Duck Hunting Forum banner

Favorite Dog names

5K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  big_countryks 
#1 ·
Well my dad's GSP is having pups in under 10 days. Of course, he gave his only son POTL (Pick of the litter). She is a heck of an upland dog and loves to swim. I don't shoot much upland game accept for my trip to Nebraska every year, but I am hooked on DUCKS! So I am going to try my best to train her for waterfowl.

Got off track....

What's your favorite name for a waterfowl dog? I'm leaning towards Gunner or Libery (name of my lab growing up).

Thanks and Happy New Year!!!

#6 ·
I think of great dog names all the time and don't write them down and forget.

I love the name Mike for a dog.

Here are some others:

Primer, Deke, Limit, Magnum, High Brass, Drake, Widgeon, Game Warden

Let us know what you name the pup.

Driving home this evening I thought of a couple more. Don't know if thier good but here they go. Marsh, Swamp and Lake. :eek:

#7 ·
My next one I want to be unique for most part or I have heard of. I thought casey was but then I heard more and more since I have had her. I have been looking at german names since we use that language to train our drug dogs at work. thought that would be neat and you could tell everyone what it meant when they ask. JMO

Boy

Jaegar - Hunter
Kellen - Swamp

Girl

Ava - A Bird
Faiga - A Bird
Nixie - Water Sprite/Fairy

#13 ·
Being from Louisiana, I tend to stick to Mardi Gras theme names. Rex is the name of my Lab in my picture. I've never owned a black lab, but his name will be Zulu (looking to get one soon).

#15 ·
That is a GREAT movie IBBoykin!! :hammering:

My dog's name is Belle which seems to be pretty common, but I know a guy who has a bad-ass lab called FlashBang (like the grenade). Thought that was different and cool. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.