Chesador's listed for sale on classifieds today

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: captainkevan, swampbilly 1980, HNTFSH, hunt-chessies

Chesador's listed for sale on classifieds today

Postby dogyak » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:02 pm

Someone on the 17th of Aug listed Chesador's for 400 dollars on the classifieds . I asked if he really was asking 400 for a mutt and if he planned this breeding or a mistake ! :huh: . Don't understand why these guys think this is such a good thing . :sad:
dogyak
hunter

Re: Chesador's listed for sale on classifieds today

Postby krazybronco2 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:49 am

was it the same guy that was bragging about breeding his chessie with his friends lab
krazybronco2
hunter

Postby eeliott » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:17 pm

nobody said it was a good thing I bred my lab because I wanted too,an nobody bragging about it .I just posted some pups on here to sell an have sold a couple an then u have to make a smart remark about them.sounds like to me u don't have anything better to do but talk
eeliott
hunter

Postby dogyak » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:53 pm

Krazy , this is why defects in the breeding happen . LOL , he even PM me and cuss me out and threaten to whip my butt . Hope to see you at the Ga hunt test in Nov . You will be running your dog in season right . I will be running 1 in season , she needs one more pass for her HR title . Well I better go hide somewhere now . HAHA !
dogyak
hunter

Postby rivercountry » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:19 pm

dogyak which test you running in GA? I may run a season test down there if NC dont get some more posted. I am starting fresh we need all four passes for HR. This year will be mine and Gunners first try at this game would be nice to go 4 for 4 but I am sure I will goof him up somewhere.
True Happiness is in a flooded rice field puttin em in the decoys
rivercountry
hunter

Postby krazybronco2 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:24 pm

rivercountry wrote:dogyak which test you running in GA? I may run a season test down there if NC dont get some more posted. I am starting fresh we need all four passes for HR. This year will be mine and Gunners first try at this game would be nice to go 4 for 4 but I am sure I will goof him up somewhere.

there is a test in North GA in sept it will be closer to you than the one dogyak is talking about which I think is south of savannah GA. also midland hrc is having a test in Johnston SC in Oct. I will be at both the north GA test and the midlands test really the only reason I will be at the one that dogyak is talking about is if we fail one or 2 of the other test.
krazybronco2
hunter

Postby krazybronco2 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:28 pm

dogyak wrote:Krazy , this is why defects in the breeding happen . LOL , he even PM me and cuss me out and threaten to whip my butt . Hope to see you at the Ga hunt test in Nov . You will be running your dog in season right . I will be running 1 in season , she needs one more pass for her HR title . Well I better go hide somewhere now . HAHA !

haha I know a place you can stay if you feel threatened. nice place with a lot of water and a little land you can train on
krazybronco2
hunter

Postby dogyak » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:38 pm

rivercountry wrote:dogyak which test you running in GA? I may run a season test down there if NC dont get some more posted. I am starting fresh we need all four passes for HR. This year will be mine and Gunners first try at this game would be nice to go 4 for 4 but I am sure I will goof him up somewhere.

Hey river , look up Northeast Florida Hunting Retriever Club . The test is being held at Mossy Pond Retrievers Kennel . I know , a Florida club hosting in Ga . Kind of funny . I'll be running a dog in season , like I said . She only needs one more pass for her HR . Never running more than one flight . Having a dog in finish and one in season is too much running around . So I'm just going to finish her out so I can just run both in finish for now on , of course there is upland :eek: . Maybe get her UH before moving her to finish . Hey man , come on down if you can . Heard the grounds are pretty nice , have not seen it myself . Good luck and hope to see you maybe . :hi:
dogyak
hunter

Postby krazybronco2 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:42 pm

dogyak wrote:

Hey river , look up Northeast Florida Hunting Retriever Club . The test is being held at Mossy Pond Retrievers Kennel . I know , a Florida club hosting in Ga . Kind of funny . I'll be running a dog in season , like I said . She only needs one more pass for her HR . Never running more than one flight . Having a dog in finish and one in season is too much running around . So I'm just going to finish her out so I can just run both in finish for now on , of course there is upland :eek: . Maybe get her UH before moving her to finish . Hey man , come on down if you can . Heard the grounds are pretty nice , have not seen it myself . Good luck and hope to see you maybe . :hi:

if you want to see what mossy pond looks like google them they have pics and videos of the grounds. and from what I have seen they are pretty nice grounds.
krazybronco2
hunter

Postby dogyak » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:07 pm

krazybronco2 wrote:
dogyak wrote:Krazy , this is why defects in the breeding happen . LOL , he even PM me and cuss me out and threaten to whip my butt . Hope to see you at the Ga hunt test in Nov . You will be running your dog in season right . I will be running 1 in season , she needs one more pass for her HR title . Well I better go hide somewhere now . HAHA !

haha I know a place you can stay if you feel threatened. nice place with a lot of water and a little land you can train on

LOL , think I'll be ok . Can't wait to see Dream red about this , you know how she feels about mixing breeds . He thinks I was being hard . He PM me again . Kind of the same stuff , and also said his chesador's were akc and ukc . Didn't write back too the second PM . I'm done with it . The akc and ukc will not reg any mix breed . He's madd cause I said they were mutts . :yes: Oh , said I've posted 500 times or something like that , and he knows what kind of guy I am . Really don't know what that has to do with it . Bottom line is he is breeding mutts for profit .That's fine if someone wants to do that . But you the same ad's posted on DHC , you could have gotten a AKC lab for 500 with papers :huh: .
dogyak
hunter

Postby krazybronco2 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:53 am

dogyak wrote:
krazybronco2 wrote:

LOL , think I'll be ok . Can't wait to see Dream red about this , you know how she feels about mixing breeds . He thinks I was being hard . He PM me again . Kind of the same stuff , and also said his chesador's were akc and ukc . Didn't write back too the second PM . I'm done with it . The akc and ukc will not reg any mix breed . He's madd cause I said they were mutts . :yes: Oh , said I've posted 500 times or something like that , and he knows what kind of guy I am . Really don't know what that has to do with it . Bottom line is he is breeding mutts for profit .That's fine if someone wants to do that . But you the same ad's posted on DHC , you could have gotten a AKC lab for 500 with papers :huh: .

you can get a fully paper lab cheaper than that from the GON forums and the parents have picked up over 60 woodies haha. just messing but i know what you are saying
krazybronco2
hunter

Postby rivercountry » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:24 am

Thanks krazy I will be running Big Elkin in September for sure. Then it will either be SC or GA. Some of the Ga test are closer to me than the SC test. I know it sounds crazy but they are. Just hoping for a season tite this fall and then run finish in this spring.
True Happiness is in a flooded rice field puttin em in the decoys
rivercountry
hunter

Postby Labs » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:40 am

I think it's awesome that you hi-jacked your own thread.... :wink:
"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless" - Kenny Powers
Labs
hunter

Postby assateague » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:42 am

I think it's awesome that every breed of dog that someone hunts with on here was an "unregistered mutt" at some point. And that those same people seem to either ignore or forget that. #thumbsup.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby Labs » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:46 am

assateague wrote:I think it's awesome that every breed of dog that someone hunts with on here was an "unregistered mutt" at some point. And that those same people seem to either ignore or forget that. #thumbsup.

Can't entirely disagree with that....however, in being a dog owner, I feel it is my duty to breed to the AKC standard. Designer breeding is running rampant with all breeds...what I can't fatham is why people are dumb enough to pay those kind of prices for a dog that you should get for free...what's wrong with some of us not wanting to dilute the breeds we already have...awe hell, that probably makes me a dog breed racist, huh? :wink:
Labs
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:47 am

assateague wrote:same people seem to either ignore

We also use to live in mud houses, have no electricity, hunt with wooden bow arrows, and ride horse everywhere!! But we got further educated and evolved.. :thumbsup:
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby msheldon8 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:36 am

My dog is all lab unregistered. He is undersized weighing only 64 lbs and has allergies. I was uninformed when I got him when it comes to registered/unregistered dogs. Never the less he still retrieves like a machine. People should not have puppy mills, but they do and for this reason I am thankful for people that are willing to take them in. I do not agree with people acting like snobby jerks to other guys like me its just rude. Still I see the benefit of akc registered animals. I could have avoided allergies and a lot of money spent. In the future I'll find a good breeder and pay whatever it takes because my vet bills could have got me the finest lab around.
msheldon8
hunter

Postby CatSquirrel » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:52 am

Most working retrieving breeds were developed to fill a need from various existing dog breeds during that time, mostly the 1700 and 1800's.

Chessies, Labs and Goldens were all produced by small kennels or in a small regional area where the dogs were selectively bred to preserve certain traits. These dogs became popular and the breeds spread (particularly Labs and Goldens).

All I see here is a breeding to make some quick cash. Not a part of a kennel program.

Shrug....in the end, people will do what they want to. But, I wouldn't buy one.
CatSquirrel
hunter

Postby dogyak » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:54 am

msheldon8 wrote:My dog is all lab unregistered. He is undersized weighing only 64 lbs and has allergies. I was uninformed when I got him when it comes to registered/unregistered dogs. Never the less he still retrieves like a machine. People should not have puppy mills, but they do and for this reason I am thankful for people that are willing to take them in. I do not agree with people acting like snobby jerks to other guys like me its just rude. Still I see the benefit of akc registered animals. I could have avoided allergies and a lot of money spent. In the future I'll find a good breeder and pay whatever it takes because my vet bills could have got me the finest lab around.

Nothing wrong with giving a pup a good home with a accidental breeding or stray being found . I've seen many times that these dogs have turned out to be great hunting dog/family dog . But just flat out think it's wrong to mix breeds for a profit . so saying that . I'm going to breed my female lab to a Jack Russell to make a real canoe lab :lol: :lol: , or my male to a pom and get whatever comes . someone would buy it cause it's different . Just kidding
dogyak
hunter

Postby assateague » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:24 pm

Labs wrote:
assateague wrote:I think it's awesome that every breed of dog that someone hunts with on here was an "unregistered mutt" at some point. And that those same people seem to either ignore or forget that. #thumbsup.

Can't entirely disagree with that....however, in being a dog owner, I feel it is my duty to breed to the AKC standard. Designer breeding is running rampant with all breeds...what I can't fatham is why people are dumb enough to pay those kind of prices for a dog that you should get for free...what's wrong with some of us not wanting to dilute the breeds we already have...awe hell, that probably makes me a dog breed racist, huh? :wink:

I agree with this 100%. But the fact is, focusing on the "mutt" aspect rather than the price aspect just makes people appear ignorant of how their dog got here. While a lot of lab owners may like to believe their dogs were gifted to earth from God in their current form, that's just not the case. :lol3:

CatSquirrel wrote:Most working retrieving breeds were developed to fill a need from various existing dog breeds during that time, mostly the 1700 and 1800's.

So what "need' isn't filled by a Chessador? Do you think labs and chessies are the same and have the same traits? If not, then there most certainly is a "need" to be filled.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague

Postby Labs » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:33 pm

assateague wrote:So what "need' isn't filled by a Chessador? Do you think labs and chessies are the same and have the same traits? If not, then there most certainly is a "need" to be filled.

For the sake of argument...please list some traits by either breed that cannot be filled by one breed or the other. There really isn't a logical argument for a "chessador" breeding...Labradoodle, I get...or at least I get the hypoallergenic sale pitch...even though they shed just as bad as a regular ol lab...good marketing strategy, tho... :wink:
Labs
hunter

Postby dogyak » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:50 pm

This was a plan breeding for a profit . I get it "free world" . This was not a breeding to better either breed IMO . Most of the time they don't care to increase the incidence of that undersirable recessive trait . Giving less importance to important factors such as performance , heath , structure , etc . :no: So do you want to buy one of my Lab cross with Jack Russell . It will make a great canoe lab :lol:
dogyak
hunter

Postby Labs » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:03 pm

Canoe lab...I like it. Would they also root out skunks from under a barn floor?? :biggrin:
Labs
hunter

Postby assateague » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:38 pm

dogyak wrote:This was a plan breeding for a profit . I get it "free world" . This was not a breeding to better either breed IMO . Most of the time they don't care to increase the incidence of that undersirable recessive trait . Giving less importance to important factors such as performance , heath , structure , etc . :no: So do you want to buy one of my Lab cross with Jack Russell . It will make a great canoe lab :lol:

Was the guy in Maryland 200 years ago looking to improve the Newfoundland? Or maybe they were trying to improve the many mutts in the area that they were bred to? Nope, they were trying to create a better water dog. Better than the one they already had.

When labs were invented, were they trying to improve the breeds they were crossing, or were they trying to invent something new? Of course, you know the answer to that one. So your "not a breeding to better either breed" is just a silly statement from the get-go.

Your lab is just as much a mutt, albeit a mutt which is a little bit older. Careful stepping down off your high horse- the drop can be a doozy sometimes.
WOLVERINES

assateague

Postby assateague » Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:39 pm

Labs wrote:
assateague wrote:So what "need' isn't filled by a Chessador? Do you think labs and chessies are the same and have the same traits? If not, then there most certainly is a "need" to be filled.

For the sake of argument...please list some traits by either breed that cannot be filled by one breed or the other. There really isn't a logical argument for a "chessador" breeding...Labradoodle, I get...or at least I get the hypoallergenic sale pitch...even though they shed just as bad as a regular ol lab...good marketing strategy, tho... :wink:

Sure. Right after you list the traits which are present in a Chesapeake which could not be found in a St. John's Water Dog.
WOLVERINES

assateague

Next

Return to Hunting Dog Forum