust, all others must show ID.
HuntingWife
hunter

Postby Brydog » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:54 am

Sorry to hear about yor dog. The memories will never die.
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Previous

Return to Hunting Dog Forum