Funny retreiver

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, hunt-chessies, captainkevan, swampbilly 1980

Funny retreiver

Postby openwaterhunter2 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:28 pm

Since my duck season isn't open yet and my pooch goes about everywhere with me I took her squirrel hunting today. I figured what the heck I didn't really care about killing squirrels I just wanted to work hand signals with the pup. I spotted a squirrel and heeled dixie and then shot the squirrel. Well she seen it fall and I new it was stone cold dead(head shot) so I thought it was be funny to see what she done. So I sent her and dang if she didn't grab it and bring it right back like she had done it all her life. She done three more that way. I am going to take some pictures of it next time I go. Just thought it was funny haveing a squirrel retriever.
openwaterhunter2
hunter

Postby Brydog » Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:46 am

Squirrel retriever huh ?
My 7 month old YLM brought me back a rabbit I shot while Woodcock hunting last Tuesday. After a few seconds of sniffin it he picked it up and brought it to hand with a confused look on his face.
I wasnt gonna say anything about it,,,,,,,,,but since you started it......................
“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer God than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”
~Stephen Roberts
Brydog
Banned

Return to Hunting Dog Forum