This is gonna feel like a really dumb question but....

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, HNTFSH, captainkevan, swampbilly 1980

This is gonna feel like a really dumb question but....

Postby aaron » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:19 pm

All I have evre been around is pointers ; do female labs display the same behavior when going into heat ? I have a 2 year old male and two 6 1/2 mo. old pups, male and female. Need to know what kind of behaviors a lab bitch displays so I can keep her seperated. Thanks all !!
aaron
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:56 pm

She don't do anything different then she usually does.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:03 pm

she will jsut act normal you have to been careful a lot of times for the fist week of heat you wont even know that she is in
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby ol' yeller » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:11 am

Never been around pointers and I'm sure that their behavior is different from dog to dog. I start checking her when it is getting close to the time she usually comes into heat. The first thing you'll notice is swelling. My pup does act a bit "motherly" to her stuffed animals and the Rottweiler. She also gets dumber than a box of rocks. I can't train her because simple commands that she has known for years (sit and lay) go in one ear and out the other. She also stays in the house so I can notice these things a lot easier than a dog that is outside.

yeller
ol' yeller
hunter

Postby phillipstd » Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:33 pm

there both dog's so to a point they will act the same, but it's a little different from dog to dog, when it start's getting close to time, sperate them, unless you don't care, better safe than sorry.
phillipstd
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum