Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: HNTFSH, hunt-chessies, swampbilly 1980, captainkevan

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby duck501 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:19 am

LOL. WOW you are all a big bunch of cry baby's. How many mutts are selling for high dollar these days. Labradoodle, Goldendoodle, Beaglier, Cockapoo, schnoodle , Shih-poo, and Goldador. That's just a few. IM a 100% Chesapeake Bay Retriever guy. But I have seen good cross litters. Some are on purpose and some are not. But you can still have good dogs.
duck501
hunter
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:32 pm
Location: oklahoma


Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby CRASH34 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:26 am

duck501 wrote:LOL. WOW you are all a big bunch of cry baby's. How many mutts are selling for high dollar these days. Labradoodle, Goldendoodle, Beaglier, Cockapoo, schnoodle , Shih-poo, and Goldador. That's just a few. IM a 100% Chesapeake Bay Retriever guy. But I have seen good cross litters. Some are on purpose and some are not. But you can still have good dogs.


Thank you sir!
CRASH34
hunter
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:57 am

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby go get the bird » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:22 am

Oh God, they're multiplying.
MackieKnife wrote:The moral of the story is...I'm retarded.
User avatar
go get the bird
hunter
 
Posts: 3156
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:12 pm

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby Rutin » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:20 pm

:fingerhead:
Sargent Taylor's Hevi-Shot (Sarge)
User avatar
Rutin
hunter
 
Posts: 288
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:01 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby Takem_Brewer » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:13 pm

Crash, just outta curiosity, what is your chessie's pedigree (parents registered names). I would love to see what kinda breeding he came from.
Hiland Chesapeakes
www.hilandpeakes.com
User avatar
Takem_Brewer
hunter
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 12:51 pm
Location: North Iowa

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby Raves24 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:05 pm

Duck501 must be one of the boneheads who is going to take one of these dogs for free....
User avatar
Raves24
hunter
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:37 pm
Location: Kaukauna, WI

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby duck501 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:18 pm

Sorry but no. I only have 100% pure Chesapeake Bay Retrievers. Its been that way for my family since the 50s. Would not waste my time on a lab or any thing crossed with one. That's just how I feel not saying labs are bad. Just not what I want.
duck501
hunter
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:32 pm
Location: oklahoma

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby dogyak » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:02 pm

I'm calling BS on this . First off , a labradoole , goldendoole , and etc are not recognize by the AKC or UKC . You can never play the games with these dogs . They are what you call a designer dog that the breeders knew only fools would buy them because it sounded cool and they could profit . These fools are spending from what I heard around 1000 to 1500 . Seem one time that a guy brought to our retriever club - can I say dumb - and to see his face when he told he could hang out and we would help , but your dog can't run the hunt tests . Dog didn't have it with the gene pool and was a lost cause , but hey , he had a family pet . Now Crash , I really don't think you had all those test done as claim . A smart guy would have never agreed to a breeding like this who went out of his way to have the test done , in which your pup had to be over 2 yrs to have all of them except EIC . As I have seen , you were asked to supply your dogs Reg name and reg number . This can clear up some of the things you said that you had . So now we wait . :rolleyes:
dogyak
hunter
 
Posts: 980
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:18 pm
Location: FL

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby Skoug » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:35 pm

CRASH34 wrote:And I am not bragging just thought I'd see what other people thought but apparently it's retarded to breed two seperate breeds... And how do u think the Chesapeake was created? By breeding a lab with a Newfoundland to make it the ultimate duck dog being able to swim in colder temperatures up north. I am down south and it's kinda hot for a chessie not too hot but a little. What if this is like a Texas breed of Chesapeake willing to withstand the heat during dove season and no problem with the cold during goose and duck..haha new breed "Texas bay retriever"



I would just like to point out that chessies and labs are from completely different lines. If you did half the research you say you did over those 3 years of searching for your dog you might already know that....
Skoug
hunter
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:54 pm

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby j towne » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:42 pm

This was amusing. I have a guy ask to breed his lab to my chesapeake.
Hunting the Chesapeake with Chesapeake's.
Captain Thor of the Chesapeake **, MH, WDQ (Q 3rd)
Captain Thor's Gracie girl MH, WDQ
Captain Thor's Lulu Belle **, WDQ (Q JAM, D 2nd)
j towne
hunter
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:34 pm
Location: Chesapeake bay MD.

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby Sfd714 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:23 pm

Dang, i dont have the popcorn face on tapatalk. Oh well.
User avatar
Sfd714
hunter
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby Dawnsearlylight » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:26 am

Takem_Brewer wrote:Crash, just outta curiosity, what is your chessie's pedigree (parents registered names). I would love to see what kinda breeding he came from.


Oh hell, this guy doesn't even know where the dog came from (Dallas on this thread, Houston on a different one, did I miss the memo on Texas shrinking??), and probably doesn't even know what a pedigree is, let alone how to read one. Apparently his main criteria for choosing a pup was proximity to the litter. I love the way he is passing out his buddy's pups like popcorn to whomever, not that the buddy would care or know enough to actually screen buyers.

And for those of you mental defectives who think this disaster is just hunky dory, breedings like this are one of the major reasons we kill millions of dogs in shelters every year, and are seeing more and more restrictive legislation re: dog ownership being passed. If you think crap like this doesn't affect you, think again.

I guess the best we can hope for in this case is that both of these clowns and the potential owners have been neutered, so that al least they can't pass their God-awful ignorance on to the next generation.
The lab and golden think: "My humans give me food, shelter and love; they must be gods."
The Chesapeake thinks: "My humans give me food, shelter and love; I must be a God."
User avatar
Dawnsearlylight
hunter
 
Posts: 653
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:19 pm
Location: western NY

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:20 am

A couple I know spent a couple of months trying to convince me to do the same by breeding Bella with their male Chessie. I finally got a bit abrupt with them about it. They just couldn't see why it was a bad idea. Of course the are both "great dogs" and would make beautiful puppies that would "hunt so well". I am no ones breeder, and I know that these types of crosses are a bad idea.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6394
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby elknutz » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:26 am

I've always owned labs, married into a family that worshiped Brittany's - my FIL was so impressed with my labs that he got the idea that breeding a lab with a Britt would bring out the best traits of both dogs. It was impossible to reason with him & he found a lab to stud his Britt since I wouldn't let him use mine. He lives in a fantasy world & to this day claims they were the best dogs ever, the one he kept was worthless. Just think of the term "Responsible breeding."
elknutz
hunter
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:52 am

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:01 pm

I would guess that over the history of both breeds hundreds of millions of dollars have been spent on efforts to improve the breed and make them suitable for hunting. The OP in his long dog breeding history and wisdom thinks random breeding of two breeds is a great idea. :lol3:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6394
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby Labs » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:22 pm

CRASH34 wrote:I'm not trying to sell the dogs!! Like I said I took 3years to finally pick my dog I was picky as hell. Didn't see me complaining about mix breeds


This statement right here is why this is the dumbest thread, ever, on DHC. Crash, if you were so picky when you were researching your dog, and supposedly got a chessie from a reputable breeder, why on God's green earth would you produce a mutt litter? Wouldn't you think that your "buddies" would want to do the same due dilligence that you did researching a dog? If it's not such a big deal, why didn't you get yourself a cross bred dog when you were looking? You said it yourself, you were picky and wanted to get one from a good breeding....

Hell, why don't you keep a pup from this litter...since you are such a chessie connoisseur, and all?
"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers
Labs
hunter
 
Posts: 1253
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:42 pm
Location: Mayer, MN

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby CRASH34 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:05 pm

Labs wrote:
CRASH34 wrote:I'm not trying to sell the dogs!! Like I said I took 3years to finally pick my dog I was picky as hell. Didn't see me complaining about mix breeds


This statement right here is why this is the dumbest thread, ever, on DHC. Crash, if you were so picky when you were researching your dog, and supposedly got a chessie from a reputable breeder, why on God's green earth would you produce a mutt litter? Wouldn't you think that your "buddies" would want to do the same due dilligence that you did researching a dog? If it's not such a big deal, why didn't you get yourself a cross bred dog when you were looking? You said it yourself, you were picky and wanted to get one from a good breeding....

Hell, why don't you keep a pup from this litter...since you are such a chessie connoisseur, and all?


I have always wanted "A" chessie... An maybe I will keep one just depends on work. And I have ha mutts my whole life there is nothing wrong with them. Do y'all not have dogs as family/hunting dogs? Y'all act as if y'all only use them for reeding purposes and hunting... Damn I'm done with this sight bunch of babies
CRASH34
hunter
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:57 am

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby CRASH34 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:08 pm

Dawnsearlylight wrote:
Takem_Brewer wrote:Crash, just outta curiosity, what is your chessie's pedigree (parents registered names). I would love to see what kinda breeding he came from.


Oh hell, this guy doesn't even know where the dog came from (Dallas on this thread, Houston on a different one, did I miss the memo on Texas shrinking??), and probably doesn't even know what a pedigree is, let alone how to read one. Apparently his main criteria for choosing a pup was proximity to the litter. I love the way he is passing out his buddy's pups like popcorn to whomever, not that the buddy would care or know enough to actually screen buyers.

And for those of you mental defectives who think this disaster is just hunky dory, breedings like this are one of the major reasons we kill millions of dogs in shelters every year, and are seeing more and more restrictive legislation re: dog ownership being passed. If you think crap like this doesn't affect you, think again.

I guess the best we can hope for in this case is that both of these clowns and the potential owners have been neutered, so that al least they can't pass their God-awful ignorance on to the next generation.


Meant to say Houston. I'm done with this sight I don't have to prove anything to y'all
CRASH34
hunter
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:57 am

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby ScaupHunter » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:05 pm

You just proved you're a quitter. :lol3:
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6394
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby FowlPwrcat » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:27 pm

Hahaha I enjoyed that one...
Retrieves for 2011-12 Season: 57
Retrieves for 2012-13 Season: 67
Retrieves for 2013-14 Season: 171
User avatar
FowlPwrcat
hunter
 
Posts: 581
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:22 pm
Location: Kansas

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby Dawnsearlylight » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:31 am

Too late Crash, you've already "proven" plenty. I especially love the fact that after calling everyone who disagreed with you crybabies, you throw a tantrum and pick up your toys and go home. Maybe you can rejoin us in a couple of years and illustrate how your experiment worked out so well that it "proved" us all wrong - or not.
The lab and golden think: "My humans give me food, shelter and love; they must be gods."
The Chesapeake thinks: "My humans give me food, shelter and love; I must be a God."
User avatar
Dawnsearlylight
hunter
 
Posts: 653
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:19 pm
Location: western NY

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby tpd5 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:52 am

Still waiting to hear your dog's pedigree....
tpd5
hunter
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:29 am
Location: Westford, MA

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby Dawnsearlylight » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:07 am

tpd5 wrote:Still waiting to hear your dog's pedigree....



Hope you aren't holding your head under water while you're waiting :biggrin: .
The lab and golden think: "My humans give me food, shelter and love; they must be gods."
The Chesapeake thinks: "My humans give me food, shelter and love; I must be a God."
User avatar
Dawnsearlylight
hunter
 
Posts: 653
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:19 pm
Location: western NY

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby dogyak » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:16 am

Dawnsearlylight wrote:
tpd5 wrote:Still waiting to hear your dog's pedigree....



Hope you aren't holding your head under water while you're waiting :biggrin: .

yeah , you will be waiting a long time . He's full of crap . :lol:
dogyak
hunter
 
Posts: 980
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:18 pm
Location: FL

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby tpd5 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:09 pm

yea i don't actually expect to ever see the pedigree
tpd5
hunter
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:29 am
Location: Westford, MA

PreviousNext

Return to Hunting Dog Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests