DD pup born

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, hunt-chessies, swampbilly 1980, captainkevan

DD pup born

Postby OmegaRed » Fri May 17, 2013 11:48 am

Since my other thread got trashed...here's one I'll hopefully be able to update. Anyways, she was born last Saturday.

Few pics
Attachments
.jpg
photo (2).jpg
quacknstack6 wrote:
I'm as good once as I ever was isn't your theme song OG. I hate to burst your bubble.
OmegaRed
Fabio

Re: DD pup born

Postby Griffdom » Fri May 17, 2013 11:57 am

Congrats on your DD pup being born. I've got a griff coming in July. Pups should hit the ground any day. Keep us posted on the litter's progress. You on the list for a male or female? You plan to test or just hunt the fire out of the pup?
Griffdom
hunter

Postby Jesse Jaymes » Fri May 17, 2013 12:59 pm

Congrats! I've had mine home 5 days now. What a treat! He is a very easy keeper. Sleeping thru the night from 10p to 4:30 am. Already retrieving a weighted puppy dummy. With just a few drops of waterfowl scent he is finding it and hunting it up in 12" high grass. I'm amazed. Very calm demeanor as well.

Keep us posted how things progress.
Jesse Jaymes
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Fri May 17, 2013 2:35 pm

Griffdom wrote:Congrats on your DD pup being born. I've got a griff coming in July. Pups should hit the ground any day. Keep us posted on the litter's progress. You on the list for a male or female? You plan to test or just hunt the fire out of the pup?

I have first pick, but am about 99% sure I'm taking a female. Probably just hunt, but after training I may do a few tests just for fun. Depends on the timing (whether or not I have lots of free time)
quacknstack6 wrote:
I'm as good once as I ever was isn't your theme song OG. I hate to burst your bubble.
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby Rick Hall » Fri May 17, 2013 2:56 pm

Looks like there was a pointer in the woodpile. Gather they darken with age.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby assateague » Fri May 17, 2013 3:02 pm

Griffdom wrote:Congrats on your DD pup being born. I've got a griff coming in July. Pups should hit the ground any day. Keep us posted on the litter's progress. You on the list for a male or female? You plan to test or just hunt the fire out of the pup?

Wouldn't happen to be coming from Wisconsin, would it?
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby Jarbo03 » Fri May 17, 2013 4:50 pm

assateague wrote:

It is, but not your litter, I already checked. Griffdom is getting a very well bred pup also.

Congrats on the upcoming family member Omega, great looking pups!

Sent from a gnarly phone with a kickstand
Jarbo03
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Fri May 17, 2013 5:31 pm

Rick Hall wrote:Looks like there was a pointer in the woodpile. Gather they darken with age.

Ya they will end up looking very close to the mother.
quacknstack6 wrote:
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby Griffdom » Fri May 17, 2013 6:33 pm

assateague wrote:

PM sent.
Griffdom
hunter

Postby loner » Fri May 17, 2013 7:09 pm

it's amazing the color change as they grow! nice lookin mom!
loner
hunter

Postby drahthaar » Sat May 18, 2013 2:08 pm

Cute pups!
drahthaar
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Sat May 18, 2013 8:59 pm

My first experience with one and she was impressive for a 4 month old. Good luck and keep us updsted

TEXAS
txhunter90
hunter

Postby FFT » Wed May 22, 2013 6:54 pm

OmegaRed wrote:
Griffdom wrote:
I have first pick, but am about 99% sure I'm taking a female. Probably just hunt, but after training I may do a few tests just for fun. Depends on the timing (whether or not I have lots of free time)

The spring test is natural ability. If the dog is obedient and dont run off it is possible to receive a good score if you only unlock a little of the pups potential.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Tapatalk 2
FFT
hunter

Postby dwhipper61 » Thu May 23, 2013 2:29 pm

OmegaRed wrote:I have first pick, but am about 99% sure I'm taking a female. Probably just hunt, but after training I may do a few tests just for fun. Depends on the timing (whether or not I have lots of free time)

Do the tests.....I had no intention of testing, but Im really glad I did. Having that test scheduled really motivated me to train regularly, and my dog looked forward to our daily training. Once you meet a few other DD people the addiction begins.
dwhipper61
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Tue May 28, 2013 12:59 pm

Few more pics to help some of the pain I know you future pup owners are feeling. The anticipation is killing me.

Starting to color up a bit.
Attachments
photo1.JPG
photo.JPG
quacknstack6 wrote:
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby HUNT24/7 » Wed May 29, 2013 8:36 pm

Some cute! Looks like there will be a few new DD's hitting the waterfowl this year!
HUNT24/7
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:09 pm

Three to choose from.
Attachments
female 1.1.JPG
female 3.JPG
female 2.JPG
quacknstack6 wrote:
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby loner » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:32 pm

i vote for #1!
loner
hunter

Postby Griffdom » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:55 am

Starting to darken up! Love it!
Griffdom
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:55 am

loner wrote:i vote for #1!

At this point in time, that's what I'm leaning towards too
quacknstack6 wrote:
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby Griffdom » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:08 am

Personally, coat type (pretty important in wirehaired breeds if you hunt around burrs) and temperament (I'd ask the breeder about his observations) would dictate my choice more than color. But, all things being equal I do like dog number 1.
Griffdom
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:54 am

Griffdom wrote:Personally, coat type (pretty important in wirehaired breeds if you hunt around burrs) and temperament (I'd ask the breeder about his observations) would dictate my choice more than color. But, all things being equal I do like dog number 1.

I agree entirely. I've discussed this with the breeder as well and he's got free reign on matching us up.
quacknstack6 wrote:
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby Griffdom » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:58 am

OmegaRed wrote:
Griffdom wrote:Personally, coat type (pretty important in wirehaired breeds if you hunt around burrs) and temperament (I'd ask the breeder about his observations) would dictate my choice more than color. But, all things being equal I do like dog number 1.

I agree entirely. I've discussed this with the breeder as well and he's got free reign on matching us up.

Don't blame you a bit. You probably have mentioned this somewhere on this forum before. I must have missed it. What kennel/breeder are you getting your pup from?
Griffdom
hunter

Postby OmegaRed » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:15 am

Griffdom wrote:
OmegaRed wrote:

Don't blame you a bit. You probably have mentioned this somewhere on this forum before. I must have missed it. What kennel/breeder are you getting your pup from?

vom Buffeltaler - Dwight Runkle

http://www.vombuffeltaler.com/Vom-Buffe ... -Dogs.html

This breeding is Jahra and Falk (bottom pair on this page)
quacknstack6 wrote:
OmegaRed
Fabio

Postby Griffdom » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:26 pm

Looks like you made a great choice!
Griffdom
hunter

Next

Return to Hunting Dog Forum