Hard headed dog

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, hunt-chessies, captainkevan, swampbilly 1980

Hard headed dog

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Mon Dec 06, 2004 4:44 am

Just another accident. The dog tonight decided to take off after the cat and the next thing you know I hear a thud and a whine. Look over and see this. She hit the hitch on my truck while running after the cat full speed. Darn dog is always running into something she doesnt even look she just goes wide open and hope she stops i guess.

Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby texan68 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:46 pm

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!1
texan68
hunter

Postby Snaph » Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:54 pm

The stupid cat should not be running from the dog. Poor dog...blame the cat. Until all house cats are dead...our dogs cannot truly live free. I hope your pup is OK. She/he looks just like mine... without the dent. (I was sort kidding about the cat thing)
Snaph
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Tue Dec 07, 2004 7:21 am

At least it isn't too big. It will heal up in a week or two.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby macdaddy » Tue Dec 14, 2004 12:50 pm

Hey, SC - how's the poor angel doing? I saw this today - 12/14. Hope she's o.k. She looks like a beauty.

The cat thing? Here's something to ponder. I was deer hunting two weeks ago (Penna's rifle deer season went from 11/29 - 12/11) on a buddy's farm. This young cat that he owns would NOT leave me alone! She crawled into my car; I wasted almost 10 mins trying to get her out. When I came back @ noon for lunch, guess who was waiting? All over my car, in the car again when I got out. Then - back onto the car & onto my neck - my neck! & those claws! 5mins wasted. She tried to follow me out to the meadow (fortunately she stopped after a few yards). The following Saturday, ditto. She was on my neck in the morning. When I got rid of her, I got into the woods, got a button buck. Of course, she was waiting for me when I got back. Snafu may be right. D****d cats. Pests.
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:01 pm

When my choc lab was about 4 months old I would take her to the river and let her swim, she would chase these little bumpers around in the river. Well the older dog was playing keep away, finally the pup got the bumper and was running through this campground, she hit a picknick table and it knocked her out solid. She woke up screaming, I was scared, but she wasn't hurt.....

It was pretty funny..
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby Quackkills9 » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:47 am

oooo damn.. OUCH!
"Get Down and Cover Up!" -Tim Grounds
"In Yo' Face!"
"My Retriever is Smarter than Your Honor Student!"
Quackkills9
hunter

Postby SCoutdoorsman » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:06 am

She is healing up fine, they scab if pretty much all gone now. Now we just have to wait and see how much hair comes back.
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
SCoutdoorsman
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Hunting Dog Forum