Dog blind recommendations

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: captainkevan, swampbilly 1980, HNTFSH, hunt-chessies

Dog blind recommendations

Postby lost » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:31 pm

Put this up on another forum, but still would like some input. I am only familiar with the GHG Ground Force dog blind, but I would like some info on the Avery Finisher and the RSG Pooch Palace or others if you have any experience. Pros/cons, durability, problems, etc. Thanks.
lost
hunter

Re: Dog blind recommendations

Postby Justin Weber » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:35 pm

The GHG Ground Force is the best dog blind. I love mine
Avery Pro-Staff
Justin Weber
hunter

Postby dogyak » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:46 pm

lost wrote:Put this up on another forum, but still would like some input. I am only familiar with the GHG Ground Force dog blind, but I would like some info on the Avery Finisher and the RSG Pooch Palace or others if you have any experience. Pros/cons, durability, problems, etc. Thanks.

the ground force dog blind is bigger , so if you have a bigger pup , it's the best one for sure , I like my , easy to set up and break down .
dogyak
hunter

Postby TCFarmer » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:32 pm

Another vote for the GHG.
TCFarmer
hunter

Postby DCronk » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:03 am

I just got the groundforce for my pup and it's been great so far. She's 80 lbs and tall and fits with plenty of room.
DCronk
hunter

Postby mxmike26 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:30 am

Have had my Rogers Pooch Palace for a month or so now. Dog has used it maybe five times. It is a little on the small size (I should clarify that the opening is a little on the small side). She is a 75 pound lab. In fact I had to remove the pad that came with it so she would fit. Might have to do some modification to the door soon.

The support on the top of the blind was riveted in the wrong place and would not allow for setup (don't know how that passed inspection). Had to drill the rivet so I could set it up.

Very compact and light.

All in all it is a decent blind

I first ordered the Avery dog blind and immediately sent it back. What a POS that thing is, they even admitted that at rogers.

I would purchase again.
mxmike26
hunter

Postby delaware waterfowl » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:00 pm

my buddy bought the ground force blind and broke one of the rods on the first hunt. id recommend the rig em right blind out of any. my dog loves his and its stores easy
delaware waterfowl
hunter

Postby B.E.Nelli » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:15 pm

Look good and hard at the rig em right field bully. Thing is awesome!
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Postby gonehuntin' » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:34 pm

It has always baffled me why people use dog blinds. I don't get it. Just lay or sit the dog along side the blind. Ducks won't flare and it's one more piece of junk you don't have to buy or mess with.
I hate seeing a game bird die of natural causes, unless I naturally cause it.
gonehuntin'
hunter

Postby j.digiacomo » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:13 pm

another vote on the rig-em-right blind. i use mine field hunting only. i have a black and white ticked GSP which stands out like a sore thumb in corn stubble or beans. depending on where you hunt and what color your mutt is, i think they make sense.
j.digiacomo
hunter

Postby B.E.Nelli » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:58 am

As cold as I hunt, it gives her something to get her off the cold ground and blocks the wind. Makes sense to me. I don't care if it makes sense to you.
B.E.Nelli
hunter

Return to Hunting Dog Forum