Duck Hunting Forum banner

Homemade Dog Equipment

94K views 104 replies 44 participants last post by  Pacific Fisher 
#1 ·
Per request, post up the stuff you have made to help you with your favorite friend!!

Link to the Homemade Dog Platform

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=83647

#3 ·
i attemted to take the waterfowling world by storm with the must have portable, AND adjustable dog stand. and when i say adjustable, i dont mean 3-6 in. im talkin a little over a foot of adjustability. Well when it was finished, it wasent so portable and didnt adjust like i had expected. Long story short, after a BAD mornin that day, that thing ended up in the middle of the pond. Felt obligated to go and get it cause it took 2 days to make and about 30 bucks, so it now sits in the back yard and makes one hell of a table to pluck birds on! Im too ashamed of my major fail to post pics.
:sad:

#4 ·
Huntfish12 said:
i attemted to take the waterfowling world by storm with the must have portable, AND adjustable dog stand. and when i say adjustable, i dont mean 3-6 in. im talkin a little over a foot of adjustability. Well when it was finished, it wasent so portable and didnt adjust like i had expected. Long story short, after a BAD mornin that day, that thing ended up in the middle of the pond. Felt obligated to go and get it cause it took 2 days to make and about 30 bucks, so it now sits in the back yard and makes one hell of a table to pluck birds on! Im too ashamed of my major fail to post pics.
:sad:
there is a step by step "how to post pictures" in the help forum... :thumbsup:

#7 ·
Indaswamp said:
:thumbsup: thank you Dep6.
There you go I-Willie...done. :thumbsup:
:grooving: :grooving:

Everything we have for training dogs is homemade/stole from original design!! :wink: From our winger ups, to zinger wingers, to remote for launchers that dad just finished. Bro just made 3 winger ups that are exactly like the real deal!!

#9 ·
razorback said:
ndk3819 said:
Home made remote dummy launchers, air powered. Basically a pneumatic potato gun. The barrels shown in the pic shoot home made dummies i use, but i have 2" interchangeable barrels for shooting 2" retrieving dummies.
How do you charge them?
Bicycle pump. Only need to reach 60-70psi to get the distance and arc i need. They shoot about 25 -30 yards with a nice high arc.

#10 ·
ndk3819 said:
Home made remote dummy launchers, air powered. Basically a pneumatic potato gun. The barrels shown in the pic shoot home made dummies i use, but i have 2" interchangeable barrels for shooting 2" retrieving dummies.
I want plans for those!!! tell me how you made them!! :thumbsup:

#11 ·
i_willie12 said:
Indaswamp said:
:thumbsup: thank you Dep6.
There you go I-Willie...done. :thumbsup:
:grooving: :grooving:

Everything we have for training dogs is homemade/stole from original design!! :wink: From our winger ups, to zinger wingers, to remote for launchers that dad just finished. Bro just made 3 winger ups that are exactly like the real deal!!
post up some pics. brotha!!! :yes:

#13 ·
x1000[/quote]

Parts List for Cannon:

2" Schedule 40 pressure rated pvc
2" End Cap
2" Coupling
2" -1" Female slip Bushing
1" Schedule 40 pressure rated pvc
Sprinkler Valve - 1" port
3/4" PVC Threaded female adapter
4" long 3/4" metal nipple
3/4"-3/8" threaded metal bushing
12" length 3/8" metal nipple

I'll try to get some diagrams and more pictures up in the next week or so.

#14 ·
ndk3819 said:
Parts List for Cannon:

2" Schedule 40 pressure rated pvc
2" End Cap
2" Coupling
2" -1" Female slip Bushing
1" Schedule 40 pressure rated pvc
Sprinkler Valve - 1" port
3/4" PVC Threaded female adapter
4" long 3/4" metal nipple
3/4"-3/8" threaded metal bushing
12" length 3/8" metal nipple

I'll try to get some diagrams and more pictures up in the next week or so.
how are the pnuematics controlled with the sprinkler valve? remote control?

#16 ·
Indaswamp said:
Do you have a brand and model number for the sprinkler valve you are using? Please post that up if you can. Thanks :thumbsup:
The pneumatics are controlled remotely by passing a 9volt charge through the sprinkler valve, releasing the air. Here is a link to the sprinkler valve, you can pick them up at lowe's or home depot. Also, i forgot to list the pressure gauge and valve stem in the parts list above.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_249620-74985-57 ... facetInfo=

#17 ·
ndk3819 said:
Indaswamp said:
Do you have a brand and model number for the sprinkler valve you are using? Please post that up if you can. Thanks :thumbsup:
The pneumatics are controlled remotely by passing a 9volt charge through the sprinkler valve, releasing the air. Here is a link to the sprinkler valve, you can pick them up at lowe's or home depot. Also, i forgot to list the pressure gauge and valve stem in the parts list above.

:thumbsup: thanks...and the controller you are using?

#18 ·
Indaswamp said:
ndk3819 said:
Indaswamp said:

:thumbsup: thanks...and the controller you are using?
Here's a link to the remote control i purchased. I got the idea for this remote system from another thread but for the life of me i can't remember which site i was on. The circuit is pretty simple, i wired in the receiver with a nine volt battery and on/off toggle switch to help save on the battery life. The thing i like about the receiver with this setup is it has the click on/click off mode allowing the sprinkler valve to stay open longer than just a momentary open and close. This allows all the pressurized air to be expelled from the air chamber.

http://www.carymart.com/index.php?main_ ... cts_id=151

#22 ·
ndk3819 said:
Indaswamp said:
In the pic. you posted-looks like one launcher has a longer metal pipe on it...why is that?
Learning curve. I built the shorter barrel one first. It still works fine but i wanted a longer barrel so the bumpers weren't resting against the bushing.
:thumbsup:

#24 ·
Love it!
Can we see a pic of the bumpers? & what do you use for the female in the bumper?
What level of pressure do you pump it up to?
Do you use a portable battery powered pump, bicycle manual pump or compresser pump? Any or all?
Looks like you can run six off the remote trasmitter.

#25 ·
tenfingergrip said:
Love it!
Can we see a pic of the bumpers? & what do you use for the female in the bumper?
What level of pressure do you pump it up to?
Do you use a portable battery powered pump, bicycle manual pump or compresser pump? Any or all?
Looks like you can run six off the remote trasmitter.
I'll get a pic of the home made bumper tonight, but is just 3/4" pvc pipe cut to about 10" length with a water bottle cap cemented on 1 end, surrounded by foam and covered with canvas. So far i've just been using a manual bicycle pump but any pump will work. All the materials i used were rated for pressurized applications, i think the 2" pvc had the lowest pressure rating of 280psi. However the highest i have pumped them so far is 80psi. I get really good distance (25-40 yards) with the home made bumpers at 60-80psi, and have shot the heavy rubber retriever-r trainer dummies with it, still shoots them fine, just not as far due to the increased weight. You are correct about the transmitter running six seperate launchers.

#26 ·
These are our new homemade mini wingers. Dad won one at a hunt test last year and we pretty much copied and pasted it!!! I think brother said he has like $80 in each one. And that was mostly pullies and pieces.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.