Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, HNTFSH, captainkevan, swampbilly 1980

Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby CRASH34 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:47 pm

Well my Buddies lab came into heat and we decided to breed my Chesapeake with his female yellow lab. Should be a good litter what do y'all think?
CRASH34
hunter

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby Dawnsearlylight » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:01 pm

There are no words . . .

Well, actually there are, but they are really, really rude. Please God, let this be a troll.
The lab and golden think: "My humans give me food, shelter and love; they must be gods."
The Chesapeake thinks: "My humans give me food, shelter and love; I must be a God."
Dawnsearlylight
hunter

Postby CRASH34 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:43 pm

No troll here but they are two good dogs and my buddy has a lab and he wants a puppy out of my chessie and a lot of my other friends do too. There's not any Chesapeakes in San Antonio if there are they are no where near me!

And now one can complain about which is better a chessie or lab in this litter lol. But if u got something rude go ahead and say it
Last edited by CRASH34 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRASH34
hunter

Postby CRASH34 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:53 pm

And if u don't feel comfortable posting your comment on here don't be scared to message me why it's a bad idea..
CRASH34
hunter

Postby Raves24 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:26 pm

You sir, I beleive has lost your mind.... You will have yourself some very nice mutts on your hands there..hope your looking to sell them for free or to the pound.
Raves24
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:35 pm

CRASH34 wrote:Well my Buddies lab came into heat and we decided to breed my Chesapeake with his female yellow lab. Should be a good litter what do y'all think?

I think you're insane, or at a bare minimum, you've absolutely no idea what a good litter is.

I'm curious though. What makes you think this is a good idea? What makes you think that 1) it's smart to mix breeds and make mutts, and 2) you dogs are worth breeding? Have either of them been medically tested? Have either of them been hunt tested/field trialed? Or are you just going off a gut instinct that your two animals will produce anything other than subpar specimen when compared to both breed standards?
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby CRASH34 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:57 pm

I do not do field testing and ya what's wrong with mutts? Mutts are good dogs. Is that all y'all are about is pure breed hunting dogs? I think it's cool seeing a mans best friend hunt with him. Doesn't mean they have to be "field trial material" just some good dogs that are good family dogs and hunt. I once had a blue Heeler lab mix as my first dog when I was a kid and it was my best hunting dog.
CRASH34
hunter

Postby CRASH34 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:58 pm

Why don't people give the vizsladore guys crap?
CRASH34
hunter

Postby ScaupHunter » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:01 pm

Or the Labradoodle lovers? :lol3:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
ScaupHunter
hunter

Postby CRASH34 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:30 pm

Exactly
CRASH34
hunter

Postby dogyak » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:29 pm

:no:
dogyak
hunter

Postby Dawnsearlylight » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:57 pm

CRASH34 wrote:Why don't people give the vizsladore guys crap?

Probably because they didn't post on here bragging about deliberately doing a breeding like this, they merely got one from the moron that did do the breeding (or from a rescue, or from a relative, or from the side of the road, or whatever).

Your buddies that want a Chessie are not getting one from this breeding; and if Chessies are so rare in your area, where did you manage to find one?
The lab and golden think: "My humans give me food, shelter and love; they must be gods."
The Chesapeake thinks: "My humans give me food, shelter and love; I must be a God."
Dawnsearlylight
hunter

Postby CRASH34 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:23 pm

Had to have it delivered from a guy in Dallas. Took me 3 years to find the one I wanted. And no there is another forum where a guy breeds vizsladores and sells them for like $600..
CRASH34
hunter

Postby CRASH34 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:24 pm

They don't want specifically a chessie they want a good bird dog.. And they like the way he hunts and acts
CRASH34
hunter

Postby CRASH34 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:25 pm

And I am not bragging just thought I'd see what other people thought but apparently it's retarded to breed two seperate breeds... And how do u think the Chesapeake was created? By breeding a lab with a Newfoundland to make it the ultimate duck dog being able to swim in colder temperatures up north. I am down south and it's kinda hot for a chessie not too hot but a little. What if this is like a Texas breed of Chesapeake willing to withstand the heat during dove season and no problem with the cold during goose and duck..haha new breed "Texas bay retriever"
Last edited by CRASH34 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRASH34
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:30 pm

CRASH34 wrote:Why don't people give the vizsladore guys crap?

I've never run across someone that owns one, that's why.

You asked what we thought, and I've told you.

You've yet to answer my question about what makes your dog a good candidate for breeding, let alone mixing it with a lab. Why not find a good stud Chesapeake instead and give your buddy one if the pups? What qualities could his lab possibly possess that can't be found without making the canine version of a bar towel shot?

You've come to a place that respects, and even pushes for the perpetuation of well bred animals. This place is full if guys and gals that have given years of their lives striving to have the best that they can when it comes to dogs, and your completely willing to piss all over it.

I understand mutts happen, most unintentional, but some, like you are suggesting, on purpose. I really don't know why you are so willing to do the Chesapeake breed such a disservice, as well as the Labrador.

Unfortunately they are your dogs, and you are free to do as you please.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby CRASH34 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:35 pm

Like I said above there are none around me. My buddy asked me if I could stud my chessie with his female lab and I said yes
CRASH34
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:37 pm

Well in that case, your wife doesn't live near me. May I?
go get the bird
hunter

Postby Dawnsearlylight » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:40 pm

CRASH34 wrote:And I am not bragging just thought I'd see what other people thought but apparently it's retarded to breed two seperate breeds... And how do u think the Chesapeake was created? By breeding a lab with a Newfoundland to make it the ultimate duck dog being able to swim in colder temperatures up north. I am down south and it's kinda hot for a chessie not too hot but a little. What if this is like a Texas breed of Chesapeake willing to withstand the heat during dove season and no problem with the cold during goose and duck..haha new breed "Texas bay retriever"

The ignorance displayed in this post (to say nothing of the rest of them) is astounding, where on earth are you getting your information????
Dawnsearlylight
hunter

Postby CRASH34 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:40 pm

Go for it
CRASH34
hunter

Postby Raves24 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:41 pm

You can do as you wish, we can't stop you. You will NOT end up with a "new" kind of retreiver. When you do this, and year two or three or seven come along when these pups have hip and eye problems don't say we didn't warn you it could happen. You may produce great hunting dogs, you probaly wont, but at what stake. :sad:
Raves24
hunter

Postby CRASH34 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:42 pm

Y'all are crying cause someone breed a chessie to a lab... Damn hunting season need to get here quicker
CRASH34
hunter

Postby vance80 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:43 pm

Do the parents have any health documentation? And how much do you feel these pups are going to be selling for?
vance80
hunter

Postby go get the bird » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:44 pm

Hopeless idiots are hopeless, dawns. No sense in arguing with those lacking cognitive function.
go get the bird
hunter

Postby CRASH34 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:44 pm

Raves24 wrote:You can do as you wish, we can't stop you. You will NOT end up with a "new" kind of retreiver. When you do this, and year two or three or seven come along when these pups have hip and eye problems don't say we didn't warn you it could happen. You may produce great hunting dogs, you probaly wont, but at what stake. :sad:

I know I won't invent a new breed of retriever.. It was a joke I wouldn't even dare to take it that far
CRASH34
hunter

Next

Return to Hunting Dog Forum