Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.
Moderators: swampbilly 1980, hunt-chessies, HNTFSH
What kind of bedding do ya'll recomend, a friend said hay or ceder chips, this for an outside pen
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:25 pm
- Location: mississippi gulf coast
- Posts: 2027
- Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:02 am
- Location: Kennewick, WA
Definately not hay. You must be one of them thar "city boys". :cool:
"I'll start spending less time with my dog and more with my wife when she starts fetching ducks for me"
- Posts: 271
- Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:59 pm
- Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Mine prefers goose down featherd mattress or household carpet :cool: , yes momma has her spoiled. But outside go with straw.
Everyone must believe in something and I believe I'll go hunting. When men bond something must die.
- Forum & State Moderator
- Posts: 1892
- Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:12 pm
- Location: Aiken County, SC
We use straw in the winter because its cold up here, even though it hasn't been cold yet
In the summer I use wood chips. I heard on a hunting show to use wood chips because it won't get all smelly, but smell don't matter to me as long as the dog is warm.
- Posts: 1857
- Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:13 pm
- Location: Mitchell/Aberdeen, SD
Return to Hunting Dog Forum
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: jdmcclar and 8 guests