Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: hunt-chessies, HNTFSH, captainkevan, swampbilly 1980

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby sdduckman » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:40 am

I would like to see that pedigree too!
"There are only two true sports, hunting and fishing, anything else is just a game."
sdduckman
hunter
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:08 pm
Location: Elk River MN


Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby Takem_Brewer » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:48 pm

Crash, I see in the classifieds you "need" a female chessie, yet you are saying you only wanted one chessie. Sounds like you were just desperate to stroke your ego and breed your male chessie.
Hiland's Talkin Bout My Girl | Vada
Eyez to the Sky Morning Teal | Teal
Ottercreek's Wake Up Little Susie | Susie
User avatar
Takem_Brewer
hunter
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 12:51 pm
Location: North Iowa

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby Labs » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:25 am

Takem_Brewer wrote:Crash, I see in the classifieds you "need" a female chessie, yet you are saying you only wanted one chessie. Sounds like you were just desperate to stroke your ego and breed your male chessie.


BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... :lol: :lol: I guess he rethought breeding to his buddy's lab, huh?
"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers
Labs
hunter
 
Posts: 1422
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:42 pm
Location: Mayer, MN

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby dogyak » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:35 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
dogyak
hunter
 
Posts: 1198
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:18 pm
Location: FL

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby Locked&Loaded » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:46 am

Wow! Crash, ask yourself this question: "Will this breeding facilitate betterment of the breed?" The answer to that question is a resounding NO. And whenever the answer to that question is no, then it should not occur. We all want a healthy K9 companion with natural hunting ability and desire. We get these kinds of pups from parents with proven hunting ability in the form of test / trial titles and with all appropriate health clearances. Even when all of these avenues are taken, we aren't guaranteed anything, but it certainly increases our odds.

Also, I have to comment on the post stating that we should not be too harsh as there are many people out there willing to pay big bucks for designer mutts, such as, labradoodles, etc. It should really not come as a suprise to anyone that the world is full of idiots and anyone willing to pay several hundred dollars for a fad mutt is uhhh, well, an idiot.

Carry on fellas.
User avatar
Locked&Loaded
Magic Mike
 
Posts: 8415
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby i_willie12 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:41 pm

Hey it could work.... :rolleyes:
Attachments
Duck-Hunt-4d63995c4a501.jpg
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
User avatar
i_willie12
hunter
 
Posts: 4364
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:42 am
Location: Marshall MO

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby Labs » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:02 pm

:lol: This post is seriously hilarious....=)
"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers
Labs
hunter
 
Posts: 1422
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:42 pm
Location: Mayer, MN

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby txhunter90 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:12 pm

Wow this post. Lol wake up and be a responsible breeder. Accident ok, intentional give me a break.
User avatar
txhunter90
hunter
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:19 pm

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby assateague » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:15 pm

Locked&Loaded wrote:Wow! Crash, ask yourself this question: "Will this breeding facilitate betterment of the breed?" The answer to that question is a resounding NO. And whenever the answer to that question is no, then it should not occur. We all want a healthy K9 companion with natural hunting ability and desire. We get these kinds of pups from parents with proven hunting ability in the form of test / trial titles and with all appropriate health clearances. Even when all of these avenues are taken, we aren't guaranteed anything, but it certainly increases our odds.

Also, I have to comment on the post stating that we should not be too harsh as there are many people out there willing to pay big bucks for designer mutts, such as, labradoodles, etc. It should really not come as a suprise to anyone that the world is full of idiots and anyone willing to pay several hundred dollars for a fad mutt is uhhh, well, an idiot.

Carry on fellas.



To bad the same doesn't apply to people.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
User avatar
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire
 
Posts: 21277
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:25 pm
Location: Eastern Shore, People's Republic of Maryland

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby Jarbo03 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:15 pm

CRASH34 wrote:
Labs wrote:
CRASH34 wrote:I'm not trying to sell the dogs!! Like I said I took 3years to finally pick my dog I was picky as hell. Didn't see me complaining about mix breeds


This statement right here is why this is the dumbest thread, ever, on DHC. Crash, if you were so picky when you were researching your dog, and supposedly got a chessie from a reputable breeder, why on God's green earth would you produce a mutt litter? Wouldn't you think that your "buddies" would want to do the same due dilligence that you did researching a dog? If it's not such a big deal, why didn't you get yourself a cross bred dog when you were looking? You said it yourself, you were picky and wanted to get one from a good breeding....

Hell, why don't you keep a pup from this litter...since you are such a chessie connoisseur, and all?


I have always wanted "A" chessie... An maybe I will keep one just depends on work. And I have ha mutts my whole life there is nothing wrong with them. Do y'all not have dogs as family/hunting dogs? Y'all act as if y'all only use them for reeding purposes and hunting... Damn I'm done with this sight bunch of babies



Good people in other parts of the forum
User avatar
Jarbo03
hunter
 
Posts: 3577
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:26 pm
Location: KANSAS

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby whisperin' duck » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:24 pm

What's the actual issue here guys? He's bred a mutt, so? Does it influence you all? Does the fact that maybe a chessie retrieves a bit better than a lab but is a bit difficult influence anything? A chessies drive with a labs temperament would be great, IMO. And anyone who wants my dogs pedigree just pm me and I'll send you a photo of his papers.
LadyK wrote:Ya know, day to day, government collapse, zombie apocalypse. A woman's job never changes. :lol3:
User avatar
whisperin' duck
Forum & State Moderator
 
Posts: 7449
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 2:11 pm
Location: North East Arkansas

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:24 am

whisperin' duck wrote:What's the actual issue here guys? He's bred a mutt, so? Does it influence you all? Does the fact that maybe a chessie retrieves a bit better than a lab but is a bit difficult influence anything? A chessies drive with a labs temperament would be great, IMO. And anyone who wants my dogs pedigree just pm me and I'll send you a photo of his papers.

were it to be that easy to pick out the traits you want and don't want in a dog, and then make the dog.....might happen one day though.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58806
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby Labs » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:12 am

whisperin' duck wrote:Does the fact that maybe a chessie retrieves a bit better than a lab but is a bit difficult influence anything? A chessies drive with a labs temperament would be great, .


Painting with a pretty broad brush, don't ya think? I've seen fire breathers in both breeds and I have seen fat slugs within both breeds...simply putting a lab and chessie together isn't going to create this super wonder dog that you think. There's more to it than the fact that he knowingly created a mutt.
"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers
Labs
hunter
 
Posts: 1422
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:42 pm
Location: Mayer, MN

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby Dawnsearlylight » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:19 am

Those of you who see nothing wrong with this breeding need to take a peek at the other thread on the topic.
The lab and golden think: "My humans give me food, shelter and love; they must be gods."
The Chesapeake thinks: "My humans give me food, shelter and love; I must be a God."
User avatar
Dawnsearlylight
hunter
 
Posts: 770
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:19 pm
Location: western NY

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:22 am

I bet no one has ever thought to paint a chessador holding a mule duck (pintailXmallard cross) for a duck stamp competition...that painting would set off people from one coast to the other! :lol3:
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58806
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby Rick Hall » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:30 am

Indaswamp wrote:
whisperin' duck wrote:What's the actual issue here guys? He's bred a mutt, so? Does it influence you all? Does the fact that maybe a chessie retrieves a bit better than a lab but is a bit difficult influence anything? A chessies drive with a labs temperament would be great, IMO. And anyone who wants my dogs pedigree just pm me and I'll send you a photo of his papers.

were it to be that easy to pick out the traits you want and don't want in a dog, and then make the dog.....might happen one day though.


Anyone else reminded of the Einstein X Monroe theorem?
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
User avatar
Rick Hall
hunter
 
Posts: 13876
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:38 am

Rick Hall wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:
whisperin' duck wrote:What's the actual issue here guys? He's bred a mutt, so? Does it influence you all? Does the fact that maybe a chessie retrieves a bit better than a lab but is a bit difficult influence anything? A chessies drive with a labs temperament would be great, IMO. And anyone who wants my dogs pedigree just pm me and I'll send you a photo of his papers.

were it to be that easy to pick out the traits you want and don't want in a dog, and then make the dog.....might happen one day though.


Anyone else reminded of the Einstein X Monroe theorem?

now that's a deep though on dogs Rick....
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Never fart in your waders, it'll give you WORTS.
User avatar
Indaswamp
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 58806
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:40 pm
Location: South Louisiana

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby Rick Hall » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:49 am

Indaswamp wrote:
Rick Hall wrote:Anyone else reminded of the Einstein X Monroe theorem?

now that's a deep though on dogs Rick....


Ok, once again in dogese: You're as apt to get a pup with the worst traits of both parents as their best (wind up with offspring with Einstein's looks and Monroe's brains for those too young to know the theorem), so I'll hold out for pups whose close kin have demonstrated not just what I'd want out of them but little likelihood of what I don't want.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
User avatar
Rick Hall
hunter
 
Posts: 13876
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:03 pm

Re: Chesapeake lab x puppies coming soon!!

Postby ScaupHunter » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:34 am

It comes down to a non-breeder randomly throwing two dogs together to make a profit. He can't even sell all the pups hence the OBO in his post. While I have no issue with intelligent breeding of animals for an intended purpose. The OP did nothing of the sort. He just wanted to breed his dog to try something and then make a profit off the breeding.

If a kennel tried to breed out a Chessador line, the existing breeders would go nuts! Why? Direct threat to future profits and the existing breeds. If the party in question bred a Chessador line with the best traits of both breeds you would have a hot selling dog for sure. Eventually all the furor would settle and the new line would become accepted and be able to be registered. Same thing happened with Labs and Chessies.
Bella's
Decoy Setting Pro Staff
Boat Operator Pro Staff
Duck Shooting Pro Staff
Warm Towel Pro Staff
Snack Supply Pro Staff

He works for free! Who's the B now?
User avatar
ScaupHunter
hunter
 
Posts: 6766
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 am

Previous

Return to Hunting Dog Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests