Be Careful...

Share hunting dog tips, hunting dog training questions or links of interest here.

Moderators: captainkevan, swampbilly 1980, HNTFSH, hunt-chessies

Re: Be Careful...

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:19 am

gonehuntin' wrote:Thanks Swamp. I try to never belittle another poster, to mostly help people. NOT that I don't get into my share of "differences of opinion" :lol: but I try not to insult other posters. Comes with age. A lot of it. :sad:

Hard for me to sit back and digest the disrespect towards YOU and others on here that have generously offered up hundreds and hundreds of hours of their time dedicated to folks to help them with dogs.
Lots of headaches, and training disasters have been saved over the years from you guys here, long before I ever became a member . Not to go without mentioning the good, solid, excellent advice that's been offered up here.
I personally respect all of that.

I know goodness when I see it.

Some advice comes with some "toughness", and sometimes HAS to be delivered that way.

Know that everyones' different, but some of the best lessons I've ever learned was accompanied with a good arse chewin' on top of it.
It "sticks" better like that sometimes :wink:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby dogyak » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:08 pm

swampbilly 1980 wrote:
gonehuntin' wrote:Thanks Swamp. I try to never belittle another poster, to mostly help people. NOT that I don't get into my share of "differences of opinion" :lol: but I try not to insult other posters. Comes with age. A lot of it. :sad:

Hard for me to sit back and digest the disrespect towards YOU and others on here that have generously offered up hundreds and hundreds of hours of their time dedicated to folks to help them with dogs.
Lots of headaches, and training disasters have been saved over the years from you guys here, long before I ever became a member . Not to go without mentioning the good, solid, excellent advice that's been offered up here.
I personally respect all of that.

I know goodness when I see it.

Some advice comes with some "toughness", and sometimes HAS to be delivered that way.

Know that everyones' different, but some of the best lessons I've ever learned was accompanied with a good arse chewin' on top of it.
It "sticks" better like that sometimes :wink:

Thank you , was wondering when the axe was coming down . As I said , it was a classless act . He also made some insulting remarks on other post instead of trying to help . If you read this corncob , you are still welcome to become someone that could give good advise if you have the knowledge on the topic . Swamp is giving you a chance and now it's up too you !
dogyak
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:20 pm

dogyak wrote: If you read this corncob , you are still welcome to become someone that could give good advise if you have the knowledge on the topic .

Yeah but the contradictions might have to be sorted out :wink:

corncob wrote: i have been out in the dove fields but if its super hot the lab stays home and i will take my curs out with me

That's so that he can subject THEM to heat stroke(?) :huh:
Sounds to me ole 'corn is a fella' who believes Curs are bred specifically to withstand heat exhaustion. Apparently Curs are exempt from it because they're.. wait, ..lemme' guess-----> Curs :wink:

corncob wrote: the rational guy took his fat lazy lab out in the summer heat and hunted him. what has it 95 out and your going to hunt that dog pitiful how the hell can you think its ok to do that crap

That's hot alright!
Would guess NO "rational" guy would hunt any dog in that kinda' heat now would they?

Oh wait-
corncob wrote:102 this afternoon in the dove field. my dog is still fine

^^^Whoops^^^
Spoke too soon :wink:
Swampbilly1980- I got a feeva',..and the only cure is more Mergansers and face paint.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Jarbo03 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:54 pm

Corncobs dog didn't die, I'm sure he kept it well watered, cool and in the shade. Any dog person would know that a cattle dog breed is more suited to handle the heat than a water retriever.
Jarbo03
hunter

Postby dogyak » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:11 pm

Jarbo03 wrote:Corncobs dog didn't die, I'm sure he kept it well watered, cool and in the shade. Any dog person would know that a cattle dog breed is more suited to handle the heat than a water retriever.

Gotta say , corncob has been very insulting -like him knocking the Lab owners . I've never be little your choice of breed , in fact , I don't care what breed or mix for that matter if it works for you . I'm a lab guy , but years ago in the early 80's , had a little britt , and what a great little hunter she was . At that time , I used her mostly for waterfowl , and yes I got looks . But it worked for me so who cares . We all can have different thoughts on a subject , but we can still get along without saying something flat out rude . This is really the issue . Just saying .
dogyak
hunter

Postby Elvis Kiwi » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:28 pm

I will go back and delete any of my posts that are getting close to the line. hope I havent made this crap situation any worse. good to see moderator has got on this before it gets any further out of hand.
Elvis Kiwi
hunter

Postby assateague » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:35 pm

I'm gonna take The Dingo out breaking ice for black ducks in January. And I'm gonna keep an eye on her. But if she dies, I fully expect the same amount of sympathy for me, and the same amount of vitriol against those who call me a dumbass, as is shown here. Thank you in advance.
WOLVERINES

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Let a man vote to give himself a fish and he eats until society collapses.
assateague
Emu hunter extraordinaire

Postby CatSquirrel » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:53 pm

Shruggg....unfortunately the world has it's fair share of people who get their jollies by being insultive behind a keyboard while stroking their own ego and putting others down.

It's always been my policy that you never really know who you're talking to on these forums, whether theyre a newbie or a seasoned old handler, so it's best to be as cordial and helpful as possible. Not that I don't enjoy mixing it up occasionally :tongue:
CatSquirrel
hunter

Postby AKPirate » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:23 pm

corncob wrote:
assateague wrote:I'm gonna take The Dingo out breaking ice for black ducks in January. And I'm gonna keep an eye on her. But if she dies, I fully expect the same amount of sympathy for me, and the same amount of vitriol against those who call me a dumbass, as is shown here. Thank you in advance.

damn dog killer.where do you stand on group limits? POACHER!!!!!

Group limits are fun on Sundays :yes:
AKPirate
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:45 pm

CatSquirrel wrote:Shruggg....unfortunately the world has it's fair share of people who get their jollies by being insultive behind a keyboard while stroking their own ego and putting others down. :

Really. Expressing your concern about how the dog died is insulting? If it was a irresponsible dog owner that did cause the death of a dog they deserve to be insulted. Weather behind a keyboard or not. Now I don't know if irresponsibility had anything to do with what happened with the op but y'all should care more if a dog died due to stupidity and less about somebody's feelings getting hurt over the potential truth. Depending on the case.

Sent from my Vox Mortem
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Postby Elvis Kiwi » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:56 pm

there wasnt an expression of concern as much as a major put down right from the kick off here, thus the reason people took offence to the tone used and the lack of common courtesy to Jimmy who posted to help this not happening to others...not to be insulted and labelled irresponsible!!!!
the 2nd to last post by this :huh: ....... contentious? :huh: poster just shows how little respect it has for others...not to mention the younguns who may read this thread :mad:
Elvis Kiwi
hunter

Postby The Duck Hammer » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:59 pm

If the guy killed his dog due to irresponsibility did he deserve to be put down?

Sent from my Vox Mortem
“When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on” - Theodore Roosevelt
jaysweet3 wrote:
Indaswamp wrote:easy...just manipulate the ruler to make the inch shorter so that 28" reads 30"..... :thumbsup:

That's how I got a 13" pecker.
The Duck Hammer
hunter

Be Careful...

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:13 am

Jarbo03 wrote: Any dog person would know that a cattle dog breed is more suited to handle the heat than a water retriever.

That's a fact Jarbo, they are :thumbsup:

Not quite sure what "point" you're trying to make.

But that doesn't neccessarily mean that they're totally exempt from the same medical conditions that other dogs are subjected to and that does in fact, include heatstroke and heat exhaustion.
Have seen on more than one occasion working ranch Curs outside of Irving with wagging tongues, walking around aimlessly seeking shade from the Texas heat and dust. They are however- a dang tough breed.

assateague wrote:I'm gonna take The Dingo out breaking ice for black ducks in January. And I'm gonna keep an eye on her. But if she dies, I fully expect the same amount of sympathy for me, and the same amount of vitriol against those who call me a dumbass, as is shown here. Thank you in advance.

Teague'-
Glad you chose Blackducks over Pintails-
At least then the Dingo would get wet :lol3:
:devil:

Hypothermia has more easier identifiable symptoms than heatstroke, (you know that :yes: ).
If that happens we ain't gonna' cut ya' any slack :devil:
Better yet-
We'll just judge you as you judge others :wink:
:beer:

But for now-
It's time for Corncobbs' going away party-

corncob wrote:
swampbilly 1980 wrote:
corncob wrote:
gonehuntin' wrote:Got a feeling ol' Corncob won't be around long. 92 posts and not one worth a hill of beans.

Now he's got us stashing vet kits, carrying IV's and going to the vet too much. Have mercy Lord.

Don't know I've ever heard of anyone carrying their own IV's before.

You from the Clearwater Corncob?

2k plus of post from you, so you must be a better man.
lots of real dog men have IVs in first aid kits. let me guess you have three cats in the house.
if you dont have the items to fix your dog in the field you are inept!
but 90% of you tools here dont have real hunting or working dogs.....labs dont count for real hunting dogs
and you little fish mr gone hunting i been here for a year just cause you dont have a life and post here all the time dont make you cool makes you a internet hunter. i have to go feed my mutts i will get back to your whiny little azz later.

Corncob-
Posting this for your "integrital" consumption.
Gonehuntin' is a retired Field Trialer whos' opinions have been of great value to this forum. He, and others on this forum, (and others who don't post here much anymore, perhaps a result of these kinds of posts), are very much respected. If the truth was to be known,.. I'd guess Gonehuntin' has lost more dogs from natural causes than you and I combined have ever owned.

Respectfully-
I can't sit back and watch you disrespect valued members of this forum in this manner.
As the half-arsed trainer I am, a mere state moderator on the forum, and as a man..please be advised that if I continue to see the amount of disrespect that you are displaying here, I will be forwarding a formal complaint to the admistration board.

Lets' clean this crap up.

May you govern yourself accordingly.

Thanks.
Respectfully-
Swamp.

Everyone say bye! :hi:
Last edited by swampbilly 1980 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby gonehuntin' » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:44 am

He has to be one of the most ignorant posters I have ever encountered on these boards. Thanh goodness he's finally gone.
I hate seeing a game bird die of natural causes, unless I naturally cause it.
gonehuntin'
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:53 am

gonehuntin' wrote:He has to be one of the most ignorant posters I have ever encountered on these boards. Thanh goodness he's finally gone.

It's just a matter of time I'm sure.
I'm just a state mod with no control over other threads outside of the state realm of Va..

However, if he doesn't dissappear-
I'd guess this website would no longer need me as a mod..

Out of all of Cobbs' silliness on here, think this one has to be my absolute favorite :yes: :

corncob wrote:as for you and others here that think you train a flipping retriever to go play in some make believe hunting makes you a great dog trainer. they are retrievers not very hard to train them
........................................................... :lol:

swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Eric Haynes » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:16 am

swampbilly 1980 wrote:
gonehuntin' wrote:He has to be one of the most ignorant posters I have ever encountered on these boards. Thanh goodness he's finally gone.

I'm just a state mod with no control over other threads outside of the state realm of Va..

Out of all of Cobbs' silliness on here, think this one has to be my absolute favorite :yes: :

corncob wrote:as for you and others here that think you train a flipping retriever to go play in some make believe hunting makes you a great dog trainer. they are retrievers not very hard to train them

I'm not picking sides, but if no Dog Forum Moderator's have chimed in with a warning or ban, don't you think you are over reacting? Would kind of be like the HI moderator coming into VAs forum and saying that if someone isn't banned they will be quitting their job. Isn't there a foe function on this site?
Eric Haynes
hunter

Postby Jarbo03 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:39 am

dogyak wrote:
Jarbo03 wrote:Corncobs dog didn't die, I'm sure he kept it well watered, cool and in the shade. Any dog person would know that a cattle dog breed is more suited to handle the heat than a water retriever.

Gotta say , corncob has been very insulting -like him knocking the Lab owners . I've never be little your choice of breed , in fact , I don't care what breed or mix for that matter if it works for you . I'm a lab guy , but years ago in the early 80's , had a little britt , and what a great little hunter she was . At that time , I used her mostly for waterfowl , and yes I got looks . But it worked for me so who cares . We all can have different thoughts on a subject , but we can still get along without saying something flat out rude . This is really the issue . Just saying .

I learned to waterfowl with a britt, awesome retriever. If he could have handled cold water I never would have owned my lab. He was a great retriever, and upland dog also, struggled when warm. My griff fills both roles very well, my dogs have to hunt everything and do it well. I like all hunting dogs, working dogs photos is the best thread around here.
Jarbo03
hunter

Postby CatSquirrel » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:34 pm

The Duck Hammer wrote:
CatSquirrel wrote:Shruggg....unfortunately the world has it's fair share of people who get their jollies by being insultive behind a keyboard while stroking their own ego and putting others down. :

Really. Expressing your concern about how the dog died is insulting? If it was a irresponsible dog owner that did cause the death of a dog they deserve to be insulted. Weather behind a keyboard or not. Now I don't know if irresponsibility had anything to do with what happened with the op but y'all should care more if a dog died due to stupidity and less about somebody's feelings getting hurt over the potential truth. Depending on the case.

Sent from my Vox Mortem

Expressing concern is one thing, and I agree with you. But it's useless to pile on when newbies might learn a thing or two about preventing heat stroke before it happens.

The bottom line is to read your dog for signs of distress and prevent getting into that situation by being aware.

Cornnob's babbling about how he's a better dog guy than everyone else, insulting retriever folk, calling the forum a bunch of "fags", and insinuating that I touch my children in inappropriate ways is enough for me.
The man is simply an idiot or a PETA troll.
CatSquirrel
hunter

Postby LaRedneck » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:11 pm

The bottom line is to read your dog for signs of distress and prevent getting into that situation by being aware.

↑ This is key. I've hunted in -20º weather in Ak to 105º in Az...yes with the same dog...a lab. Knowing your dogs limits will save you alot of heartaches. Learn to read what your dog is "telling" you.
THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

YOU GOT A PERMIT TO ASK STUPID QUESTIONS LIKE THAT (TRACE ADKINS)

NRA
DU
NAHC
LaRedneck
Forum & State Moderator

Postby rivercountry » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:00 pm

I could care less what you do with ole cob, honestly there were a lot of things said that were a little of center by several in this thread. It made it more interesting and kept the thread at the top but ole cob got further out of hand with his comments than anyone else I saw in his last several post. His comments about lab people I could care less about, sometimes you just have to consider the source and look over arrogance. What the OP posted was something that was meant to be helpful so that some may learn from his experience. If what he posted was a true account of the events that took place that day, I really don’t see where he could have avoided it other than leaving the dog at home totally. That’s an option we all have every time we leave the house but, really how many do. He admitted that it he was at fault and I never heard him make an excuse or try to place blame anywhere other than himself. I feel sure he didn’t harm his dog on purpose and it was unfortunate situation for the dog, the OP, and his family. Accidents happen and can be tragic and I believe that is exactly what this was, no more and no less. Jimmy good luck with your future puppy search and I hope none of us ever have to walk in your shoes.
True Happiness is in a flooded rice field puttin em in the decoys
rivercountry
hunter

Postby swampbilly 1980 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:46 am

Eric Haynes wrote:
swampbilly 1980 wrote:

I'm not picking sides, but if no Dog Forum Moderator's have chimed in with a warning or ban, don't you think you are over reacting? Would kind of be like the HI moderator coming into VAs forum and saying that if someone isn't banned they will be quitting their job. Isn't there a foe function on this site?

Eric-
For whatever reason(s) it was brought to my attention that there wasn't any active Mods. here at the time. No, I don't think there was any "over-reacting". And if a HI mod. or any other Mod. makes an observation in another forum other than what forum he's been assigned to doesn't mean that you're "out of your jurisdiction". A thread or a poster can be reported, same as YOU or anyone else can report it who's not a mod.. In other words, it doesn't matter- if I wasn't a mod. I'd have still reported it.

As far as "quitting my job"-
It was a general statement.
If, as a moderator,.. the obvious is pointed out and nothing is done about it.. then to me,.. it's apparent that there's really no reason to be one- Same "feeling" you, yourself may get if you reported something obvious and nothing was done about it.
Thing is-
I like people.
People don't like mods. :lol3:

swampbilly 1980
Forum & State Moderator

Postby gonehuntin' » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:42 am

Cob would have been axed by the mod's on any board I am on or was ever on. He insulted and degraded posters with never offering any thing of any value. The mod's were right to dump him. He was a useless piece of insulting, sub-human trash that made the board an unenjoyable place to be. Thanks Mod's for taking out the garbage.
I hate seeing a game bird die of natural causes, unless I naturally cause it.
gonehuntin'
hunter

Postby txhunter90 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:52 am

So the butt is gone? He will just start up under another name probably
txhunter90
hunter

Postby TomKat » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:54 am

I miss corncob.

He has a certain way of expressing him self that was refreshing.

Any chance we can get him back?
TomKat
Dorothy

Postby Gabagool » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:14 pm

Nooooooooooooooooooo! You have to bring this guy back. He is just comedy gold!! I love the fact that he calls everyone fags, but he hash-tags his posts. Hahahahaha. #Suckingbeiberoff #corncobbuttplugs #Ilovemyworkingdogssomuchifellatethem. I love this guy. I want to get a beer with this guy (if hes old enough). :beer:
Gabagool
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Hunting Dog Forum